Aggie Baseball Camps?

3,868 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Quito
Quito
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We live in KC and play a lot of baseball. Thus summer I will have a 6th grader and a 4th grader who watch a lot of Aggie baseball (thanks ESPN).

We did a Bill Self KU Camp Taylor Ed toward younger boys a couple years ago. I think the Aggie baseball camps look cool and boys would love it. Any thoughts on which would be good for Fun, Good Coaching, Advanced drills/competition?

https://12thman.com/sports/2015/3/23/baseballcamp.aspx
AggieDad2025
Future Stars Overnight/Day: July 24-26

Both your boys can attend this camp together. My boy has done several camps there over the years and they are incredibly well run and organized. I would recommend the overnight option and your boys will get to stay in Callaway House across the street. It will be a highlight of their summer and well worth missing a tourney with their summer teams.
AgEng06
AG
My son is only in 1st grade, but I signed him up for the Futures day camp in July. He's stoked and can't wait.
TAM85
Future Stars Overnight would be a good option. They will stay in Callaway with the other campers. You and them can decide whether they stay in the same or different suites. Being two years apart they may not be in the same group, which is fine.

It will be hot and the days will be long. They will be exhausted by the end. If it was me, I would go out to the ball park and watch some of it from the shade.
HECUBUS
AG
Our kid did the overnight baseball camp. He had no Idea who the coach was, but Childress spent some time coaching him. Got him to write FU inside his glove and told him to make sure the batters saw it every pitch. Got a good velocity bump with that tip. They got to play on Olsen. He struck out the side and got a three RBI triple in a game drill. RC might not have had enough success for the fans, but I would want him coaching my kid. It was about as good as a baseball camp could possibly be for our kid. Very well run, not just a money grab like most. Hopefully the new regime is just as good.
third deck
AG
My son has been to several college camps. Most recently A&M and also Ole Miss. The coaches were amazing - especially coach Box and coach Earley. Ole Miss was a cool experience fresh off the National Championship. What I would say since we were also coming out of state, you can always find great/elite instruction in your local area. We have been to tournaments in Omaha and so I know there is great baseball in the KC area. However, if it is all about getting the A&M experience, then the camp is an awesome way to go.
TarponChaser
My older boy (he's 12 and in 7th grade, will be 13 in July so he's really young for his grade) has done 3 camps. Summer 2021 was a day camp due to them not getting the OK for overnights (covid BS) in time, summer 2022 was overnight (stayed in Callaway House), and then a day camp this past December. My younger boy did a "Hitting Under the Lights" camp this past December the Friday night before my older one did his Saturday/Sunday day camp.

In all of these camps they do get a lot of instruction though it can vary depending on how many kids are in each camp. And when they scrimmage the competition level can vary because there will be some high-level kids and some other kids who look like they've never played baseball before.

You can also pay a little extra for them to do video analysis/review of their hitting & pitching which we've found helpful because we shared with their coaches as stuff to work on or emphasize.

They didn't do it at the hitting camp but at the full camps they do full reviews and rate kids from a 1-5. Basically the same scale as a recruiting service where a 5 is a young Bryce Harper or Shohei Ohtani and a 1 is probably not making the HS team (depending on age).

I know both boys absolutely loved the camps with the instruction, the competition, and just the cool experience of getting to play on Olsen. Plus, and this is more important for the older boy as he approaches HS, you get a lot of instruction on the mental side and mentality the coaches want plus being told, "if you want to play at this level this is what you have to do to get here." And while it's definitely way too early since my older boy hasn't really hit puberty yet but the coaches do start recruiting kids out of these camps.
agswin1988
AG
do any colege baseball players (like freshman) go to these camps? Are they allowed to if they wanted to go soak up knowledge of these coaches?
TAM85
My guess is no.
OutdoorAg
AG
Most college players are playing summer leagues throughout the country.
Quito
AG
My boys are registered for Hitting under the lights on 29th and then Future Stars camp on 30th.

We haven't received any details about where to show, what time or what to wear?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.