*****Aggies v. Stanford - Stanford Regional - Monday - Championship Game*****

160,729 Views | 2861 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by trouble
MagnumLoad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I get you, but not really. Swept twice. Got hot at the tournament, bout it. Oh well
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
dixichkn
AG
MagnumLoad said:

I am definitely not pulling for those west coast smart acorns.
Your post and your sig. They don't jibe.
dixichkn
AG
I'm devastated that this is over. I mean, it definitely could have gone worse (looking at you, Auburn). But there was a lot of hope coming into this season, it's been years since I was so pumped up about a season as I was starting this one. And it just never materialized. Hell of a run at the end to even make it this far. But still leaves you feeling pretty empty. 180 degree turn from the end of last year.

We've got a lot of work to do. But I believe we've got the guy to do it.

See y'all over on the elimination thread next weekend. Hopefully to gong the F out of sip and swamp kitty
Hornbeck
It was a good season. Entertaining and exciting. I'm sure folks will complain about the coach, but he's 2 for 2 in taking the Ags to the post season. Hopefully we get some pitchers in the offseason.
Switching to Astros / Bombers mode for the rest of the summer.
MagnumLoad
dixichkn said:

MagnumLoad said:

I am definitely not pulling for those west coast smart acorns.
Your post and your sig. They don't jibe.

I know. I just hate those Stanford toilet logs right now. I won't be able to pull for the sips, but once Stanford dispatches them, I will pull against Stanford and for SEC teams.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
dixichkn
AG
I'm just sitting here imagining sips traveling to their Mecca, that close to SF.

Holy sh**……..open air drug use and dildoes for everybody! It'll be a liberal Shangri-La!

I know, I know. Take it to F16
YellowPot_97
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Schloss is and will be the goat. A national championship is coming. We need to get this man a cathedral of a baseball stadium and facility built. No cutting corners (looking at you Bjork. Don't indoor tennis facility this job smh).

I thought it was shot down. Are new facilities and capex on the horizon?
45-70Ag
AG
dixichkn said:

I'm just sitting here imagining sips traveling to their Mecca, that close to SF.

Holy sh**……..open air drug use and dildoes for everybody! It'll be a liberal Shangri-La!

I know, I know. Take it to F16

Keep going, you just used Shangri-La and dildo in the same sentence.
Bondag
AG
I am struggling this morning.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Same.
trouble
AG
It's a rough one.
JMac03
AG
The struggle is real today for sure.
RED AG 98
AG
Heart hurts. Head hurts. And literal body aches because of a day spent helping someone move...
Wabs
AG
The worst day of the year when it comes to Aggie baseball. The day after. It sucks.
Agdad081216
I had to get up at 4:50 to leave home yesterday and today. It was rough. Walked in the house at 8 last night to get to watch my Favorite team run out of outs. Too bad we did get 30/33 outs. Might have been different. I love these guys. They definitely have heart and will do awesomely in life.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
MarathonAg12
I'm not upset.

We've been playing with house money for a long time

We will be better next year
TempleAg97
AG
trouble said:

It's a rough one.

It's the absolute worst day each year. I made myself watch the postgame press conference last night and keep thinking about Bost getting choked up and Schloss putting his arm on Bost's back.

But already looking forward to opening day. Hope will spring eternal. And with Schloss at the helm, it's going to always be legitimate hope.

trouble
AG
I didn't even watch that. I lost it when they showed Hammer trying to hold it together in the dugout.

My littles are bummed about it being over but already asked me when opening day is.
TempleAg97
AG
trouble said:

I didn't even watch that. I lost it when they showed Hammer trying to hold it together in the dugout.

My littles are bummed about it being over but already asked me when opening day is.

Enjoy those littles. I know you do. My "littles" are now super bigs, both engineering majors at A&M and love Aggie baseball with all their heart. The oldest is a senior, 6 ft 6, 250, and the youngest just finished his sophomore year, 6 fit 5, 210.

When I looked up a couple seconds after the final out, they were both standing next to me waiting to give me a big hug.
trouble
AG
My big texts me during games. Well, when he's not being a turd on the game thread.

As optimistic as we all are, all 3 of us knew it was over in the 9th. We spent the last 3 outs on the floor with both of them sitting on my lap.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Austin choking up made me cry. These boys left it all on the field. I'm staying an extra day in Louisville because I didn't feel like packing after the game.

We knew it was over here, too but we're still trying to be optimistic for the team
histag10
AG
trouble said:

It's a rough one.

You know what is rough? My new half brothers love baseball. And they love tu. And so they are group tecting me about last night, and it's ripping my heart out lol.

Apparently the winner of the Stanford super regional will likely decide the directors cup?
Stone Cold
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

Austin choking up made me cry. These boys left it all on the field. I'm staying an extra day in Louisville because I didn't feel like packing after the game.

We knew it was over here, too but we're still trying to be optimistic for the team
That was tough to listen to. I'm speaking to myself just as much as anyone because I am 100% guilty of being too critical of players and coaches at times. But sometimes we forget just how much time, effort and passion these kids put into this game that we get to sit back and enjoy watching. In the end, they are just kids...18, 19, 20 year old kids. And this is just a game.

tjack16
AG
I think the only thing in hindsight that could have helped was moving Jace to the 3 hole

He came up 4 times to lead off an inning last night and had 3 hits. If he's coming up with men on base and has 3 hits, the game feels a lot different. Regardless, Stanford was just better and I hope they go on to crush Texas
Hornbeck
trouble said:

There's always the fall scrimmages to fill in some time
trouble
AG
You know we'll be there! And they like football, they just aren't obsessed like they are with baseball

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.