Quarantine for 14 days

20,123 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by eric76
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was exposed to someone who has since been confirmed to have covid-19. At the time, they appeared fine.

On a telemedicine call on Saturday, I was told to quarantine for 14 days. I asked if that was 14 days from Saturday or 14 days from the exposure and they said it was from the exposure.

So I've been quarantined since then. The only reason I have gone outdoors is to throw something into the dumpster.

The exposure was two weeks ago tomorrow (Thursday).

This may be a nitpicky, but does the 14 days start with the day of the exposure or the day after? In other words, does my quarantine end tonight or does it end tomorrow night?

Since the exposure was about 6 pm in the evening, I'm thinking about stopping the quarantine at 6 pm tomorrow.

Does that sound about right? Or should I wait until Friday?

FWIW, I'm looking forward to going to the nearest Dairy Queen and getting a hamburger and fries to go. I also want to find some of the Quercetin and CoQ10 but will probably wait until Friday for that.
aginlakeway
AG
eric76 said:

I was exposed to someone who has since been confirmed to have covid-19. At the time, they appeared fine.

On a telemedicine call on Saturday, I was told to quarantine for 14 days. I asked if that was 14 days from Saturday or 14 days from the exposure and they said it was from the exposure.

So I've been quarantined since then. The only reason I have gone outdoors is to throw something into the dumpster.

This may be a nitpicky, but does the 14 days start with the day of the exposure or the day after? In other words, does my quarantine end tonight or does it end tomorrow night?

Since the exposure was about 6 pm in the evening, I'm thinking about stopping the quarantine at 6 pm tomorrow.

FWIW, I'm looking forward to going to the nearest Dairy Queen and getting a hamburger and fries to go. I also want to find some of the Quercetin and CoQ10 but will probably wait until Friday for that.

Do they deliver?
twk
AG
Since they say the quarantine is 14 days, I would say that Thursday is your 14th day of quarantine and you are out of quarantine on Friday.
eric76
AG
aginlakeway said:

eric76 said:

Do they deliver?
It is a 30 mile round trip to the nearest Dairy Queen. If they do delivery, it is probably only in their own town.
Rutedown
twk said:

Since they say the quarantine is 14 days, I would say that Thursday is your 14th day of quarantine and you are out of quarantine on Friday.

Just in time to get a haircut
Carnwellag2
eric76 said:

how about just go take a test after -5 days and get cleared
lunchbox
eric76 said:

If you don't want to venture out, you can get Quercetin, CoQ10, etc on Amazon. I ordered on Sunday and got everything by Tuesday.
eric76
AG
lunchbox said:

eric76 said:

If you don't want to venture out, you can get Quercetin, CoQ10, etc on Amazon. I ordered on Sunday and got everything by Tuesday.
The local pharmacy has free deliveries, now, for prescriptions. I need to refill my prescriptions so I may just ask them to deliver the Quercetin and CoQ10 at the same time provided that they have it in stock. It's a small pharmacy that doesn't have much in the way of vitamins, though, so they might not have it.
eric76
AG
Carnwellag2 said:

eric76 said:

As I understand it, they won't do the test unless you have symptoms.
SunrayAg
AG
Hey, we don't want you at our Dairy Queen on 13 and a half days... be sure to wait the full 14...
Gizzards
AG
Depends where you live. In the Houston area there is testing available without symptoms.
SVaggie84
AG
If they have a Vitamin Shop near you, they were great at quercitin and other supplements. Just ordered for curbside pick up. You call when you get there and pop the trunk. They come out and put it in your trunk.
Tabasco
AG
eric76 said:

Carnwellag2 said:

eric76 said:

I thought that was only at the beginning when the only had 1000 tests for the 4-5 million people in Houston.

I would say you are good re:quarantine, but if it was me, I would look for the nearest testing site and inquire of you are eligible.

eric76
AG
SunrayAg said:

Hey, we don't want you at our Dairy Queen on 13 and a half days... be sure to wait the full 14...
Spearman is a bit closer, though.

It appears it isn't going to happen, though. I'm showing one sign of covid-19 -- a reduced sense of smell and taste. I had a brownie this afternoon and it was fine, but my tuna fish sandwich for supper was way off.

So I have an appointment to be tested in Spearman on Thursday morning and then I'm going into hiding until the results are in.

By the way, I usually go to the Moore County Clinic next to the hospital in Dumas. Last Friday, they reminded me of a post-apocalyptic novel.
eric76
AG
SVaggie84 said:

If they have a Vitamin Shop near you, they were great at quercitin and other supplements. Just ordered for curbside pick up. You call when you get there and pop the trunk. They come out and put it in your trunk.
Vitamin Shop? I didn't even know there were such places!

That's a great idea about the trunk. The pharmacy is right across the street from the hospital where I'm going to be tested. I'll run out of one of my medications in the middle of next week so I'll get them refilled tomorrow.
eric76
AG
Tabasco said:

eric76 said:

Carnwellag2 said:

eric76 said:

I thought that was only at the beginning when the only had 1000 tests for the 4-5 million people in Houston.

I would say you are good re:quarantine, but if it was me, I would look for the nearest testing site and inquire of you are eligible.
I'm showing a symptom now and so I suddenly became eligible.

The symptom reminds me more of a sinus infection and that's what I'm hoping it is.
BiochemAg97
AG
eric76 said:

14*24 hrs since the last contact with a known (or suspected) case. For example, If you spent an hour with them from 5 to 6, then the clock starts when you separate at 6 and not when you met up at 5. Seems like 6pm tomorrow is the right call.
eric76
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

eric76 said:

14*24 hrs since the last contact with a known (or suspected) case. For example, If you spent an hour with them from 5 to 6, then the clock starts when you separate at 6 and not when you met up at 5. Seems like 6pm tomorrow is the right call.
That's the way I was looking at it. Thanks.
Tabasco
AG
eric76 said:

BiochemAg97 said:

eric76 said:

So are you going to get a test? Keep us updated, and good luck.
eric76
AG
Tabasco said:

eric76 said:

BiochemAg97 said:

eric76 said:

So are you going to get a test? Keep us updated, and good luck.
I have it scheduled for 11:15 am. I'd go right now if I could.
cowenlaw
AG
You can order Quercetin and CoQ10 on Amazon.
eric76
AG
cowenlaw said:

Thanks. I'll do that if the pharmacy doesn't have them.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I ordered all lthe things Doc in the top thread recommended on Amazon. I got them all within a day or two of the orders. I am over 70 and think I need all the help I can get. I do sometimes forget to take the things twice a day, but at breakfast I take them all the first time. And get the melatonin too. My NAC just got here yesterday. He recommends twice a day but any time I am adding a new one, I do once a day the first day just to be sure I can tolerate it. YOU MUST HAVE ZINC. so be sure you don't just do the others. Hope you have a negative.
beerad12man
AG
eric76 said:

aginlakeway said:

eric76 said:

Do they deliver?
It is a 30 mile round trip to the nearest Dairy Queen. If they do delivery, it is probably only in their own town.
I didnt realize you could drive 15 miles anywhere in Texas and not come across a Dairy Queen
twk
AG
beerad12man said:

eric76 said:

aginlakeway said:

eric76 said:

Do they deliver?
I didnt realize you could drive 15 miles anywhere in Texas and not come across a Dairy Queen
In certain parts of Texas, a 15 mile drive just gets you to the pavement.
beerad12man
AG
Yes, I know. I would love to be in some of those spots no doubt.
AgToadie
Eric, wishing you the best of health. Just posting to say thank you for abiding by the quarantine recommendations. I wish everyone took the protocols seriously.
Duncan Idaho
Since you are demonstrating symptoms are you going to remain quarantined until you get the results back?
eric76
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Since you are demonstrating symptoms are you going to remain quarantined until you get the results back?
Yes
eric76
AG
eric76 said:

cowenlaw said:

Thanks. I'll do that if the pharmacy doesn't have them.
The pharmacy has the CoQ10 but not the Quercetin.

For what it's worth, my sense of smell seems to be mostly back today! Wishful thinking tells me that it might be something else, but I'm not putting much credence into wishful thinking.

Edit:

Looking at Amazon.com, I see a whole bunch of different formulations for Quercetin. There are a number of choices for Quercetin with Bromelain.
Duncan Idaho
eric76 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Yes

I hope it is just allergies. You are in my prayers.
eric76
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

eric76 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Yes

I hope it is just allergies. You are in my prayers.
Thanks,

Quarantine should be much different than for most people. The quarantine instructions said to pick out one room and stay there except to go to the bathroom.

I have a section of farmland to wander around with only myself on it. The nearest neighbor as the crow flies is half a mile away across the pasture. The nearest neighbor by road is the Lutheran Church and the local Lutheran Pastor and his wife a mile away.

I got plenty of books to read. No tv at all which is fine by me. No telephone and no internet unless I come over to my younger brother's house where I am now. He stays in town so I have the place to myself and no need to wear a mask. A little road noise here -- in the last hour, one pickup and one tractor has driven by on the road. From the house, the nearest public road is half a mile away.

It's just me, the birds, and the mice. As long as I don't get sick, this should be like a mini vacation. This could be quite enjoyable.

If the test comes back negative, I may just act like it didn't come back yet, get some whiskey, and stay on the farm until I've read 10 or 20 of the books I have.

Hmmm. Another pickup coming down the road! This road is getting way too busy.
SunrayAg
AG
Sounds like Oslo?

I pass through there every Monday afternoon, so wave if you see a blue truck with a white kawasaki on a trailer...
eric76
AG
SunrayAg said:

Sounds like Oslo?

I pass through there every Monday afternoon, so wave if you see a blue truck with a white kawasaki on a trailer...
It is. I'm hoping to get negative test results by then.

Where you see the two houses on opposite sides of the small creek and opposite sides of the highway along with a mill on the east side of the highway, I'm a half mile to the west.

For the most part, though, I stay in the living quarters I have at the office.

But if I see you, I'll wave. Actually, out there, we wave at everyone anyway.
Capitol Ag
AG
SunrayAg said:

This, I wouldn't overthink it. Covid can't tell it's 6pm on day 14. Go at 4 and the virus, if it's in you and it's probably not, it won't check it's watch and prepare to attack the poor diners of DQ

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.