Take this with a grain of salt, but.....

2,570 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mordred
FrecklesDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am moving from a work location (got laid off Tuesday a week ago) to home this weekend. Have a small backyard that needs mowing and do not have a mower here, do I offered my t-sip neighbor (he is a really nice guy) some money to mow my backyard because he was mowing his.

He works for the Texas Health Board and we had not talked since all this had started. Anyway, he tells me that this bug had been here a lot longer than just the last couple of months. He confirmed that it started in China, but said it started there sometime last summer. He also said that the higher ups knew something was going on last fall here, but did not know what it was. They did let the governor know something was going on, but did not know if an epidemic or something else, much less a pandemic.

He said there were a lot of strange illnesses and deaths that acted a lot like the flu, but they could not identify what it was. Said it maybe started here as early as late September. He thought that the infection rate was not as high as we have been let to believe, but that was just his opinion. He also said he thinks from what her knows that the Chinese knew about this a lot sooner than they have let on and that they let it hit is like this for political reasons. He is not a redneck, quite the opposite.

[While this doesn't fall within news/information, we leaving it and locking the thread. - Moderator]
hoosierAG
AG
Agree, the citrus has been here a long time
84AGEC
AG
So did the sip do a good job cutting the yard
Rossticus
hoosierAG said:

Orange you glad we know that now, though?
TxAG#2011
It's not very comforting people on the health board are buying far fetched conspiracy theories
benchmark
AG
hoosierAG said:

My parents still tell stories about when citrus hit south TX.
Justin2010
AG
I thought I read on here that someone proved genetically that it hadn't been here very long... Like late December at the longest.
Mordred
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

It's not very comforting people on the health board are buying far fetched conspiracy theories
You can't expect people on the Health Board to know anything about health or science.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.