More love for Zach Jackson

3,294 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 19 yr ago by
p-townag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else notice this guy's activity when we're batting? Zach's always the first guy to congratulate someone after scoring or hitting a bomb, regardless if he's pitching that game or not. Towards the end of the Rice game on Sunday, he was also doing the "Fire it Up" arms and constantly encouraging his teammates. This guy transfers in, pitches his heart out for us, and supports the team with everything he has. Very nice to see.
wheatheart ag
I agree. Zach seems to be a great team player and always plays his heart out. Has anyone noticed how EXTREMELY focused he is before he goes out to pitch? He definitely gets in a zone!
hitch79
After each inning Jackson is usually one of the first out of the dugout to congratulation his teammates....being doing it all season.
I've had the opportunity to meet Zach and talk to him several times. He's a really polite young man, loves A&M, and is super to all the kids seeking autographs...takes time to talk to them & ask what position they play, etc.
AgRyan04
he also always seems to make sure and shake the hand of whoever threw out the first pitch at home games when he's starting....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com

[This message has been edited by AgRyan04 (edited 6/9/2004 9:36p).]
old yeller
AG
wish we had him for more than one year. He's been a great addition to the program!
Slider24
Zack is great, I have noticed all year long how he is the first one out of the dugout and always hangs around after games to talk to everyone, not to mention he is a handsome fellow, we are really going to miss him!
pivo
Zack's Mom and two cousins sat behind me Saturday when he pitched. What a wonderful lady, and family. Zack's cousins told me how he used to kick their butts in wiffleball when they were little. When he was six , he told them he was going to be a MLB player. His mom , a knockout herself, told me how much she enjoyed his time at Texas A&M. What a great addition to the Aggie Family.
aggiepanda02
quote:
His mom told me how much she enjoyed his time at Texas A&M.

She said in an article in the 12th Man Magazine earlier in the season that she could really hear in Zach's voice how much he loved playing baseball at A&M and how much of a blessing it was for him to have been at A&M this year. I have a feeling that we'll never forget how great of an addition he was to the team. You can tell he's doing what he loves, and I can't even begin to wish him enough of the best of luck in his pro career!
Ol Army B-1 03
AG
if he loves it so much here then he should stay...the money can wait a year

IDMA
AggieBaseball05
When will we know if the players have signed with the teams for sure?
AgRyan04
BaseballAmerica.com updates their draft data base frequently and will have it posted there....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseaball.com
C.O.F.
Jackson is gone, heard it from him.
AggieBaseball05
Thanks AGRYAN for that info.
COF~ I am sad to hear that because i hate to see Zach go! I am happy for him no doubt. Do you know Zach personally?
Bocephus
AG
Jackson should be gone. He will be a millionaire. I just want to thank him for coming in and having such a great year and being such a nice addition to the team.

Jackson should go now when he has all the negotiating leverage.
TXAgg05
All of you are right 100%... Zach's such a great guy. He's polite, humble and definitely loves baseball and being an Aggie. As far as staying because he loves A&M... that would be unfair to him. This is his lifelong dream and he can always return to Aggieland to finish one day. As any athlete knows, time does strange things to you over the years(injuries and such) and that you have to take advantage of the opportunities you are blessed with.

I also had noticed (some time ago) about how he acts on and off the field... always being the first to congratulate someone or to talk with the little youngsters outside the locker room following the games. He would have made a great team captain next year.

I met him though class and a project we worked on. I am very sad to see him go but know that he'll have a great time and be blessed either way. To question his decision and ask why he didn't to stay is selfish and not the Aggie thing to do. I guess a "silver lining in the clouds" is that he and Patton were both drafted by Toronto.

All I can finally say is...
Best of Luck Zach! Remember to have fun! Gig'em and God Bless! ~Linda ;0)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.