2023 NCAA Regional Scoreboard (6/2 - 6/5)

46,049 Views | 669 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by RED AG 98
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would rather rather take care of business in the regular season and wrap up a host and national seed before Hoover in the future. And then go there and play stressfree ball knowing a Regional at Olsen is a few days away.

We didn't do that this year, not by a long stretch. But I think more than Hoover catching up with us, it was statistics. We played an inconsistent brand of ball this year and it's just tough to win like that. The irony of it all is that we finally got a great start tonight! The two games we won we had 2 2/3 combined IP by starters and 6 errors. Baseball is a fickle mistress, and it be like that sometimes.
twk
AG
RED AG 98 said:

I would rather rather take care of business in the regular season and wrap up a host and national seed before Hoover in the future. And then go there and play stressfree ball knowing a Regional at Olsen is a few days away.

We didn't do that this year, not by a long stretch. But I think more than Hoover catching up with us, it was statistics. We played an inconsistent brand of ball this year and it's just tough to win like that. The irony of it all is that we finally got a great start tonight! The two games we won we had 2 2/3 combined IP by starters and 6 errors. Baseball is a fickle mistress, and it be like that sometimes.
Agree. The Stanford regional was a pretty fair snapshot of this team all season. A good team, but with major flaws. Starting pitching was, on average, not very good, and the hitting came and went.
RED AG 98
AG
Wow, USM hosting over the Vols! Completely shocked at this one.

AgEng06
AG
If I recall, USM was almost a regional host anyway, so I think that put their resume over the Vols.
RED AG 98
AG
USM checks in at #10 on attendance this year, just a couple hundred folks behind #9 Ags. Vols were nearly a 1000 per game fewer. Well done Hattiesburg.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.