Asked Bjork a question regarding Olsen additions at PKO

14,845 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BQ_90
SandmanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twk said:

Bjork took questions during his appearance at the TexAgs Preseaon Kickoff today, so I asked him a question regarding funding for expansion at Olsen. He said that ticket revenue for baseball when he was at Ole Miss (including premium seating revenue) was around $4.5 million, whereas ticket revenue at A&M was $1.4 million. Don't know exactly how they hope to close that gap, but that appears to be a top priority for the renovation. 100 or 200 additional club seats won't cut it. It seems to me that either they are going to have to build a lot of suites, or they will have to do something radical like turn the entire first deck into club seating.
12th Man Ag
AG
Quote:

or they will have to do something radical like turn the entire first deck into club seating.

I think this is very likely if the Club can handle that many more folks. Not sure it is big enough.

And, this will cause massive blowback from folks sitting on the first deck. I think most are probably willing to pay, as long as they are allowed to keep their seats. But if they convert the first deck to all club and then re-seat based on Priority Points, there will be revolution!
twk
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Quote:

or they will have to do something radical like turn the entire first deck into club seating.

I think this is very likely if the Club can handle that many more folks. Not sure it is big enough.

And, this will cause massive blowback from folks sitting on the first deck. I think most are probably willing to pay, as long as they are allowed to keep their seats. But if they convert the first deck to all club and then re-seat based on Priority Points, there will be revolution!
This
greg.w.h
AG
twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

Quote:

This
Which is the best argument for rebuilds.
twk
AG
greg.w.h said:

twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

Quote:

This
Sure. If we built a new park, we could have a larger first deck, build a bigger club, and accommodate not only existing season ticket holders, but a bunch of new ones in prime locations. The trick is finding the money.
BQ_90
AG
twk said:

greg.w.h said:

twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

Quote:

This
Sure. If we built a new park, we could have a larger first deck, build a bigger club, and accommodate not only existing season ticket holders, but a bunch of new ones in prime locations. The trick is finding the money.
One thing that caught my attention at the TA kickoff is Bjork did say they'd use bonds for soccer. Which surprised me.

Now baseball will cost far more but something that might be on the table
twk
AG
BQ_90 said:

twk said:

greg.w.h said:

twk said:

12th Man Ag said:

Quote:

This
One thing that caught my attention at the TA kickoff is Bjork did say they'd use bonds for soccer. Which surprised me.

Now baseball will cost far more but something that might be on the table
The way I interpreted that is that Bjork doesn't expect soccer to pay its own way, so they will just have to issue bonds to fund whatever they are going to do (no doubt, there will be some donations, but they don't expect those to cover much of the cost). With baseball, even though we will get some big donations, I'm sure there will be some bond debt issued, but the idea would be that increased revenue would be enough to cover the debt service rather than having to rely upon football revenue to cover it. That's the difference.
Farmer1906
AG
Has anyone heard anything new about the Volleyball facility? I think there was talk it would be next to Olsen. That could also throw a wrench into any plans to move the ballpark.
12th Man Ag
AG
Or they may make up the difference in Dugout Club memberships!
AgFlyGuy
AG
Sheesh, just saw that email come across. Double the price from last year
nereus
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Has anyone heard anything new about the Volleyball facility? I think there was talk it would be next to Olsen. That could also throw a wrench into any plans to move the ballpark.

I don't think so. There isn't anything volleyball related in that area currently and that facility feels like it is pretty low on the current priority list. They could easily move the master plan location for a volleyball facility to a new location if they decided it was best to use that space for baseball.
BQ_90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That's a master plan wish list. We'd have to win 5 straight titles in football to,have that kinda money for stands kind VB arena

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.