How Schlossnagle feels about the veterans on the team.

2,537 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Goose06
Hearne_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How coach feels about the veterans currently in a "slump".

11:00 - 12:06
12thMan9
AG
Stupid response. It appears he can't see that Werner doesn't know what a strike is and that Targac can't hit a good pitch or a bad pitch.
Ronnie '88
CAR96
AG
It's not a stupid response. It's a tough game. If those players are not trying or working hard in practice and preparation...then that is another issue.

What some of us are frustrated with is the end result...because that is what all of us are exposed to. There is more to the story that most of us do not get to see.

I am going to trust the coach that has been in the trenches.
Hearne_Ag
AG
I just don't see anybody on the bench that has the same power Werner and Targac have. Kent, Tracy and Tucker have all been inconsistent and are not power hitters from what I have seen so far.
McInnis
AG
12thMan9 said:

Stupid response. It appears he can't see that Werner doesn't know what a strike is and that Targac can't hit a good pitch or a bad pitch.
Wow. Do you really think Schloss can't see these guys are in slumps?
12thMan9
AG
McInnis said:

12thMan9 said:

Wow. Do you really think Schloss can't see these guys are in slumps?

Both are striking out 40% of the time. Are you telling me Coach has his eyes closed when they're at the plate?
Ronnie '88
Biggame12
AG
I want that hat!!
jja79
AG
Hearne_Ag said:

I just don't see anybody on the bench that has the same power Werner and Targac have. Kent, Tracy and Tucker have all been inconsistent and are not power hitters from what I have seen so far.
Tucker has 17 ABs in 25 games. Last year he hit .407 with 17 HR 90 RBI 37 SB 1 CS and hit into 0 DP in 58 games. They recruited him based on past performance. I'd like to see him get a legitimate chance.
12thMan9
AG
I guess the past performance comment didn't apply to JUCO kids.....
Ronnie '88
SilverTongueDevil
Targac final at bat Tuesday was very deflating. Announcers kept saying all night that Schloss was giving him benefit of doubt based on last years play. Very weak grounder to 2nd with runners on. Werner got a nice extra base hit and then ruined it with the bonehead move trying to stretch into a triple.
greg.w.h
AG
jja79 said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Tucker has 17 ABs in 25 games. Last year he hit .407 with 17 HR 90 RBI 37 SB 1 CS and hit into 0 DP in 58 games. They recruited him based on past performance. I'd like to see him get a legitimate chance.
Believing Schloss is intentionally keeping Tucker on the bench is an accusation you should say to his face not here.
HoustonAg2106
AG
greg.w.h said:

jja79 said:

Hearne_Ag said:

Believing Schloss is intentionally keeping Tucker on the bench is an accusation you should say to his face not here.

First of all some of us don't have the opportunity to say anything to coach's face.

Secondly, he's obviously intentionally keeping him on the bench, he's not accidentally doing it.

And thirdly, I concur that Tucker needs to get more playing time, he's proven he can make things happen
jja79
AG
He intentionally didn't write his name in the lineup again.
greg.w.h
AG
jja79 said:

Garbage take.
TxAg76
AG
jja79 said:

Let's compare baseball resumes.
And if yours can top Schloss, I'll listen.

Otherwise, you're just another dewsh that's complaining about something you don't fully understand
jja79
AG
Actually I just pointed out earlier that Tucker was recruited off a pretty solid resume'. Do you disagree that Coach fills out the lineup card and with intent writes in the names of the players that play? You're way overreacting.
Goose06
AG
Look I agree i would have benched Targac and Thompson and Tucker and Kent would have been my replacements. That being said, Targac and Thompson have gone 3-5 with a run and an RBI tonight. For all we know Tucker shows up late to every practice or talks back every time coach gives him instruction. I'm not saying that's true or even a rumor, just saying we have zero clue what happens outside the games and that all plays into the decision of who plays and who sits.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.