SIAP - Blue Bell Enhancements/Expansion Timeline?

2,234 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by twk
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't hate if already posted

What is the predicted timeline for BB enhancements and expansion?

Any chance it's in time for the 2024 season?

Thanks in advance
ChoppinDs40
AG
needs to happen ASAP. All seats are sold for weekend series before even going to the public.
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
I had to do some digging but it appears not completed for 24 season.

See link from November board of regents agenda page 126 of 173.

https://www.tamus.edu/regents/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2022/11/RegularAgendaBinderNov2022.pdf

Looks like it will start FY 25, which I believe starts June of 24, perhaps others can elaborate here.

No substantial completion date is indicated.

There is also a brief description of scope including:

The project will renovate several player amenities including the locker room, hitting and pitching facilities, weight room, team meeting spaces, bull-pens, and coaches' offices. Premium seating renovations will include the current club, concourses, restrooms, additional reserved seating, and additional food service areas. In addition, the scoreboard may be relocated and updates to the current fire lane will be needed to accommodate the increased stadium footprint

I have not seen any images yet, but will continue digging.

greg.w.h
AG
They seem to be leaning towards keeping OF/BBP as is and purely expanding. And Bjork's Yell and Review hinted strongly Reed will be renovated with potential major changes but not replaced.

They mentioned there is $235 million in construction currently underway, by the way…
Farmer1906
AG
greg.w.h said:

They seem to be leaning towards keeping OF/BBP as is and purely expanding. And Bjork's Yell and Review hinted strongly Reed will be renovated with potential major changes but not replaced.

They mentioned there is $235 million in construction currently underway, by the way…
"As is" as in staying in the current location? Sure.

"As is" and not changing the main structure and only adding additional OF stuff? No way. The guts of BBP need to be upgraded to keep up with the Jones's. I am mainly talking player amenities, but the club, suites, and concourse could be improved upon too.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Outfield seating needs to get added. Look at LSU, ole miss, ms state…
Captain Pablo
AG
Thanks for the replies

I do hope they add outfield seating to serve as a pressure release valve, to create more room for those of us that do not like outfield seating

greg.w.h
AG
Farmer1906 said:

greg.w.h said:

"As is" as in staying in the current location? Sure.

"As is" and not changing the main structure and only adding additional OF stuff? No way. The guts of BBP need to be upgraded to keep up with the Jones's. I am mainly talking player amenities, but the club, suites, and concourse could be improved upon too.

It isn't being turned or twisted. I'm sure the expansion will expand it. I'm fairly confident you are correct some major excavation takes place. I doubt the current infrastructure changes much though the suites in the SEZ doesn't rule it out. I think a better approach has more change.
jigsaw87
AG
I'm sure if we (fans) donate enough money we could speed up their timeline.
BQ_90
AG
If you're a TMF member donor presale stated today
dabo man
AG
About 25 years ago, A&M looked into having the tracks moved west to rural Brazos County. I forget how many miles of track would have had to be moved, but a study was done, and IIRC, it was going to cost something like $76 million. I wish that some grouping of entities would have gotten together to fund it back then.

I worked on West Campus for 11 years, and there were any number of times that our IP networking would be cut off from the rest of it world. I could see websites that I knew to be hosted on West Campus and couldn't see anything else. The networking guys always told me that the issue was caused by the wiring tunnels running under the tracks.

Far less important, not having tracks would allow for LOTS MORE SEATING in RF. Wouldn't help with the sun being in your eyes though.

And I almost forgot, putting our 2001 vintage scoreboard so close to the tracks ruined it. Oh WallyVision... One more reason I wish they'd moved the tracks back in the 90s.
BQ_90
AG
Wasn't there also a plan to have tunnel for welborn and the RR and the campus would be cover the top into on contiguous campus. But security concerns after 9/11 and massive cost killed it
dabo man
AG
I had completely forgotten about this, but you're right. I didn't remember why it died, but I do remember it (a tunnel) being proposed.
LOYAL AG
AG
Before they announced the new donation requirement they talked to Hop to gauge reaction and told him this seating/pricing was good for two years so 23-24 and that they would figure out what to do when there was new seating to deal with. That's not a quote obviously but you get the gist.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
dermdoc
AG
dabo man said:

About 25 years ago, A&M looked into having the tracks moved west to rural Brazos County. I forget how many miles of track would have had to be moved, but a study was done, and IIRC, it was going to cost something like $76 million. I wish that some grouping of entities would have gotten together to fund it back then.

I worked on West Campus for 11 years, and there were any number of times that our IP networking would be cut off from the rest of it world. I could see websites that I knew to be hosted on West Campus and couldn't see anything else. The networking guys always told me that the issue was caused by the wiring tunnels running under the tracks.

Far less important, not having tracks would allow for LOTS MORE SEATING in RF. Wouldn't help with the sun being in your eyes though.

And I almost forgot, putting our 2001 vintage scoreboard so close to the tracks ruined it. Oh WallyVision... One more reason I wish they'd moved the tracks back in the 90s.
I was on the 12th Man board during that time and there was quite a bit of momentum for moving the tracks further west.

Not only that but the idea of putting Wellborn underground in a tunnel between George Bush to near the Albritton tower.

Put a grassy park between Kyle and Olsen for tailgating and maybe more parking. And obviously more right field baseball seating.

Iirc, money was the big issue. We were not in the SEC then.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
And I hate to tell y'all this, but baseball tickets will never be cheaper than they are right now. Even with more seats.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
BQ_90 said:

Wasn't there also a plan to have tunnel for welborn and the RR and the campus would be cover the top into on contiguous campus. But security concerns after 9/11 and massive cost killed it
Correct.
standfast
Actually, with this new football complex on one side and the rec center and a newly renovated OF on the other side, a usable green area would be a perfect addition to that area.
twk
AG
dermdoc said:

dabo man said:

I was on the 12th Man board during that time and there was quite a bit of momentum for moving the tracks further west.

Not only that but the idea of putting Wellborn underground in a tunnel between George Bush to near the Albritton tower.

Put a grassy park between Kyle and Olsen for tailgating and maybe more parking. And obviously more right field baseball seating.

Iirc, money was the big issue. We were not in the SEC then.
I can't recall if it was 1989 or 1990, but this topic was in the news, so I got a copy of the proposal and did a presentation on it for my speech class. They had about 3 options, the one which probably would have been the best would have involved rerouting the tracks from a point out near Wellborn (where the old I&G right of way split from the H&TC right of way), then proceeding northwest, probably through your neighborhood, over to a point near the RELIS complex, where it would have hooked up with the tracks that run to Mumford. That proposal would have cost $38 million, if I recall. A&M would have had to fund it, and if oil had been going great guns back then, maybe it would have happened.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.