*****Aggies @ Tennessee - Sunday*****

30,149 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Serious Lee
two93ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Garcia
Sterling82
Cortez refusing to compete. On the flip side, who calls 3 straight breaking balls, none even close to the strike zone. I presume it's Yeskie and it makes me wonder if he's paying attention to what's going on.
bdp514am
rathAG05 said:

We just aren't a very good baseball team right now.
I think last year there was a lot of trust on this team. Pitchers knew if they made a mistake the bats would pick them up. Hitters knew if they struggled, pitching would keep them in the ballgame. With neither facet of the game functioning all that well this year I think everyone tends to press. Pitchers try to be too fine and end up walking people or making a mistake, batters press at the plate. It's just all snowballed into a cluster****
TempleAg97
AG
Aggies2009 said:

TempleAg97 said:

Aggies2009 said:

TempleAg97 said:

Schloss is going to ride or die with veterans like Targac and Thompson. And right now, it's a slow death.
We trot them out over and over and it gets extremely frustrating to watch them leave multiple runners on base over and over. I guess Schloss sees them in practice and trusts them for a reason.

He knows what they are capable of. Thompson was the postseason MVP and Targac was huge. This year, they are pretty much automatic outs.
Yep. And Bost hit like .350 last season. They can all hit the baseball. But how long before you at least TRY something else?

Amen!! I would have LOVED to see Tucker get a chance there and Targac sit all weekend.
trouble
AG
Burke
Single, RBI

Bot 6
1 out

Ags 3
Rocky bottom 7
Bondag
AG
Need to hold it here.
mwm
It's getting awfully late…
trouble
AG
Taylor
4-6-3

End 6

Ags 3
Rocky bottom 7
Bondag
AG
Let's bat around.
trouble
AG
We've got 9 more outs
jkag89
bdp514am said:

rathAG05 said:

We just aren't a very good baseball team right now.
I think last year there was a lot of trust on this team. Pitchers knew if they made a mistake the bats would pick them up. Hitters knew if they struggled, pitching would keep them in the ballgame. With neither facet of the game functioning all that well this year I think everyone tends to press. Pitchers try to be too fine and end, batters press at the plate. It's just all snowballed into a cluster****
Agree. Pitching last season was inconsistent all year. We won ugly a lot last season.

Nice DP.

Get some runs now Ags! Bubbles please!
RED AG 98
AG
Nice having a big ol' 6' 5" frame over at first
HillCountry15
Hi
&ct=g
trouble
AG
Pitching change

Zechrist, LHP
aggiegrad03
AG
Ok, I'm focused now. Let's go boys!
jkag89
Dime
trouble
AG
Sonic
F7

Top 7
1 out

Ags 3
Rocky bottom 7
trouble
AG
Pitching change

Russell, RHP
Hungry Ojos
Didn't this team that is annihilating us get swept last week by Mizzou? Geez.
TyHolden
AG
this weekend if tu wins later today in basketball....

trouble
AG
Haastile
6-3

Top 7
2 out

Ags 3
Rocky bottom 7
trouble
AG
Pitching change

Fitzgibbons, LHP
bdp514am
Sterling82 said:

Cortez refusing to compete. On the flip side, who calls 3 straight breaking balls, none even close to the strike zone. I presume it's Yeskie and it makes me wonder if he's paying attention to what's going on.
I assume the pitches are called from the dugout. But I do wonder how much of a difference having Claunch behind the plate made for our staff last year. I think having a guy like that behind the plate has to boost a pitcher's confidence.
Bondag
AG
Do they know it's a 9 inning game?
trouble
AG
He doesn't care. I'm hoping this cute bull**** bites him in the ass
Bondag
AG
Framed
JDay
Two very generous strike calls on Moss.
Floorguy
Tennessee is just deeper in quality pitching than the Ags. They are going to make a deep run this year. Ags will figure it out, and get in the mix by the end of the season.
trouble
AG
Professional Hitter
Strike out, throw out

Mid 7

Ags 3
Rocky bottom 7
MagnumLoad
Bad baseball team that does nothing well. It's reality. Coach is having a bad year also. Hard to watch.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
96ags
AG
Moss's effort on that K exemplifies everything that is wrong with this team right now.

jkag89
Bondag said:

Do they know it's a 9 inning game?
Might not get to Haas and Moss again. Worth the risk to get the correct matchups and hard to argue with it when it works.
trouble
AG
Morris is ready to go home
Sterling82
bdp514am said:

Sterling82 said:

I assume the pitches are called from the dugout. But I do wonder how much of a difference having Claunch behind the plate made for our staff last year. I think having a guy like that behind the plate has to boost a pitcher's confidence.

Claunch was outstanding for sure but Bard looks really good to me. I'm still upset they pulled him yesterday to get a right handed bat strike out and a couple of passed balls that influenced that game.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Vitello is showing his a**. Thankful he is not running our program.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.