Big Thank You For Texags!

3,341 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dshedd41
Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just want to take a minute to personally thank Texags and it's owners Brandon Jones, Billy Lucci, Josh Oelze and Hunter Goodwin personally! When I first made the original post to help other Aggies who were terrified of this novel disease I made the mistake of putting it in the premium forum because that is where I go the most. I never expected the tremendous response and people started inundating me with requests to move it to the free forums so other Aggies and friends could read it.

Well Brandon Jones personally reached out to me and asked my thoughts about making a special forum for Covid-19. I told him I thought it was a wonderful idea. I know the interest is there as I am getting inundated with private messages in addition to all the questions in the thread. He never blinked or worried about liability, costs, time etc. He just did it!! And to me that speaks volumes about the kind of people they are.

The board took off beyond anything I could have imagined. These completely unselfish actions are what being an AGGIE is all about. I have absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind that this board has saved and impacted hundreds if not thousands of lives across the country. And not just Aggies but fans of all schools. In addition to information posted publicly, I have had more private messages than I can count from professors at A&M, other doctors, and many Aggies fans who didn't want things posted on a public forum.

This board has given Aggie doctors a place to educate the public in addition to sharing our personal experience and treatments with other Aggie doctors. I think we can all agree that there is no doubt we have become better doctors and learned a lot from each other. This has undoubtedly resulted in saving many other lives.

In an age where everything seems to be driven solely by money it's nice to see Texags step up and put the general good of society as a priority. I hope everyone can at least give a blue star or a Thumbs up for Texags here.

I have been a Texags premium subscriber since the beginning and a Varsity member since they added that just because I think it's worth that much to me with all of the A&M content I get. My wife and employees frequently tease me about how much time I "waste" on Texags. But I never even thought it would become this valuable a forum to actually save lives.

I hope everyone can at least give a blue star or a Thumbs Up for all that Texags has done for all of us completely free of charge. And maybe sign up for a month or two if or when you can afford it to help them recoup some of the added expense of this forum. I know some of you already did because you told me you had to get a premium account in order to private message me.

For full disclosure in no way did Texags or anyone associated with Texags ask me to write this. Who knows they might even take it down or make me take a break! LOL I just feel it is the right thing to do to give them the credit they deserve.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HotardAg07
Rachel 98
aginlakeway
AG
You have done an AMAZING job keeping Aggies updated here ... and MANY others on Facebook.

Awesome job!!!

Mike
KlinkerAg11
AG
Thank you for not scaring the **** out of us.

Seriously thank you!
aggiemetal
AG
Huge thanks Dr. Coates, for your time, effort and energy at a time when you were swamped, taking on the additional service to dispel dangerous misinformation from each end of the spectrum. You've been one of my primary sources of info b/c it was real, not abject fear or complete denial of the situation, just consistent, solid, educated information when actual News is a thing of the past.

Also want to thank you for what that created. Being able to get the doctors takes in their day in, day out experience with their patients and this, as well as them being able to share front lines info with each other (was really cool to see that work). The case studies were/are also very helpful.

The other helpful part and a deserved thanks in what this created, is the poster (his user name escapes me) but the triathlete guy in his mid 30's, that got it and gave a first hand account of how it hit him and his update 40+ days out from the onset. It was a good reference for me and was particularly helpful to my good friend and supervisor, who was an athletic stud himself and 50 days out is still just completely **** hammered from this. Anyways funny, like Dr. Coates said it went beyond A&M, he's a Longhorn but grateful to hear another guys account of it from a guy being kind of the same mold, got hit as young guys in great shape, tough and stout but almost two months in and resting heart rates of 110 range and energy levels just toast). Never seen that dude scarred, but he was this time and I think he just liked reassurance that it'll take time but slowly but surely he'll be able to get back into form. Good awareness, likely won't kill the younger but it's gonna leave a mark if you aren't fortunate enough to be asymptomatic.
MaroonDontRun
AG
Very well said.

I was truly astounded when I realized that lives were actually being saved by what was posted on this forum.

sbs
AG
Class act!
JPB1991
murphyag
Post removed:
by user
samsal75
Mark Fairchild
AG
This has been an extraordinary time for all of humanity. A time when the accepted behaviors, philosophies, and strategies, and last, but certainly not least "TRUTHS " have been tested. It seems simplistic to say, that I have found solace here on Texags, and from AGGIE physicians, but that is what I have been blessed with in these last months of a Pandemic that will be recorded in the "History of Man." A heart felt "THANK YOU" to the dedicated physicians that have posted throughout this whole life changing experience. I, in all likelihood, will never meet or know these doctors, but regardless, my gratitude and prayers are with all of them now and forever.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
74Ag1
AG
Thanks Doc
Jackal99
AG
Thank you for all your hard work, Doc. Your patience with answering questions (sometimes the same one multiple times) is amazing. Your daily updates are much-appreciated, as well. I hope you know how much TexAgs appreciates you.
88planoAg
chris1515
AG
Thanks to this forum I feel so much smarter about the situation than I would be having to sort through all the news and media on my own.

Thanks for all those that are sharing some valuable info on here.
fitzwatema
AG
Doc Rev, while you are thanking TexAgs for allowing you and other doctors to post information on Covid-19, I would like to thank you and all the other doctors for taking time from your busy schedules to share valuable information about how to keep safe. I have read your posts and those of others and have used this information to make my family and friend safer during this pandemic. I can't thank you enough for the service all of you have provided. Stay safe and keep up the good job!
Madagascar
AG
Agreed Doc. This forum has turned into a fantastic resource in a time of fear and desperate need. And it couldn't have happened without the support of Texags! I always followed for the football coverage but they what they have done for the community has been incredibly helpful and shows the Aggie spirit through and through. Thank you Texags!
Athanasius
MiMi
Gizzards
AG
I agree that the forum is great and TexAgs was smart to start it. There, however, is nothing "selfless" about it, and that's perfectly fine. It's a free forum like the majority here. It drives traffic to the site which can increase ad revenue and premium memberships. I'm sure it was started purely as a public service, and they could not predict how popular it would become. Turns out it's good for the public and good for TexAgs. I applaud that.
fightingfarmer09
Special thanks to Forum 16 for the early attention on Covid, and driving the traffic that ultimately led to the creation of this board.

Good job!
dshedd41
S
I haven't been on this board in awhile but I still want to thank ALL of the Aggie docs on here for their information and time! This is truly a special community on the internet that I'm proud to be apart of!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.