NY Testing Drug Combo

3,163 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TelcoAg
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cuomo approves observational trials across the state's hospitals: TEST
Rapier108
Meant to post this on a different thread.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Harrison Wells
AG
Rapier108 said:

But, But, But, the media says these "Trump Drugs" don't work, and will actually kill people.

Take it back to the politics board
Rapier108
Apologies, I had another thread open and just posted the comment to the wrong one.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TexAg91
AG
74OA said:

Cuomo approves wide-spread experiment across the state's hospitals: TEST
Fish tank cleaner, right?
74OA
AG
It appears the link is behind a paywall for some, so.....

Washington Post: "New York is moving at unprecedented speed and scale in a human experiment to distribute tens of thousands of doses of anti-malarial drugs to seriously ill patients, spurred by political leaders including President Trump to try a treatment that is not proved to be effective against the coronavirus.

With no proven treatment for the coronavirus, and infections in New York topping 30,000, health experts say the Food and Drug Administration has moved with uncommon speed to authorize New York's sweeping plan to distribute the drugs through hospital networks.

Planning for such a complex initiative would ordinarily take up to nine months, those experts say. In New York, the U.S. epicenter of the covid-19 pandemic, that timeline has been compressed into three days.

Trump's direct intervention into complex medical issues, as well as New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's embrace of the strategy, has generated popular excitement about the drugs.

The attention by political leaders also has contributed to runs on supply and hoarding, which New York and other states have tried to block with executive orders restricting prescriptions.

New York will use three medications hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin contributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Amneal Pharmaceuticals, the state said. The first wave of patients will receive hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Patient outcomes from the experiment will be gathered electronically and contribute to an "observational" trial being coordinated by the government, the official said. In an observational trial, which is considered less rigorous than a controlled trial comparing a treatment with a placebo, researchers see if a therapy is safe and effective by gathering and comparing the results in a large database.

In addition to mortality and overall recovery, the study will measure patients' overall viral load, duration on a ventilator and number of days in the hospital"."
74OA
AG
Too bad this post was derailed right off the bat by the political nuts.........
fta09
AG
Take extra precautions to not get chlamydia, y'all. Azithromycin is gonna be hard to find.
Mordred
AG
fta09 said:

Take extra precautions to not get chlamydia, y'all. Azithromycin is gonna be hard to find.
jasontaylor7

"New York will use three medications hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin contributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Amneal Pharmaceuticals, the state said."

Well, if anyone cares, me prediction is that the results won't be too impressive. Feel free to see https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3103037 #1 for the detailed reasons.
Keegan99
AG
Yep. Even on the theoretical whiteboard, the Zinc is the key. The hydroxychloroquin is just the locksmith.
AgResearch
AG
Keegan99 said:

Yep. Even on the theoretical whiteboard, the Zinc is the key. The hydroxychloroquin is just the locksmith.
Are you the keymaster?
saber69
AG
Yeah, don't forget the zinc.

It is what actually inhibits the virus.
74OA
AG
jasontaylor7 said:

"New York will use three medications hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin contributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and Amneal Pharmaceuticals, the state said."

Well, if anyone cares, me prediction is that the results won't be too impressive. Feel free to see https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3103037 #1 for the detailed reasons.
NY will answer a lot of questions even if the data is unsatisfying from a clinical research perspective.
jasontaylor7
74OA said:

jasontaylor7 said:

NY will answer a lot of questions even if the data is unsatisfying from a clinical research perspective.
I largely disagree. I mean are they the qs I have? I want to know how good Zelenko's cocktail really is. That's all right now. Time is very limited. This will mostly delay testing of it. (To date, to my knowledge, he has the best track record. As I showed elsewhere, if he is telling the truth, it's a 5-sigma result. Even if he wasn't aware of a few deaths or hospitalizations, it is still the best.) Besides, I think they already did this study. Now they are just using a bigger sample size. Correct me if I'm wrong. Energy towards it will delay results from studies with zinc, which is what is needed now the most IMO.

It is similar to when someone comes up to you and is asking you to donate $20 to the red cross, a politician's campaign, or something well known. Their argument is it will help the world some. But, no, it will hurt it. Here's why. I only have so much money. So now that $20 can't be going elsewhere. If you know of some serious problems in the world, you probably also should think that there are better bangs for the buck in terms of charities. Perhaps, for example, donating those funds to some rogue gonzo journalist on patreon would help the world more. I mean, today I saw a bizarre video of some guy asking qs in NYC about an alleged makeshift morgue. ( ) It's good there are crazy people out there like that. So, putting that $20 to the red cross will actually hurt the world. (Red Cross, if you are reading this, I love you, and I'm just joking. I will donate again real soon. Promise.)

Anyway, by analogy, there are also only so many COVID-19 studies that are going to be done in the next two weeks. So, this one isn't going to do much for me. It will even clutter the headlines obfuscating what is important. I'm such a skeptic, I even wonder if that perhaps a goal. I mean, how could anyone not know about zinc? Perhaps they fear that it is OTC, which would lead to patient self medication? It's a bit of an interesting puzzle, part of what makes me love this world even at it's worst.
TelcoAg
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.