astros trade dotel

6,648 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieBill005
Euphemistic Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The lineup should have Bags leading off and Bidge batting second. We have no speed (outside of Beltran who is not going to leadoff), so why pretend? Just get high OB% guys up there in front of Beltran, Berkman, and Kent. Bag gets on base a ton still so this move would really suit him extremely well. Bidge used to bat #2 and can bunt.

Bags
Bidge
Berkman
Kent
Beltran
Ensberg
Everett
Ausmus

I like having Beltran bat 5th, because we will be more likely to have him steal with Ensberg and Everett behind him instead of Berkman and Kent.

[This message has been edited by Euphemistic Ag (edited 6/26/2004 2:40p).]
jackie childs
now that i've gotten to see beltran play in his first series, i've decided that the astros really need to make an effort to keep this guy. i'm not talking about an effort like they made for randy johnson, i mean a legit effort. this guy has all the tools and having he and berkman in an astros' uniform would be a great way to close out the bagwell/biggio era in houston baseball.
WoMD
if kent does not return (would be bad if he doesn't), it would allow for flexibility that adds to the money saved from hidalgo's expulsion. what would it be, like 9 mil? plus somewhere around 12 mil from hidalgo? if we lose kent, we NEED beltran. without beltran our offense would be one man--berkman. bagwell can't do it anymore and biggio can't physically keep this up. beltran would continue our offensively strong team for years to come and with those two switch hitters this team could be built into contenders every year. we need this guy.
astros4545
AG
Im not sure Beltran will be enough to get us over the hump this year.

After he gets some more experience in like 13 years, I think we can do it.

Also, I've been watching a HSchooler in the Dallas Area, named Casey Kershaw. Something like that, not sure if he's related to Sammy Kershaw, but it would be pretty cool if the Astros could face him in the World Series one day. I think it would be an all time classic
Goose06
AG
What happened to AgRyan04? That guy used to be my favorite poster on this board. He had an Aggie Baseball website too if I remember correctly.
Jock 07
AG
Goose06 said:

What happened to AgRyan04? That guy used to be my favorite poster on this board. He had an Aggie Baseball website too if I remember correctly.
wasn't he of the rally rooster guys?
AggieBill005
AG
He was one of the rally rooster guys! Really nice guy. Grilled some mean chicken.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.