5/29 NCAA Selection Show

49,215 Views | 522 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by swimmerbabe11
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charlie 31 said:

For the first time since 1999 there is no NCAA college baseball regional host in the State of Texas.

I don't know who your source was but A&M, Baylor Houston and Rice all hosted in '99.
TAMU1990
AG
KT 90 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

8 of the 16 regional hosts are SEC schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.

And we sent 10!!

What is the record for most teams from one conference?

I think this was it - 8
stoneca
My prediction on the host's seeds. Thoughts?

1. Wake Forest 16. Indiana State
2. Florida 15. Kentucky
3. Hogs 14. Oklahoma State
4. Clemson 13. South Carolina
5. Vandy. 12. Auburn
6. LSU. 11. Alabama
7. Stanford 10. Coastal Carolina
8. Virginia 9. Miami
jkag89
List of Automatic Qualifiers by Conference (Last season they made the Tournament)
America East - Maine (2011)
American Athletic - Tulane (2016)
ACC - Clemson (2019)
Atlantic 10 - George Mason (2014)
Atlantic Sun - Lipscomb (2015)
BDF - TCU (2022)
Big East - Xavier (2017)
Big South - Campbell (2022)
B1G - Maryland (2022)
Big West*- Fullerton (2018) Champion UC San Diego is ineligible
Colonial Athletic - North Carolina-Wilmington (2019)
C-USA - Charlotte (2021)
Horizon League - Wright St. (2022)
Ivy League - Penn (1995)
Metro Atlantic - Rider (2021)
Mid-American - Ball St. (2006)
Missouri Valley - Indiana St. (2021)
Mountain West - San Jose St. (2002)
Northeast - Central Connecticut (2021)
Ohio Valley - Eastern Illinois (2008)
Pac-12 - Oregon (2022)
Patriot League - West Point (2022)
SEC - Vanderbilt (2022)
Southern - Samford (2021)
Southland - Nicholls St. (1998)
Sun Belt - Southern Miss (2022)
SWAC - Florida A&M (2019)
Summit League - Oral Roberts (2022)
West Coast - Santa Clara (1997)
WAC - Sam Houston St. (2017)

* Regular Season Champion
Boozer92
AG
With no hosts within driving distance for us but DBU within driving distance to Stillwater expect a cross country trip
Sea Pony 07
AG
I don't think we will go to stillwater because that is a bus ride for DBU and a flight for us. Though realistically by the time we go to Houston or Austin (the ncaa doesn't do charters, right?) Go through security and check in, fly to Oklahoma city and drive, or fly to Dallas then to stillwater it would be faster to drive.
Charlie 31
AG
jkag89 said:

Charlie 31 said:

For the first time since 1999 there is no NCAA college baseball regional host in the State of Texas.

I don't know who your source was but A&M, Baylor Houston and Rice all hosted in '99.
The BDF Championship game announcers shared this factoid so it has to be true...
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

I don't think we will go to stillwater because that is a bus ride for DBU and a flight for us. Though realistically by the time we go to Houston or Austin (the ncaa doesn't do charters, right?) Go through security and check in, fly to Oklahoma city and drive, or fly to Dallas then to stillwater it would be faster to drive.

Sea Pony, shoot your shot, where the Ags headed?
-Ben There/R.C.
themissinglink
AG
DBU is driving distance to both Stillwater and Fayetteville. I could see them being sent to Fayetteville which opens up Stillwater for us (or anyone else they want to fly in).

EDIT: forgot about TCU. TCU they are driving distance to Fayetteville so probably makes sense to send TCU to Fayetteville and DBU to Stillwater.
AggieNattie
I would like to be in the Stillwater or Coastal Carolina regional.
91AggieLawyer
AG
jkag89 said:

Charlie 31 said:

Close. Rice was the top seed at Lubbock that year. Still in Texas if you want to think of it that way. They were paired up against Cougar High's regional and played the Super in the Dome because ULaLa won the actual Houston regional.
TheCurl84
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

aginlakeway said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

I bet Aggies go to Palo Alto. Book it

Where can we book it?

Just saying… I foresaw destiny back when we played raider rash at Minute Maid. I foresaw 16 innings and sure enough, we won in 16 innings

Who do you see harvesting more ballets in 2024?
Wicked Good Ag
I think you need a viable #2 seed in Palo Alto

None of the West Coast teams are honestly a 2

Santa Clara
San Jose St
Cal Fullerton

Irvine likely out

Other West Coast teams are in the Pac 12
W
AG
doing a quick check...

in the new format...the longhorns have never been sent to an SEC regional

their road regionals have been to: Arizona State, Stanford, Long Beach (2017), Dallas (2015), and Houston (2008, 2014)

-----

TCU is the Big 12 team that gets sacrificed to the SEC.

Frogs went to Arkansas in 2019 and of course College Station last year

TexasAggie81
Indiana State should not be a top-16 seed.

Losses to:

Iowa
Miami
Northeastern (3 times)
Kentucky (3 times)
Michigan State (twice)
Indiana
UIC
Evansville 3 times)
Murray State
No conference tourney championship.

I don't get it. What's the fixation with this baseball program. No one has explained it. Can any of you LOGICALLY explain this?

Boozer92
AG
Stanford likely draws tu

I see us at Coastal or Wake.

Indiana St would be the dream scenario for whatever 2 seed goes there as they likely get 2 4 seeds because of location.

PhatMack19
AG

themissinglink
AG
Agreed. Only reason is because they tweaked the RPI system to try to reward northern teams that play on the road a lot. The RPI system rewards teams who play away from home. Indiana State played a lot of away games.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I think Coastal or Indiana. I want Indiana though because it's only a 3 hour drive. I think Coastal is most likely.

In my ideal world they'd be at Kentucky because we already beat them and it's only an hour from me.
stoneca
I would take that in a heartbeat.
BQ_90
AG
I'll take that
W
AG
athletic director on the selection committee

the ultimate metric so to speak
W
AG
it would be awesome for the Ags to be in the 7 vs. 10 pairing
DownOnWashington
OkState Alum here: hoping you Aggies get a chance to come to Stillwater. American Airlines has direct flights from Dallas.

O'Brate is our new $60million stadium that serves beer and is gorgeous. Usually they'll have a Red Dirt Country band playing (like Cross Canadian, Red Dirt Rangers, or Damn Quails) that's local across the street from Eskimo Joes.

It's a true college town with southern hospitality unlike Lubbock, streets close off and you can walk around campus, restaurants, and bars. The Strip is on Washington St.

Hotels look on highway 51, not sure if you've all been to Oxford/Ole Miss before…but that stretch of small highway is similar coming into town except ours has civilization on it (hotels, restaurants, etc.).

Very excited about the possibility of hosting Aggies. Lots of us are from Texas that grew up hating Texas & OU, but liked the college town bubble in Stillwater similar to y'all (field parties, back roading, etc).

Went to Northgate a few times back in 2010-2011, had a lot of fun there. We hate Texas and OU just as well, and we're both "Aggies". We'll have the beer waiting.
W
AG
I'm curious if the selection committee shows RPI mercy to the west coast bubble teams like:

#49 Irvine
#52 Arizona State
#53 Southern Cal
#56 UCSB

and some or all get into the field ahead of OU, Kansas State, Troy, Iowa, NCState, etc..,
Ag 11
AG
Down on Washington, dancin like the devil…

I'd be up for going to Stillwater
EFE
AG
DownOnWashington said:

OkState Alum here: hoping you Aggies get a chance to come to Stillwater. American Airlines has direct flights from Dallas.

O'Brate is our new $60million stadium that serves beer and is gorgeous. Usually they'll have a Red Dirt Country band playing (like Cross Canadian, Red Dirt Rangers, or Damn Quails) that's local across the street from Eskimo Joes.

It's a true college town with southern hospitality unlike Lubbock, streets close off and you can walk around campus, restaurants, and bars. The Strip is on Washington St.

Hotels look on highway 51, not sure if you've all been to Oxford/Ole Miss before…but that stretch of small highway is similar coming into town except ours has civilization on it (hotels, restaurants, etc.).

Very excited about the possibility of hosting Aggies. Lots of us are from Texas that grew up hating Texas & OU, but liked the college town bubble in Stillwater similar to y'all (field parties, back roading, etc).

Went to Northgate a few times back in 2010-2011, had a lot of fun there. We hate Texas and OU just as well, and we're both "Aggies". We'll have the beer waiting.

Be careful to not trip over the bar you've set for yourself
DownOnWashington
We impressed Arkansas last year, not sure how hard that is to do though.

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-baseball/oklahoma-state-cowboys-arkansas-razorbacks-texas-longhorns-sec
TexasAggie81
W said:

athletic director on the selection committee

the ultimate metric so to speak

Thanks for the heads-up. Now I get it.
Wicked Good Ag
D1 has us at OSU and DBU to Arkansas

DBU was major host consideration anf to ghave to go to a likely top 4 seed overall seems harsh

Watching the podcast for D1 it seems the whim of movement wasnt thought based upon driveable but rather shorter flights

W
AG
DBU went to Arkansas in 2018 as the 3-seed

Southern Miss is out there as a potential 2-seed -- probably to Alabama or Auburn
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
So basically tomorrow's show is for ratings and Stillwater or Charlottesville are 95% a lock for us?
-Ben There/R.C.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

D1 has us at OSU and DBU to Arkansas

DBU was major host consideration anf to ghave to go to a likely top 4 seed overall seems harsh

Watching the podcast for D1 it seems the whim of movement wasnt thought based upon driveable but rather shorter flights

I can see DBU at OkSt, t.u. at Stanford, and us at Clemson. I think we'll end up somewhere squared up against an SEC host for the Super.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
Phat… those projections won't happen… those projections could have 8 SEC schools in Omaha… they wont allow that.
aggiedaddie
W said:

Dallas Baptist skipped

Boston College skipped
Even if DBU had a stronger resume, they don't have the facilities to host a regional unless all the other teams are from very small schools. Nice field, comfortable stadium, but small.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.