Horns down…

15,632 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by GigEm81
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we please stop with this sheat? It only shows they are on our minds. WE are in the World Series. They aren't. Just give me the gig'em. Enough with the gay arse horns down.

Rant over
TexAg1987
It is literally in our fight song. Think of it as a visual representation of our fight song and let it go.
ProphAC
AG
The more you care whether some other Ag does a horns down, the more it shows that THEY are in YOUR head. Who cares what other Ags do to show their pride in our school. You do you.
dabo man
AG
We never did a horns down against anyone but tu. Horns down is OU's thing.
cords12
I think horns down has become more prevalent since they started crying about it asking for a safe space and a penalty.
LB12Diamond
AG
I don't do horns down. But I don't care if others do it bc I know others are going to do what they are going to do. It is what it is.
Lake08
ProphAC said:

The more you care whether some other Ag does a horns down, the more it shows that THEY are in YOUR head. Who cares what other Ags do to show their pride in our school. You do you.

Wrong. I am watching the game and I see more horns down, then gig em. Let's represent our school….not theirs
cr06gis
AG
Dont really have a strong opinion on it, but I always thought it was an OU thing as well. Rarely saw anybody do it while I was in school 02-06. It is slightly cringe seeing ags do it, but i wont lose sleep over it
Moral High Horse
No

/w\ /w\
LB12Diamond
AG
I'm curious

Did it really bother you that those kids did horns down after we won our game. Or was it more that all those sip Twitter accounts latch onto those things and make statements?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
TexAg1987 said:

It is literally in our fight song. Think of it as a visual representation of our fight song and let it go.

Not sure what song you've been singing but the rest of us have been sawing 'em off. Leave the horns down to OU.
AggiePetro07
AG
I went to OU and Texas A&M. I will continue to do horns down until I die. I hate t.u.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
They're crying about penalties for whorns down and how much it triggers them means whoever and whenever it's done is allowed and encouraged at this point. Get over it it's here to stay and all the SEC will be doing it.
barnag
Lake08 said:

ProphAC said:

Wrong. I am watching the game and I see more horns down, then gig em. Let's represent our school….not theirs
Since you're a sip OP, aren't they representing your school not ours?
ProphAC
AG
Horns down has been part of our school culture for many many decades. It's fine. Don't worry about it.

You aren't going to convince anyone to do anything. Stop worrying about it and "what we look like".

Nobody cares.
dermdoc
AG
Who cares?

Some of y'all care an lot about stuff I do not even notice.

Life is too short.

BTHO everybody!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
An L of an Ag
AG
One fun thing about being older is not giving two ****s about what ANYONE thinks.

So keep throwing the horns down. And/or the gigem. Doesn't matter.
TexasAGGIEinAR
LB12Diamond said:

I'm curious

Did it really bother you that those kids did horns down after we won our game. Or was it more that all those sip Twitter accounts latch onto those things and make statements?
Just delete Twitter like I did about a year and a half ago, and you don't have to see idiotic sip comments pop up everywhere. It's like a whole new, wonderful world. If you're not on a platform to see all of those idiots yapping, you forget they exist. Gig 'Em!
Lake08
barnag said:

Lake08 said:

ProphAC said:

Since you're a sip OP, aren't they representing your school not ours?

STFU. Class of 97. Sports Mgmt under Dr.Frank Ashley. Interned at 12th Man. Try again
95Ag
AG
I'm not losing sleep over it, but it's not a good look.

The sips aren't worthy of such attention, and I wish we'd stop giving it to them … especially on a national stage. We're better than that.
LB12Diamond
AG
I love Twitter. But of course I don't let silly tweets especially from rivals upset me.

"What others think of you is non of your business"
TyHolden
AG
do whatever you want. horns down is a national thing now. i'm indifferent to it.
greg.w.h
AG
Lake08 said:

Can we please stop with this sheat? It only shows they are on our minds. WE are in the World Series. They aren't. Just give me the gig'em. Enough with the gay arse horns down.

Rant over
You earn your reputation as a sip troll again. Try to get a buttstickectomy. Fans hating on each other is just part of being fanatic.
trouble
AG
LB12Diamond said:

I don't do horns down. But I don't care if others do it bc I know others are going to do what they are going to do. It is what it is.

I do it when we play them esp when we beat that ass.

I don't care if others do it.
trouble
AG
Lake08 said:

ProphAC said:

Watching in person or on TV? Because TV is always going to show the horns down.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I just roll my eyes at the stupidity when I see it and move on.
whatthehey78
AG
In the presence of whorns...'Horns down', 'gig em', 'chin swipe', 'middle finger' ALL WORK FOR ME! Screw them and the arrogant horse (or, queer steer) they rode in on.
themissinglink
AG
It was a bit cringeworthy to see the cameras focus on the few fans doing the horns down immediately after winning the game, but you got to love horn twitter trying to make it a controversy because... they were watching an A&M game.
Phone bill
The ULala player gave the thumbs down after a double. At least he was playing us though. I loved how Trayveon Williams would do 2 thumbs up after a TD. I'm in the thumbs up vs the Horns down camp. It's fine though if we are actually playing them.
fulshearAg96
AG
Do what ever the fck you want
barbacoa taco
AG
How can anyone keep defending horns down like it doesn't give off little brother energy?? We are in the CWS on the big stage and got a big win against the 2 seed, yet our fans are STILL thinking about those chumps in Austin.

Keep doing it, keep giving them ammo, and keep embarrassing A&M and perpetuating the stereotype that we're the little brother.
Lake08
greg.w.h said:

Lake08 said:

Rant over
You earn your reputation as a sip troll again. Try to get a buttstickectomy. Fans hating on each other is just part of being fanatic.

Care to make a bet? Name the amount. I can meet you anywhere and show you my diploma and ring. Bring cash
Deus Vult
Lake08 said:

Rant over
Did you happen to notice 99% of the ones they showed on TV were about 12-14 years old? Take your rant to the old man yelling at the clouds board.
fav13andac1)c
AG
TexAg1987 said:

I hear this argument all the time. We have a war hymn, and we have a hand sign. Two different things that both enforce our brand. Horns down only enforces theirs. Why not just do the gig 'em? Don't even give them the satisfaction.
barbacoa taco
AG
TexAg1987 said:

eh. if we're playing them it's one thing. but there's no way to make it look good when we're playing someone else, let alone in the postseason.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.