#bringbackTexasbaseball

1,652 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I started the petition on change.org, could definitely use the power of TexAgs to get this across to Abbott's desk.

Sign and share!

change.org/bring-back-texas-baseball

Thanks in advance!
I Am A Critic
Do these petitions ever actually work or do they just exist to make the people who sign them feel good?
Username checks out.
crowman2010
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Do these petitions ever actually work or do they just exist to make the people who sign them feel good?
Considering I've already gotten the attention of KHOU and FOX news this morning...I'd say its working
I Am A Critic
crowman2010 said:

I Am A Critic said:

Considering I've already gotten the attention of KHOU and FOX news this morning...I'd say its working
Because they have the authority to do what you want?
Username checks out.
Premium
AG
I Am A Critic said:

crowman2010 said:

I Am A Critic said:

You are a bad critic.
crowman2010
AG
I Am A Critic said:

crowman2010 said:

I Am A Critic said:

Because they have the ability to spread the word so we can continue to put pressure on the Gov.

Bad critic
JRB78
AG
Doing something>doing nothing
BourbonAg
AG
I agree with your concept but disagree with the following:

"Unlike many other sports, baseball requires constant play and refinement in skills such as hitting, fielding, and pitching."

Almost every sport I can think of requires constant refinement of physical movements. There is no reason to short-change other sports to get your point across.

jt16
AG
I don't understand. Literally everything in life has been pushed back. Why can't baseball in TX wait a couple weeks from now exactly?
Bassmaster
AG
Because it is nonsensical. Kids can overnight camp with eachother on the 31st, but can't gather on a baseball field against another team for two weeks after that....and it is all an overreaction, so we should be able to do whatever we want.
AggieOO
I Am A Critic said:

The petitions work alright. The petitions allow the company to gather information on thousands upon thousands of people and then they sell that information for big $.
agsalaska
AG
jt16 said:

I don't understand. Literally everything in life has been pushed back. Why can't baseball in TX wait a couple weeks from now exactly?
Because there are not enough days in the summer to complete a season starting that late. Most leagues do not own their fields and have contracts with cities or counties. Many of those run thru June 30. Some thru July 30.

As the summer heats up the fields need more rest, limiting the amount of play. For example, on June 15th we go from 5 days a week access to 4. Not all associations deal with that but some do.

June 15 means cancelled. So far, by my count, Pearland, Bayside, most of Waco, Leon County, Moody, Mcgregor, West, Bruceville-Eddie, and possibly Pearland have cancelled since the announcement. I believe the actual number is well over 100, but that's just from people I know. Edit to add all sports in Killeen and Harker Heights

Some of these leagues will go bankrupt and be done.

That is why.

Edit- We tried everything here in central Texas. We got it on the docket with the Governor today, and Channel 25 actually asked the Governor on air Tuesday night. All we got were canned answers. Except me. I got a question that should not have surprised me from a staffer in the Capitol. He wanted to know the financial impact. Of course I could not give him an exact dollar amount. That would take a lot of coordination and more time.

Thats how the camps won their battle. Most would go under if they lost half their summer campers. They were better organized much earlier. Youth baseball in Texas is split across about 10 different organizations that are not politically minded.

Last edit- It is not completely over. I have not heard how the meeting went this afternoon. I take that as a bad sign, but maybe not.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.