SEC Baseball schedule is out

3,973 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Paul Dirac
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Edit: update

HossAg
AG
That's a rough road schedule
Aldo the Apache
AG
Jesus SEC, throw us a bone. Brutal road schedule.
trouble
AG
We might have to try to make that Arky series
AggieCrew44
AG
Starting out with Missouri and Kentucky likely needs you to be 5-1. At minimum 4-2. Otherwise it's gonna become an extremely tough road
Luke The Drifter
AG
My word, that's a tough schedule. Better have our big boy pants on from Day 1.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
rosstradamas70
AG
Going to be another fun one guys! BTHO everybody!
ross skillman 70
NorCal
Couldn't come up with a tougher SEC schedule than that. Wow.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Replacing Mizzou with Vandy might make it tougher.
NorCal
Touch
Ag 11
AG
dermdoc
AG
Anybody who wants away game info, please let me know.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MR Gadsden
That first series in Kentucky has the potential to be very cold. Brrrr.
ftworthag02
AG
Wonder what the first words out of schloss's mouth was when he first saw the road schedule
I already have a dog
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Wonder what the first words out of schloss's mouth was when he first saw the road schedule

Probably "Bring it on!"
Luke The Drifter
AG
ftworthag02 said:

"I miss playing Kansas, West Virginia, Baylor, and K-State"

Kidding. We all know he didn't say that.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
BBGigem
AG
I was thinking, "man that is one tough schedule" and then I remembered, we play in the SEC and the SEC West for that matter. It is tough every single year. It is a grind but it makes for great baseball and lots of fun.
Sea Pony 07
AG
That's going to be a tough road to hoe. I look forward to it.
Farmer1906
AG
This is probably one of the more favorable schedules we've had if we're basing it on last year's results.

The bottom 4 teams we're MSU, MU, UK, & Bama. We get them all.

We avoid Georiga & Vandy. Neither were elite, but both were pretty good.
ptothemo
AG
Just got recalled and it's going to change some weekends for a number of teams. It won't change our opponents, but it may change the order.

two93ags
AG
Booked my hotels for Kentucky and Tennessee. Should be fun!
BQ_90
AG
so for you road warriors, which series would you recommend going to????
Blindside05
AG
Any idea when the corrected schedule will come out?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Blindside05 said:

Any idea when the corrected schedule will come out?

two93ags
AG
Dammit. I liked the other one better. Glad I saw this and was able to change my bookings.
drthoop
AG
Hey @dermdoc where are we eating Thursday night in Starkville? And for that matter Friday and Saturday nights too?
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
12th Man Ag
AG
BQ_90 said:

so for you road warriors, which series would you recommend going to????

Same question. Is MSU the #1 option without question or is there another road trip that would be great?
twk
AG
I haven't been to Tennessee or Auburn for baseball, but I am hoping to check both off the list this year. Been to both for football. Knoxville is a nice town -- the only down side I see to this trip is that it is rather early in the year, so the weather might be rather chilly.

I'm passing on UK this time, but we had a good time on the last trip. If you're into bourbon, there are several distilleries to tour, and Lexington has a good amount to offer. This probably isn't one of those places that jumps out to you as a baseball trip, but don't write it off.

The best thing about Arkansas is that you can stay across the street from the ballpark at the Staybridge Suites. That can be a big plus if we have any weather delays.

Everyone should go to MSU at some point to see the ballpark, although their fans seem to think that they invented the game (they are friendly but strangely condescending at times). Starkville is much better suited to hosting baseball crowds than football, as the town can be overwhelmed for football weekends. We usually try to stay within walking distance of the park, which usually means the hotels on, or just off 12 (Comfort Suites or Courtyard by Marriott) or you could rent a place in the Cotton District like derm did for football.

drthoop
AG
Courtyard for the win.

And we don't play them there this season but Ole Miss is a great trip for baseball.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
12th Man Ag
AG
Starkville Marriott reserved. What is the best way to get decent seats for an MSU game?
dermdoc
AG
drthoop said:

Hey @dermdoc where are we eating Thursday night in Starkville? And for that matter Friday and Saturday nights too?
Taste is really good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Paul Dirac
Looks good
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.