New Stadium Changes After 2023 Season?

1,753 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bulverdeaggie93
BANA89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Word on the street is that big donations came in for Aggie Baseball after the MCWS showing that will result in stadium changes/enhancements for the spring 2024 season. Not clear how far those changes will go or whether it would be in line with previous concepts shown. Some discussion of trying to get some of it done for this next season, but sounded like it was too much to squeeze in without more planning and approval time. No surprise, just good to hear.

Also stated we picked up $12M for World Series appearance. Makes sense that there's an appearance fee just like basketball tournament, but didn't expect anywhere close to the $12M number. BTW, I assume this is gossip and not verified. Quite possibly the $12M is a combination of appearance fees and donations "directly attributed" to that appearance not just fees from the World Series itself. Possibly there have been more contributions outside of that that are going into accelerating the stadium work.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
twk
AG
BANA89 said:

Word on the street is that big donations came in for Aggie Baseball after the MCWS showing that will result in stadium changes/enhancements for the spring 2024 season. Not clear how far those changes will go or whether it would be in line with previous concepts shown. Some discussion of trying to get some of it done for this next season, but sounded like it was too much to squeeze in without more planning and approval time. No surprise, just good to hear.

Also stated we picked up $12M for World Series appearance. Makes sense that there's an appearance fee just like basketball tournament, but didn't expect the $12M number (not verified, BTW).
I doubt we're going to do anything before the indoor track facility gets done, just because of the traffic jam that might create if you had two major construction project in that close proximity.

On the tournament share, I'm sure that's like basketball where the money goes to the conference, then gets divided over time based on units (the more often you make the tournament and further you go, the more you get).
TXAggie2011
AG
I think it's only basketball revenues that get distributed based on performance. But either way, no way they made enough off the baseball tournament to give A&M $12 million.
The Debt
TXAggie2011 said:

I think it's only basketball revenues that get distributed based on performance. But either way, no way they made enough off the baseball tournament to give A&M $12 million.

Did esipn hype the tamu/tu game?
bulverdeaggie93
AG
a lot of commercial revenue during a 7+ day tournament
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.