CDC data on IFR etc.

4,505 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fitch
terradactylexpress
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or just a lack of modern medical capacity? They even touch on it in that article that patients in the lower income areas have poor to no healthcare available to them
Sq 17
amercer said:

Or maybe Brazil has done a decent job of protecting its old people,
not sure Brazil has old people, of course they have a few old people on a % basis it has to be way lower than places like Milan or NYC
Pulmcrit_ag
I have 6 younger male patients 27-55 who are vented and fairly complex to care for. Those patients could easily be fatalities in less robust medical systems. I cannulated a 35 y/o we had been trying to get by on nippv for vv ecmo today immediately after intubation and that is basically a fatality without access to ecmo, ie most of the world.
Fitch
AG
Brazil has all the same social customs that you might find in Italy, which many ruminated might have spurred on the spreading, but nothing near the medical infrastructure. Frankly I think the quality and depth of America's medical system is taken for granted. Some of our family friends are Brazilian and come to the States for any medical procedure.

The favelas (slums) are essentially their own cities with a city, where police often will not go. They're gonna be hard hit... I can't imagine the reported stats will paint the full picture.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.