Suggestion: Separate Baseball and Softball into seperate forums

2,070 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TAMU1990
jvanbeek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The two groups are very different and it would be much easier for everyone to find what they are looking for.
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
Captain Pablo
AG
Agree. Why hasn't this been suggested before?
EMY92
AG
There are threads started 22 days ago on the first page.

That is with both sports having much more to talk about this time of year than usual.
greg.w.h
AG
With the new coach and staff, it probably will be worth doing if the softball threads increase. But they were combined to rescue softball board from other sports, iirc, due to lack of traffic.
powerbelly
AG
Leave softball and baseball combined.

I would never check a softball board, but like keeping up with it as I peruse the baseball threads.
Artimus Gordon
Brilliant idea! Who do we convince to start the transition?
Artimus Gordon
Same thing in Aggie soccer forum. I don't know who Manchister and totingham are.
AgBQ-00
AG
powerbelly said:

Leave softball and baseball combined.

I would never check a softball board, but like keeping up with it as I peruse the baseball threads.
Exactly this
cocacolaaggie68
Totally agree. Why doesn't our national championship ( how many versus all our other sports?) have its own board before everyone else?
TexasRebel
AG
What is this? 2009?
dabo man
AG
I happen to agree with you, but the fact is that a softball-only board would be pretty barren, and TA wants their softball stories seen by more eyes than a softball-only board would provide.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Put 'em on the front page
jkag89
If Softball got its own board it would lose its most consistent topic (at least now that Jo is no longer the coach) , Why doesn't softball have its own board?

The best way to get a seperate board is to have consistent discussion.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Does that say there is not enough interest to be on any board? Seems kinda harsh.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Same thing in Aggie soccer forum. I don't know who Manchister and totingham are.

Oh that's easy, minor hobbit characters from Lord of the Rings.
trouble
AG
Same
Sea Pony 07
AG
Ditto
jvanbeek
AG
Note that this is the only two-sport discussion forum.
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
TexasRebel
AG
Other Sports covers a few.

jvanbeek
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

It is really strange how the Soccer Forum has far more discussion of non-Aggie soccer than Aggie soccer most of the time. Ideally, the Soccer Forum would just be Aggie Soccer and there be a general soccer discussion group with other miscellaneous groups since there are a lot of soccer groupies! That would be my second suggestion if I were to make a second.

Softball just gets swamped by the baseball discussion that separating them might help softball. If it doesn't rate its own group, being in "Other" almost makes more sense than "Baseball and Softball".
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
nereus
AG
jvanbeek said:

Artimus Gordon said:

It is really strange how the Soccer Forum has far more discussion of non-Aggie soccer than Aggie soccer most of the time. Ideally, the Soccer Forum would just be Aggie Soccer and there be a general soccer discussion group with other miscellaneous groups since there are a lot of soccer groupies! That would be my second suggestion if I were to make a second.

Softball just gets swamped by the baseball discussion that separating them might help softball. If it doesn't rate its own group, being in "Other" almost makes more sense than "Baseball and Softball".
If separating softball was really helpful to softball I would be in favor of separating them. I just don't think that is true.

I read both of those forums regularly and I never feel that Aggie Softball or Aggie Soccer posts are getting swamped. There are less of them, but I don't have trouble finding them and they remain on the first page for quite a while. The posts on the soccer forum are pretty much always clearly labeled that you wouldn't have to even click on something non-Aggie soccer if you wanted. The this forum is a little less clear but generally softball posts have something in their title letting you know it is about softball. It is pretty rare I click on a post and am surprised by which sport the post is about.

I think softball is better off being here than in its own forum or in the Other Sports forum. I feel the same about soccer. I think Aggie Soccer gets more support being on a basically an everything soccer board then they would being put somewhere else.
heddleston
AG
Yep, if Aggie Soccer was by itself then it would be an echo chamber with the same five people. Where it's at you get other people reading along and engaged. I'm sure softball gets the same benefit being here.
TAMU1990
AG
I just scroll by the softball discussion. I'm not interested, and the reasons why are core to the sport. If I make suggestions how to improve the sport, I hear that would make it more like baseball. There you go...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.