UT Matchup Concern

13,828 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Moon Shadow
GarryowenAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight is certainly a night for celebrating, but turning to the finals against UT, I can't help but think about how strong their offense has been and their pitching is pretty well-rested versus our rotation thats been pretty stressed.

Are we in for an eye opening experience or do we have the pitching depth to compete?
MPD280
GOOD
CharlieBrown17
AG
I wouldn't call our pen stressed. Especially for this point in the season.
Commander Gorn
AG
UF scored 15 on Kentucky and then 0 on us just today
W
AG
Tennessee played a bunch of ACC teams
Johnsy3
AG
Tennessee is obviously a good team
We obviously have the pitching to compete
It's going to be GOOD
aeroag14
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Tonight is certainly a night for celebrating, but turning to the finals against UT, I can't help but think about how strong their offense has been and their pitching is pretty well-rested versus our rotation thats been pretty stressed.

Are we in for an eye opening experience or do we have the pitching depth to compete?

I havnt looked at the numbers. But I would be shocked if their staff hasn't thrown more pitches than ours. So not sure I agree
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Take one night to enjoy where we are.
Charlie 31
AG
Are you worried we will defeat Tennessee in two games and win it all on Sunday instead of Monday?
S.A. Aggie
AG
The only pitcher I have concern for is Cortez but I think he will be GOOD!!
Specialized
AG
We've got two days off. Pitching will be fresh.
Ag4life80
AG
As we saw tonight, changing speeds and getting ahead in the count plays really well against amped up hitters
GarryowenAg
AG
Oh I certainly am, and you're right. This is probably a discussion to be started tomorrow. Just looking forward to Saturday and can't help but think about the matchup.
The Banned
MPD280 said:

GOOD

This is the #1 reason to love Schloss. (Insert whatever bull**** you want here). GOOD
rgag12
AG
Are we the inferior team? Maybe, but not by much.

In baseball though, inferior teams beat better teams all the time.
austinag1997
AG
Could everyone just enjoy where we are for a couple of days!?. Dayum. Our program has never been here and our dayum great coach has never been here. Just pause. Enjoy.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Tennessee's offensive numbers are inflated somewhat by the bandbox stadium they play in but they are still very good.

However, our pitching really likes this ballpark
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
W said:

Agreed. We're more battle tested in this CWS
AggieBB
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Compete? We're gonna kick their ****ing asses!
Randy Rhodes
W said:

Were we the only team the the CWS to play nothing but SEX teams?
TH36
Randy Rhodes said:

W said:

I like the sound of this…..
TheBonifaceOption
Randy Rhodes said:

W said:

Iron sharpened Iron on this side of the bracket.

Iron was poosyfooting tin on the other side.
Ag for Life
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Tennessee's offensive numbers are inflated somewhat by the bandbox stadium they play in but they are still very good.

Somebody needs to post that hard to read graphic that shows each home ballpark overlaid on the CWS field. UT's is embarrassingly small. I need to research their home/away HR splits but they certainly hit way more at home in that Mickey mouse park
IslanderAg04
Commander Gorn said:

UF scored 15 on Kentucky and then 0 on us just today

Team effort but it was good seeing a Calallen kid take command of one of the hottest hitting teams in the league. Making my home town proud.
Mas89
AG
The best pitching performances will win the championship. Hopefully Aggies will be on.
BadMoonRisin
AG
This has to be one of the most resilient teams in college baseball.

Bring 'em on.
pasquale
AG
Ag for Life said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

Somebody needs to post that hard to read graphic that shows each home ballpark overlaid on the CWS field. UT's is embarrassingly small. I need to research their home/away HR splits but they certainly hit way more at home in that Mickey mouse park

We've only hit one ourself so far in Omaha. It has affected both teams but Tennessee can take the ball too
halfastros81
AG
I think our pitching is in about as good a shape as we could have possibly expected and it's been stellar . Schloss handling of the pitching…. Masterful is the only word I can come up with right now.
jkag89
S.A. Aggie said:

The only pitcher o have concern for is Cortez but I think he will be GOOD!!
Cortez only throwing 8 pitches tonight might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
AggieArchitect04
AG
We've only used 5 pitchers so far in Omaha.
TexasRebel
AG
54 outs away
AggieArchitect04
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

W said:

I, too, enjoy playing only sex teams.
TexasRebel
AG
W said:

The brackets were ACC-SEX : 3-1 and 1-3.

it's an all SEX final!

Next year the SEC will be diluted.
LOYAL AG
AG
The one thing that surprised me tonight was that we left Lamkin in as long as we did. I really thought he wouldn't throw him at all tonight then when he did I thought it would be the same plan as Saturday. I thought he would be the Saturday starter on good rest with Prager going Sunday on one day short. So yeah if I had to worry it would be that those guys are your starters and both will go on short rest. Don't know what five days versus seven really means but that's what Prager will face after throwing 95 on Monday. Lamkin threw 70 last night in his second outing so assuming he's Sunday what will he have left? It seems certain we'll have to see some other guys get some huge outs this weekend.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Wabs
AG
I'm not surprised we kept Lamkin in as long as we did. In fact, I kinda wondered why he got pulled. He was cruising and you don't want to mess around and let UF get hot. I think Schloss made the decision to do it because we went up 5-0. I wonder if Schloss is thinking about someone else (not Prager) to start Game 1. Most likely not because who would that be? Just a bullpen type game with Cortez going 4-5 innings?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.