*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

381,667 Views | 3926 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by frankie00
Dale Gribble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

Why didn't the sips have to tag up on the winning run? I was watching on my phone and distracted. It was a liner to the glove wasn't it?
Is that a special softball thing?

The ball bounced right in front of home plate.
Boozer92
AG
6:30 tomorrow
Sharpshooter
AG
Boozer92 said:

6:30 tomorrow
Dang, past my bedtime.
bdp514am
I think tying it up was actually pretty big for the game tomorrow from a mental standpoint.
Sharpshooter
AG
bdp514am said:

I think trying it up was actually pretty big for the game tomorrow from a mental standpoint.
Is "trying it up" a thing?
bdp514am
No but tying it up and my poor typing skills on my phone both are
Mark Fairchild
AG
Maybe you should go back and look at the top of the 6th. Everything pretty much imploded. Have a nice evening.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Sea Pony 07
AG
They'll get them tomorrow
Sharpshooter
AG
bdp514am said:

No but tying it up and my poor typing skills on my phone both are
I knew what you meant. Just engaging levity till we kick tsip butt tomorrow.
LB12Diamond
AG
And if 3rd takes the easy play at 1st it would have been the second out. Just 5-2. No emotional play at home that gets the crowd into the game.

You have a nice evening as well.
Temple Ag
AG
I'm looking for 2 tics for Sunday!!

(I know no chance, but I may as well try!)
GigEmADED
Temple Ag said:

I'm looking for 2 tics for Sunday!!

(I know no chance, but I may as well try!)
check ticket exchange board
StinkyPinky
AG
Tomorrow. We got this. Suck it sips
bdp514am
The thing about it is, we have shown we can hit their pitching. Actually hitting against them better than most teams they have played. Gives me hope for tomorrow and I'm old enough to have a chronic case of BAS. I'm going to pour a scotch, get a good night of sleep and expect the best tomorrow
TexasRebel
AG
It just sucks when your batters start with an 0-2 count and aren't aware.
Sharpshooter
AG
Win or lose tomorrow, we got this. We are still Ags.
bdp514am
Always a good thing.
90ags
Such a missed opportunity today and should have never let them back in it after being up 5-1 late in the game…sips pitching is deeper and better and they'll have the momentum going into tomorrow.

Hopefully the ladies beat the hell outta em tomorrow!!
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
bdp514am
formula is simple. Jump on them early and make them feel the pressure
TexasRebel
AG
bdp514am said:

formula is simple. Jump on them early and make them feel the pressure

Swing at anything between Lubbock, Houston, the Earth's mantle, and the ionosphere.
Astroag
AG
90ags said:

Such a missed opportunity today and should have never let them back in it after being up 5-1 late in the game…sips pitching is deeper and better and they'll have the momentum going into tomorrow.

Hopefully the ladies beat the hell outta em tomorrow!!

I'm with you…feels like we really needed to close out tonight but the data is wildly in our favor so let's btho tu tomorrow
LB12Diamond
AG
Both teams made mistakes today. Definitely can tell they are pressing at time on both sides. Since we lost it makes us more frustrated. Let's get the game tomorrow. We are hitting all their pitchers.

During Maya's last at bat. That second strike call was so bad. The look on her face was priceless. She looked at blue like, are you kidding me. Glad she got on base.
dixichkn
AG
Muy said:

gunan01 said:

This dumbazz announcer just said "Texas trashes the A&M pitching" lol

Talk about showing who you're rooting for. Two terrible fielding decisions led to several of the runs.

That was unprofessional as all get out.
Actually it was quite "professional". This is ESiPN. You don't kiss tsip ass, you don't keep your job very long.

Y'all new to this college sports thing?
Stone44
AG
We are getting there. You have to have more than one pitcher to compete at this level. Go out and buy one . Kennedy is a horse but we need another one.
Sharpshooter
AG
Stone44 said:

We are getting there. You have to have more than one pitcher to compete at this level. Go out and buy one . Kennedy is a horse but we need another one.
While I agree, Softball can survive one one and a half arms. I am holding out faith.
bdp514am
Well we did it with Megan, but she was kinda special.
LB12Diamond
AG
Look how much Emily improved this past year with Ford coaching her. She get these other pitchers going better to help Emily out.
Bring n WOOD
AG
Errors cost us this game…
Belton Ag
AG
Stone44 said:

We came really close last year to landing a huge fish out of the transfer portal but a certain team snatched her away in the end. Who knows how this season goes had she come to A&M. We're probably OKC bound.
bdp514am
Both mental and physical
Boozer92
AG
Even with the mistakes made today.

Overall A&M has looked the better team this weekend.

Doesn't matter who was better over the course of the season. If A&M can keep their focus on the moment and not the outcome they will win the series.

Texas is clearly focused on the outcome and living up to their seeding. Mike White sees it. Everyone with some game knowledge sees it. That can make winning difficult.

I think winning the series crept into A&M heads for an inning. It was costly. Just get a one focusing small. One pitch at a time and the good guys will take the game tomorrow.
Sharpshooter
AG
Boozer92 said:

Even with the mistakes made today.

Overall A&M has looked the better team this weekend.

Doesn't matter who was better over the course of the season. If A&M can keep their focus on the moment and not the outcome they will win the series.

Texas is clearly focused on the outcome and living up to their seeding. Mike White sees it. Everyone with some game knowledge sees it. That can make winning difficult.

I think winning the series crept into A&M heads for an inning. It was costly. Just get a one focusing small. One pitch at a time and the good guys will take the game tomorrow.
Well said.
Bryanisbest
AG
What has Vestal got? Looks like no arm speed throwing meat up there slow and easy. Same speed every pitch. No fastball. The first inning she pitched Texas couldn't hit her they were so used to hard throwing Emily. . Next time up they really started taking it to her.
bdp514am
I thought it was a mistake to send her back out, and a huge mistake to leave her in after the first batter reached base
Boozer92
AG
Bryanisbest said:

What has Vestal got? Looks like no arm speed throwing meat up there slow and easy. Same speed every pitch. No fastball. The first inning she pitched Texas couldn't hit her they were so used to hard throwing Emily. . Next time up they really started taking it to her.

Vestal has an OK fastball but her game is a junk ball pitcher. She throws heavy spins. She can be hard to square up. When she struggles it is because she walks too many hitters. When she is on she can be a hand full. Mostly a one time through the order pitcher even at her best. Getting through the 6 with her and bringing back a refreshed Kennedy was clearly the plan. Get the 2nd out with a 3 run lead and the plan likely works.

That didn't happen and the plan went sideways
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.