Over 100,000 cases

6,156 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tbs2003
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our Texas numbers are way off. Still too strict in testing in some areas. Still getting patients sent to hospital floors with symptoms, no PPE for workers because patients aren't considered PUI. Still caught up in "have you traveled recently" screen being end all be all.
bmart97
AG
And those with an axe to grind will never give him credit. That was proven last year regarding the economy and don't give me "look at the economy now" since the shock to all economies worldwide was not seen coming.
bmart97
AG
I believe it's a relative thing. We all knew the number of cases would grow in direct relationship to the number of tests given. The thing to celebrate is that the death rate is coming down. Don't you think that's worth celebrating?
CyclingAg82
AG
bmart97 said:

And those with an axe to grind will never give him credit. That was proven last year regarding the economy and don't give me "look at the economy now" since the shock to all economies worldwide was not seen coming.
This is so true.

One other thing - I have searched for a graphical representation of countries around the world comparing cases vs. population. Which I think is statistically significant, along with population density. I cannot find one.

Any one here seen this metric?

TexasAggie008
AG
The saying about "lies, damn lies, and statistics" comes to mind
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
bmart97 said:

I believe it's a relative thing. We all knew the number of cases would grow in direct relationship to the number of tests given. The thing to celebrate is that the death rate is coming down. Don't you think that's worth celebrating?

It is. Except that it is still at 1.5% or so, which means very bad things. I think even two or three weeks ago, I posted that a "best case" scenario of .5% mortality would be bad news, and we are still way worse than that. We need to see how the next week or two go before we can start feeling one way or another how bad this is going to be (or not be). I'm hopeful the social distancing measures of the last two weeks have helped, but it's too soon to say.
Tbs2003
Save this for the Politics board.

Personally, I would welcome a COVID-19 politics sub-board over here to discuss things like this. The main Politics board is pretty much an echo chamber, and I end up wanting to burn my diplomas after spending more than 30 minutes over there.
bmart97
AG
Tbs2003 said:

Save this for the Politics board.

Personally, I would welcome a COVID-19 politics sub-board over here to discuss things like this. The main Politics board is pretty much an echo chamber, and I end up wanting to burn my diplomas after spending more than 30 minutes over there.

Did you suggest that to the other posters who agree with your position? I must have missed that one.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Did you suggest that to the other posters who agree with your position? I must have missed that one.
Who cares. Check you political conspiracy theories at the door here as there is another forum that is more than capable of hosting those discussions.
Tbs2003
It was for that entire part of the thread - yours was just the last political post that I saw, so I responded to that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.