We are this year's Ole Miss

3,528 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by McInnis
SABUILDERAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Book It!

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. If our LHP's keep dealing, and we can get a couple m
ore bats to heat up, look out.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Were we one of the last four in?
CrawlingNo5
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Absolutely
WallyWonka
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

Book It!

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. If our LHP's keep dealing, and we can get a couple m
ore bats to heat up, look out.

No!!! No!!! No!!! No!!!

We want to be LAST YEAR'S ol miss!!!!!
agforlife97
AG
Hope so. Stanford is tough for sure, but it's overall not the worst draw in the world. If we pitch like we did last weekend, we have a shot.
jkag89
CrawlingNo5 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Absolutely
Um no. We would not have been a 2 Seed if that were the case.
trouble
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Absolutely

Not even close
Hart-J hall
The moment never fails, we are "last year's champion"
SABUILDERAG
My point is that we have all the pieces and it is coming together at the right time to be the team that nobody expects to be in Omaha or to make noise. Thanks to all the wet blankets here for their technical critiques.

Against my better judgement, I am optimistic about what this team is capable of, even though it says Texas Aggies on their uniforms.
WallyWonka
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

My point is that we have all the pieces and it is coming together at the right time to be the team that nobody expects to be in Omaha or to make noise. Thanks to all the wet blankets here for their technical critiques.

Against my better judgement, I am optimistic about what this team is capable of, even though it says Texas Aggies on their uniforms.

I was just poking the bear. I knew what you're trying to convey.

I hoping the same thing.
annie88
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Absolutely

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
el_guapo
I would rather us be last year's ole miss than this year's
SpiderDude
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Explain the 2 seed then...
dabo man
AG
Ole Miss laid an egg at the conference tournament and barely got into regionals.

We are 2023's Texas Aggies.
Aggieair
SpiderDude said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Explain the 2 seed then...

It means we weren't one of the last 4 in.
Captn_Ag05
AG
We were one of the last four SEC teams in. Maybe that's what they meant.
Stone44
AG
We got an excellent draw, almost the best possible. If our pitching continues to improve we will be in the supers with no possible SEC opposition. We could get the opportunity to eliminate the sips from the CWS. Can't get much better than this.
jgriffith73
AG
We saw the capabilities of this team this past week when we play ball. We also saw on Sunday that we tend to run out of pitchers when stretched too far, and we also are not quite what we would like in terms of clutch hitting. However, despite the warts and with a little luck, this team could absolutely be a CWS team, and even take the NC. When a team gets momentum and start the positive thinking they can often perform well beyond expectations. I assume the Vandy game did not set us back as we played even until the end of the game. We beat three Top 7 teams and lost to the number 4 team in the country. If we play at that level we should be able to make our way through the regional and super-regional and on to the CWS.

We are now No. 25 in the country according to D1 Baseball and No. 29 in RPI.
frenchtoast
I don't want to be any year's ole miss.
BoerneGator
AG
Err body "runs outa pitchers when they get stretched too far"!
A-A Ron
I don't want to be connected with ole miss in any way, they have the 3 douchiest coaches for the major 3 men's sports:
Football: Lane Kiffin
Basketball: Chris Beard
Baseball: Mike Bianco
HoustonAg2106
AG
A-A Ron said:

I don't want to be connected with ole miss in any way, they have the 3 douchiest coaches for the major 3 men's sports:
Football: Lane Kiffin
Basketball: Chris Beard
Baseball: Mike Bianco

That's pretty fratty
HTownAg98
This seems like a series we can easily win IF we take the first two games and get it done in three. Having to win five to advance seems nearly impossible.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
We posted the same SEC regular season record of 14-16 as Ole Miss did last year. In the SEC tournament, Ole Miss was 9th seed, and we were 10th seed. Ole Miss lost to Vanderbilt 3-1 in their only SEC tournament. In contrast, we beat 4 higher seeded teams 4 higher seeded teams in the SEC tournament: 3-0 win over No. 7 Tennessee, 5-0 win over No. 6 South Carolina, 5-4 win over No. 3 LSU, and a 5-4 win over No. 2 Arkansas to reach the championship game.

Stanford is the 8th and final national seed. Hopefully, we can win the Palo Alto Regional.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2023-ncaa-baseball-tournament-bracket-college-world-series-schedule-dates-regional-matchups/
McInnis
AG
HTownAg98 said:

This seems like a series we can easily win IF we take the first two games and get it done in three. Having to win five to advance seems nearly impossible.

Is it? The Aggies just won 3 of their first 4 games against competition that is tougher than what they'll see on n Palo Alto.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.