Stanley Tucker

3,304 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 12thMan9
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Incredibly good off the bench today. Provided the spark this team needed to light the fire. Probably wouldn't have won without his performance. Hope to see more of this young man! Gig'em Stanley!
Canyon99
Great performance today by Stan. He got us going and I hope he gets more pt now.
Expert Analysis
AG
#1 play on SC top 10
Artimus Gordon
Needs to be in the lineup in CF.

I don't know why we have that damn shift. Haas is as good a SS as I have seen in a long time at a&m. Bost is just getting in his way standing behind 2nd base. Plus Bost has no range and can't even cover the hole he leaves between where he lines up and moss at first base.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I think we will be seeing him more in the line-up
EMY92
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

I don't know why we have that damn shift. Haas is as good a SS as I have seen in a long time at a&m. Bost is just getting in his way standing behind 2nd base. Plus Bost has no range and can't even cover the hole he leaves between where he lines up and moss at first base.
Bost was the DH yesterday.
Bullpen Chias
AG
By the time we return home for Ole Miss, it will be interesting to see who is in the lineup. JT, Jace and Targac could all be sitting.
aggiegirl1970
It's crazy that Jace is still playing. Time to sit over there on the bench for him. Give some other kids a chance.
Artimus Gordon
Yes I saw that in the box score. Good place for him. I did witness the Saturday fiasco first hand.
aggie-1997
AG
Was amazing to look at the board the first time Tucker came to the plate and see a .083 (or something close to that) batting average. Then the kid delivers huge all game long. I am sure some L$U fans were wondering where he pulled out that type of performance.
phatty26
He earned more PT and we'll see if he earned the nod for tommorows mid week game.
greg.w.h
AG
EMY92 said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Bost was the DH yesterday.
Always blame the DH for fielding range. It's a LONG way from the bench to the hole at second due to the shift!!!
AgE2theBONE
AG
aggie-1997 said:

Was amazing to look at the board the first time Tucker came to the plate and see a .083 (or something close to that) batting average. Then the kid delivers huge all game long. I am sure some L$U fans were wondering where he pulled out that type of performance.

He'd only had 9 at bats when he came in. I think he was 2 for 9 on the season so he was sitting at .222

He was batting over .300 by the time game ended. (.363 I think)

This kid was the MVP of whatever Juco league he came from (in New Mexico I think?).

I really admired that he comes in a pressure situation, delivers a big hit, and then makes an outstanding play in center field to deny a coonass hit on a well hit ball.

Then in his next at bat he delivers big time.

He deserves his chance in the lineup, and although it will be a while before we know, maybe he provides the spark the guys rally around to get the bottom of the order doing damage like they did last year. We definitely need something to re-boot these guys mentally so they can deliver on their potential.

Was happy to see Moss get the dinger yesterday, into the wind, no less, but all he needs to really explode is break a run of ridiculously bad luck. I've never seen someone hammer the baseball like he has but it's either been right at somebody or we've had a haboob blowing in from the north.

The hardest hit ball all day was probably his late inning at bat that couldn't have been on a straighter line to the third baseman. His strikeout in the 8th was really unusual but the damage had been done and Johnston took care of business.
Aggies2009
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

Was happy to see Moss get the dinger yesterday, into the wind, no less, but all he needs to really explode is break a run of ridiculously bad luck. I've never seen someone hammer the baseball like he has but it's either been right at somebody or we've had a haboob blowing in from the north.

The hardest hit ball all day was probably his late inning at bat that couldn't have been on a straighter line to the third baseman. His strikeout in the 8th was really unusual but the damage had been done and Johnston took care of business.
Feel this exact same way about Moss. He's hit the ball HARD and had some tough luck. You've gotta think they're gonna start falling for him.
Gyles Marrett
Bullpen Chias said:

By the time we return home for Ole Miss, it will be interesting to see who is in the lineup. JT, Jace and Targac SHOULD all be sitting.
FIFY

This deep into the season they've been given more than enough time to try to produce. I can't see a valid argument for JT over ST, Jace over a healthy BM, or Targac over Kent or Werner. Targac can be your PH bat off the bench of get some games at DH splitting time with Bost until one of the two takes off.
aeroag14
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

Bullpen Chias said:

By the time we return home for Ole Miss, it will be interesting to see who is in the lineup. JT, Jace and Targac SHOULD all be sitting.
FIFY

This deep into the season they've been given more than enough time to try to produce. I can't see a valid argument for JT over ST, Jace over a healthy BM, or Targac over Kent or Werner. Targac can be your PH bat off the bench of get some games at DH splitting time with Bost until one of the two takes off.

Dont get me wrong, Tucker had a great game. But it was one game. Lets not throw out an entire body of work with JT in favor of Tuckers one game. And are you seriously talking about taking Bost out of the line up and "splitting time" with someone else? You realize that the 10 games leading into this weekend he was batting north of .450. Is that not "taking off" enough? He had a couple bad games, but he led the SEC in hits last season. You dont bench that.

There are certainly issues with our lineup right now. But getting Werner and Minnich back will 100% help.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Agree 100% about Bost.

Also agree about Lord Stanley. He had an impactful day, to say the least, but there's no way to know if that's who he'll be consistently.

But he certainly deserves a chance. In very limited action so far, he's hitting north of .350 and flashed some great play in the field.

Give that kid a chance to show what he can do.
LukeDuke
AG
He definitiely earned a bigger role!
aeroag14
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

Agree 100% about Bost.

Also agree about Lord Stanley. He had an impactful day, to say the least, but there's no way to know if that's who he'll be consistently.

But he certainly deserves a chance. In very limited action so far, he's hitting north of .350 and flashed some great play in the field.

Give that kid a chance to show what he can do.
100% agree
12thMan9
AG
Would like to see Tracy & Tucker in the lineup, maybe both in front of Moss.

Minnich not back til after OM series at earliest. Bost had a bad weekend but came in on fire. Either play him at 2B & try Wells or Kent at DH if Werner gets the go this weekend, the other in LF.

So:

Tracy
Tucker
Moss
Werner
Haas
Bost
Kent
Bard
Wells

Let Targac, JT, & Jace get a chance to regroup or come off the bench if needed.
Ronnie '88
ThunderFighter06
AG
Hang it in the Lourve!

Bullpen Chias
AG
12thMan9 said:

Minnich not back til after OM series at earliest. Bost had a bad weekend but came in on fire. Either play him at 2B & try Wells or Kent at DH if Werner gets the go this weekend, the other in LF.

So:

Tracy
Tucker
Moss
Werner
Haas
Bost
Kent
Bard
Wells

I wouldn't bat HH and Bost this low.
HeyAbbott
AG
Werner's career batting average is poor plus Targac is hitting poorly and leads the team in strikeouts with 26 through 20 games.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Yeah. Yesterday the crowd went wild when Werner was announced. You would have thought the announcer said "now batting...Dylan Rock"
PhatMack19
AG
aeroag14 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

Bullpen Chias said:

FIFY

Dont get me wrong, Tucker had a great game. But it was one game. Lets not throw out an entire body of work with JT in favor of Tuckers one game. And are you seriously talking about taking Bost out of the line up and "splitting time" with someone else? You realize that the 10 games leading into this weekend he was batting north of .450. Is that not "taking off" enough? He had a couple bad games, but he led the SEC in hits last season. You dont bench that.

There are certainly issues with our lineup right now. But getting Werner and Minnich back will 100% help.

Tucker has started 2 games this season. His 1st against Seattle he went 1-3 with a double and 2 runs scored. He also smoked a grand slam that just went foul.

His next start wasn't until a few weeks later against tech at Minute Maid. I've been saying he needs more AB's since his 1st start. He makes things happen which we need in a bad way.
Wabs
AG
I'd try this:

Tucker CF/RF
Haas SS
Moss 1B
Bost DH
Werner 3B
Kent 2B
Bard C
Tracy CF/RF
Wells LF
12thMan9
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

12thMan9 said:

So:

Tracy
Tucker
Moss
Werner
Haas
Bost
Kent
Bard
Wells

I wouldn't bat HH and Bost this low.
I put Werner 4 b/c of what he COULD do. It also makes it tough to pitch around him w/Haas & Bost behind him.

Tracy & Tucker at the top gives us speed, w/Tucker also adding some pop based upon his juco #'s. Not a bad problem to have if all are hitting.

But yes, you could move those 2 up & put Werner in the 6 hole.
Ronnie '88
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.