Is there a site where you can look up old baseball gloves?

1,889 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
ParisTx04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a hand-me-down Wilson. It is pretty old, but not like 50 years old. It has a likeness of Toby Harrah's signature in it. It hink my older bro. used it in the late 70's.

What other people have old gloves with obscure players names on them?
Trajan88
AG
Speaking of "old" gloves... I have a Rawlings Mickey Mantle, circa '72... it is a mini-glove compared to my Heart-o-the-Hide PRO6-RH.

Time for a new glove.

Trajan88
TAMU Class of '88
Law Hall (may it R.I.P.) Ramp 9 Mule
f.u.p.

[This message has been edited by Trajan88 (edited 10/27/2005 5:46p).]
ParisTx04
Mine's pretty big, not tiny like some of the real old ones. I saw what was called an outfielders glove(I don't know much about gloves) the other day and it was freaking HUGE!
91AggieLawyer
AG
I think I still have a Rawlings glove with Rick Burleson ("The Rooster"; played for the Red Sox) on it. I remember seeing Toby Harrah on gloves in the mid-70s, but I didn't think they were Wilsons.

Seems to me there was Rawlings, a few Wilson models, then mostly off-brand gloves when I was a kid. I don't recall many other manufacturers -- at least not like now where you can buy one from a dozen or more places. One of these off brands was a glove I used until high school and was the second best glove I ever owned after a Mizuno I used for softball later (and stupidly left at the ball park, never to be seen again).
AgRyan04
I had the classic Rawlings Jose Canseco model until my sophomore year in HS when I got H.O.H. glove.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com

[This message has been edited by AgRyan04 (edited 10/28/2005 3:52p).]
denied
I have the Rawlings Jose Canseco that I got when I was 6. Still use it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I had a Rawlings forever, always the Nolan. Then I got the Randy Johnson. Then I got a black TPX. Now I use a Nokona. I love that thing. It broke in in 2 days.
Philip J Fry
AG
I remember thinking when I got my first glove: "Who the heck is George Brett?"
Longstreet
quote:
Now I use a Nokona. I love that thing. It broke in in 2 days.

Nokona is top notch. My 15 year old bought one two summers ago, thinking he could use the off-season to break it in. Needless to say, it didn't take any where near that long.

I've been by the factory to pick up a catalog a few times. It doesn't look like much, a disreputable old brick warehouse about a city block square. They offer tours, but I've never had the time. One of these days I'm going to gather the kids and check it out.

Josh, you know that they rebuild their gloves, right? If yours gets too worn, send it in and they will clean it up and rebuild it. As I recall it was $25.00 plus S&H, but don't hold me to that.

"You couldn't pay me to run into a burning house. I'm a VOLUNTEER."
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I did not know that. That will come in handy later though. The only knock they have is that they can get a little too soft when they start to get old.
aTm08
Nakonas are very overrated, they become way too floppy too fast and are heavy gloves as well...there are far superior gloves out there
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've seen the floppiness in some of the older gloves. That said, I have had mine for 6 years and have yet to have that problem.
Skull Session
'69 Brooks Robinson here. Damn that was a good glove. Still oozing neatsfoot oil. I wonder where I put it?
ColoradoMooseHerd
Being able to break in a glove in 2 days, is not a good thing
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You wouldn't think so, but I have had zero problems with it. Not even a little bit.
Oveta
Toby Harrah glove on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WILSON-TOBY-HARRAH-MODEL-BASEBALL-GLOVE-EX_W0QQitemZ8717730933QQcategoryZ50126QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Rangers23
Hi ParisTx04, I know this was 12 years ago but is there any way you still have that Toby Harrah glove. My dad loved him when he was a kid and had that same glove but it was stolen by one of my Little League coaches years ago! I know right??? Anyway, I was wondering if I could buy it from you. I made this account because when I googled Toby Harrah glove, this popped up. I am an Aggie class of 16 so I hope one Ag can help another.
Thank you so much for your time.
Mr.Ackar07
Just a random comment, but Wally Moon had a glove model out there as well: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rawlings-G-450-Wally-Moon-baseball-glove-in-great-shape-/142504133272?hash=item212de88298:g:fO4AAOSwz0xZlTiD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.