UIL Texas green lights summer sports and activities

2,367 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is good news. This is getting back to normal.
sbs
DadHammer
Capitol Ag
AG
All in! Great news. Cannot be stated enough how important it is that we get our kids back into sports, school, daycare, parks, swimming pools and life. If not for them, for us parents too!
Charpie
AG
Rules are pretty ridiculous. But it's something.
88planoAg
AG
I'll be interested to see the band shows that are 10 feet apart.
Charpie
AG
Well these guidelines are only good until 8/1. Let's see what they decide for August 1st.
Fizban
I saw a dude riding a bike today in a face mask and blue rubber gloves.
Prexys Moon
AG
Charpie said:

Well these guidelines are only good until 8/1. Let's see what they decide for August 1st.

By August 1 this thing will be just about gone. They will be able to say, "we have been safe, reopened slowly, blah blah blah". They will allow football band etc to fire back up as normal, probably with some of the same asinine requirements they are doing with summer...temperature checks not letting the players shower etc but they will let it go back. Same for school reopening.

The schools/governor got REALLY lucky with the timing of this whole thing. By the time the pressure was on, it was after spring break, the year was almost over, they could shut it down and not a whole lot of people complained. He closed til May 4, we got used to the idea of everything. By the time he announced it was closed for the year, it wasn't as big a shock. Spring sports were lost, but whatever. (I dont mean to speak lightly, we have a senior who played HS golf and it sucked to lose it. I just mean compared to what it could have been).

Summer gave them time to go slow and phase and be "safe", whatever that means.

It would have been a whole different story if this thing started in late September. Whole different thing to shut down football, band , and school in the fall. After 3 or 4 weeks people would be losing their mind and the political pressure would have been way stronger to reopen.
GAC06
AG
Fizban said:

I saw a dude riding a bike today in a face mask and blue rubber gloves.

That's ridiculous. It boggles my mind that someone would be so ignorant, so out of touch with science. He should have stayed home instead of selfishly riding his bike.
Big Al 1992
AG
Hope to hear this week when schools will open in fall. We've got summer trips still to plan! Will the districts go with what TEA proposed - starting Aug 1 or start as originally scheduled.
Charpie
AG
Our ISD stated they are opening as planned.
Aggie
AG
Many schooo facilities are remaining closed this summer and the guidelines/ restrictions ones that do open must follow are a complete joke.

This is beyond dumb.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.