Tyler Naquin to the Mets

3,199 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Luke The Drifter
12th Man Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34309678/sources-new-york-mets-aquiring-tyler-naquin-phillip-diehl-trade-cincinnati-reds

Trying to get to the World Series!
Luke The Drifter
AG
Growing up, the Astros were my National League favorite team and the Yankees were my American League team. 1986 was a terrible year for me. The Mets beat the Astros in the LCS and the Red Sox won the AL. Two teams I absolutely hated were playing in the World Series. And even though time has passed, I still cannot stand the Mets. I'll root for Naquin, but man...I just can't bring myself to cheer for the Mets.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
AgLA06
AG
Dear diary...
trouble
AG
I feel the same way about the Mets
FarmerJohn
AG
The Mets are like Randy Quaid's Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation.
Aston94
AG
You lost me at your favorite AL team being the Yankees...yuck.
jkag89
Tyler had a two homerun game tonight.
W
AG
Naquin is a free agent at the end of the season.

he may have timed everything right --- i.e. having good seasons (2021 & 2022) as he reaches free agency
IowaAg07
AG
I got to see him play last night. It was a crazy pitcher's duel and neither team managed any offense, but it was cool to see him get the win.
powerbelly
AG
Aston94 said:

Luke The Drifter
AG
Aston94 said:

My dad grew up on the farm in west Texas in the '50s when there was no baseball west of St. Louis. The only teams you could regularly get on the radio or TV back then were the Cards and Yankees. He grew up idolizing Maris, Mantle, Berra, DiMaggio, etc. who won a bunch of World Series titles. He was a lifelong Yankee fan because of this.

When I started following baseball in the '70s, both the Astros and Rangers were perpetually horrible. But the Yankees had Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Thurman Munson, Graig Nettles, Bucky Dent, Willie Randolph, Ron Guidry, etc. who also won a bunch of World Series titles. I became a lifelong Yankee fan because of this.

When my son started following baseball in the early 2000s, both the Astros and Rangers were bad again. The Yankees then had Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Chuck Knoblauch, Andy Pettite, etc. who also won a bunch of World Series titles. He became a lifelong Yankee fan because of this.

Astros and Rangers are still our top teams, but they're hard to follow because over their 50+ year histories, they've been terrible more often than they've been good (especially the Rangers).

Anyway...now you know the Yankee fandom history that runs in our family. And you should expect the Yankees to start winning WS titles again once my son has a son. It seems to run in the family. :-)

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
12thMan9
AG
I hope he has a hard time finding a wife.

Go Astros!!
Ronnie '88
Aston94
AG
You like front runners. Got it.

Just kidding.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's in West Texas watching the Cubs and Braves. I fell in love with the Astros of JR Richards, Joe Morgan, Jose Cruz, Cesar Cedeno and Nolan Ryan. I hate the Dodgers and the Yankees. End of story.

Astros of the 70's and 80's were pretty good.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Aston94 said:

You like front runners. Got it.

Just kidding.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's in West Texas watching the Cubs and Braves. I fell in love with the Astros of JR Richards, Joe Morgan, Jose Cruz, Cesar Cedeno and Nolan Ryan. I hate the Dodgers and the Yankees. End of story.

Astros of the 70's and 80's were pretty good.

Dude, I've been doing this whole Aggie fan thing for 50+ years. I clearly don't latch on to front runners.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.