Congratulations to Jo Evans on your new gig.

5,245 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agcrock2005
Ferg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dermdoc
AG
Good for her. Always liked Coach Evans.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rugger74
AG
Maybe a change will relight the fire.
98Mom03
Best of Luck to you Coach!
Raven
ontheway
AG
This in spades
TempleAg97
Cyp0111
not a bad place at all to land.
carl spacklers hat
Was thinking the same thing!
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Aggies2009
AG
Good luck to Coach Evans!
Wrecking Crew 21
Wrecking Crew 21
Good luck!
Aggie 63
jdgaucho
rugger74 said:

Maybe a change will relight the fire.

If she likes challenges, we will provide one. UC Santa Barbara was a combined 30-70 overall the last two years, and 90 games below .500 the last five years. Zero NCAA bids in 15 years under the previous head coach. Going from the SEC to the Big West will be a culture shock. But if there's anybody who can build UCSB up, it's Jo Evans.
Aston94
AG
Hope she brings in some help on the recruiting front and some good assistant coaches. She is, in my opinion, a good "CEO" type coach, but that requires good assistant help.

Best of luck to her!
KBAGOLFER
Aston94 said:

Hope she brings in some help on the recruiting front and some good assistant coaches. She is, in my opinion, a good "CEO" type coach, but that requires good assistant help.

Best of luck to her!
Unfortunately, you might think she is a good "CEO" coach, but she doesn't think like that, she wants to coach every aspect of the game and be in every decision, and some might call it MICRO-MANAGEMENT, she's got connections, and hopefully learns from her pitfalls at A&M
KayakBassAngling
Matsui
AG
Congrats jo!
greg.w.h
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Aston94 said:

Best of luck to her!
Unfortunately, you might think she is a good "CEO" coach, but she doesn't think like that, she wants to coach every aspect of the game and be in every decision, and some might call it MICRO-MANAGEMENT, she's got connections, and hopefully learns from her pitfalls at A&M
Still pooping on her? She's fired already.
KW02
AG
Wonder is she brings Joy with her.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
KW02 said:

Wonder is she brings Joy with her.

In some capacity I imagine.
Bunk Moreland
greg.w.h said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Aston94 said:

Best of luck to her!

Nothing wrong with telling the truth. And there is a place for micro managers in college coaching... If they can do it right. If they can't it's a struggle. Same with macro managers
greg.w.h
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

greg.w.h said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Aston94 said:

Best of luck to her!

Nothing wrong with telling the truth. And there is a place for micro managers in college coaching... If they can do it right. If they can't it's a struggle. Same with macro managers
You can't tell the truth by only mentioning the most negative part you believe is true.
BigBubbaAggie82
The truth is the later part of your post is what exposed Jo. She had been fortunate to have not only great players but great assistant coaches. One of those being Sunbelt champion Jerry Glasco. When she was left on an island, her ineffectiveness was exposed and undeniable at that point. Let them come
TXAggie2011
AG
A Gerry Glasco reference is exactly what was missing from this thread. Jesus H. Christ
Aston94
AG
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

The truth is the later part of your post is what exposed Jo. She had been fortunate to have not only great players but great assistant coaches. One of those being Sunbelt champion Jerry Glasco. When she was left on an island, her ineffectiveness was exposed and undeniable at that point. Let them come
Exactly.
TXAggie2011
AG
She's had a Hall of Fame career and been successful at every school she's coached at.

Every coach will suffer when they don't have great players and every coach will suffer when they don't have great assistants. And it's just lame and weird to bring up a guy that was with her for 3 years and say he helped "exposed" the truth of a 35 year Hall of Fame career.
Aston94
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

She's had a Hall of Fame career and been successful at every school she's coached at.

Every coach will suffer when they don't have great players and every coach will suffer when they don't have great assistants. And it's just lame and weird to bring up a guy that was with her for 3 years and say he helped "exposed" the truth of a 35 year Hall of Fame career.
I think he used him as an example, not as the only good assistant coach she had.

Like I said, if she has good assistants she can be a good CEO coach, and she was a good CEO coach (with a hall of fame career). I wish her nothing but luck and I hope she finds good assistants so she can thrive again.
BigBubbaAggie82
As all HOF players aren't same neither are coaches.
Some players get championships rings just riding bench. Right place at the right time. No considerable contribution to the game. Same case here, like it or not. When it was all on her to win, she could not. Hence the change.
TXAggie2011
AG
It's OK to say she is a "CEO" style coach, but as just posted, I know the intent of that poster is to claim Jo Evans "rode the bench" to the Hall of Fame.

And I suppose BigBubba must think the same about Joy Jackson, considering she was an assistant coach pretty much the entire time.

So, essentially, the claim is we had 2 coaches who "were in the right place at the right time" while a rotating cast of 2nd assistants were responsible for the success. That's pretty wild.
KBAGOLFER
Take this discussion to the Santa Barbara Softball Forums, as many have said on here she's no longer the A&M coach.

Start recruiting for this amazing staff, the 14u Bombers just won the Alliance national championship, IG and the Thunderbolts won the PGF 14 These kids are the ones everyone should be giving thumbs up too and recruiting just like we do for football. If we get one of the Aces on these two teams we're talking NC here in Aggieland again
KayakBassAngling
TyperWoods
Best wishes Coach Evans. Thank you for your efforts in Aggieland.
agcrock2005
AG
Interesting. Didn't know the entire staff from last year is now a HC somewhere else. Wonder why they couldn't make it work here.

yell_on_6th st
AG
Is that the new one or the old one?
agcrock2005
AG
huh
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.