T- Celll study and COVID19-

1,905 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 00AGof3
laavispa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paper titled: "Targets of T cell responses to SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in humans with COVID-19 disease and unexposed individuals"

Got this dumped on me by a friend in AZ and requires translation by you medical folk. Best I can determine from this study 40-60% of population that have NOT had SARS-CoV-2 already have activated T Cells to the virus! likely due to cross-reactivity w/ other "common cold coronaviruses". may explain large % having easy time clearing virus and/or mild/no symptoms. At least that is the hypothesis.

https://www.cell.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0092-8674%2820%2930610-3

[url=https://t.co/OuwWLrBySp][/url]

DadHammer
AG
Cool
JTA1029
AG
Looks like you get the gist.

Helper T Cells identify viruses and prompt a response. The response is partially killer T Cells that destroy already infected cells. Another part of the response is the body producing antigens that bind to the part of the virus that normally would allow the virus to hitchhike a healthy cell.

Having been previously exposed to viruses that use similar methods would help your body more effectively fight off this virus.

Not a doctor and it's been almost 15 years since I took biology at TAMU. But I did watch storybots with my son this morning and they covered the immune system.
00AGof3
AG
JTA1029 said:

Looks like you get the gist.

Helper T Cells identify viruses and prompt a response. The response is partially killer T Cells that destroy already infected cells. Another part of the response is the body producing antigens that bind to the part of the virus that normally would allow the virus to hitchhike a healthy cell.

Having been previously exposed to viruses that use similar methods would help your body more effectively fight off this virus.

Not a doctor and it's been almost 15 years since I took biology at TAMU. But I did watch storybots with my son this morning and they covered the immune system.

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.