Summer ball locations for the Ags?

10,528 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kirky
Rookie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gig em
powerbelly
AG
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

ensign_beedrill said:

You'd think our athletic department could put a little list together and publish it on their site.

No Athletic Department lists kids going into the portal.
We want a list of where the kids are playing summer ball.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

ensign_beedrill said:

You'd think our athletic department could put a little list together and publish it on their site.

No Athletic Department lists kids going into the portal.
Sorry I thought this was about Aggies playing summer ball.
TXAGBQ76
AG
37 I think...
213 Grove
AG
Headed to the Cape next week with the family to catch a few games. Our first game is Brewster @ Chatham so should see a few Ags play it looks Iike.

Sunday: Wrigley Day Game
Tuesday - Thursday: Cape League Games
Friday: Fenway Night Game

I'm pretty excited !
Willbjohnston
aggieswmr04
We're here now in Orleans. Come every year and track the Ags.

Chatham has no Ags even though they are on roster. Moss stayed back and Harrison is playing for Harwich. We were able to catch him this week at one of the two Orleans/Harwich match ups. They say he plays for NC State since he transferred. We did chat with him.

Warner is home (was with Brewster). Harrison told us he left for the draft, but also word was he might have had a minor injury.

Your best bet may be to catch a Falmouth game as it looks like they have 2 Ags, Juco Transfer and Johnston like someone else commented. We missed it this year. Y-D Red Sox also has the Arizona St. transfer. We skipped the match up with Brewster when we heard Trevor went home and opted for a beach day.

On a funny note, my 7yo son wanted to catch the Orleans meet and greet for signature today despite playing with them in camp all week. He wore his Aggie Baseball camp shirt and the players immediately started commenting about Schloss. One asked why he was a fan, all shocked we were from Texas and then egged him on to throw the horns down since one catcher just transferred to t.u. My 7 year old threw it down in the player's face and it was a good memory for sure. The entire team with the exception of Garrett loved it. He was a good sport about it.

2 kids also from Louisville on the team, mentioned they still have PTSD from those SR games and the hellish heat

Schloss seems to have put TAMU back on the map.

If you end up going to Orleans games. Sit on visitor side foul line a few feet from the fence post and you've got an excellent shot at getting a foul ball just be sure to watch the Osprey nest. She sprays everyone that sits right on the fence post. every year, without fail. My kids are gonna get stopped and bags searched at security in Logan for all the fouls they caught even with sharing with everyone around us.

One year I'll subscribe and post our pics….
OnlyForNow
AG
Caught some games in the Collegiate California league last week.

Didn't see any Ags or many SEC players but saw Schussler, tu catcher, and some Islanders. Had the host family of an Islander pitcher sit down and talk to myself wife and kids for about 15 mins. Had nothing but good things to say about him, then I let him know A&M and A&M -CC aren't the same school. He was a good sport about it though.

Fun games.
213 Grove
AG
Falmouth vs Harwich game tonight. I appreciate these three Aggies taking the time to meet with my daughter.

Chestnut was the only one to see action tonight. He's fast !

aggieswmr04
Good stuff! Always a magical time at the Cape. Hope y'all enjoyed it, looks like she got a foul ball!
tcow715
AG
Joshua Stewart (RHP Sophomore Texas Transfer) was the closer for his team in the Cape. His stats are pretty fantastic.

16.1 IP
0.55 ERA
20 Ks
3 BBs
0.695 WHIP

Really really impressive numbers in the best Collegiate Summer League. It would be huge to have a dominant closer locked up for the next two seasons.
Kirky
AG
Beyond late here but got curious about where some of the Ags played their summer ball this year... Anyway, I had a good high school buddy who played for the sips and they sent him to Santa Barbara for two of his summers. Me and a fellow Ag made the trip out there to watch him and man... I was extremely jealous of him those two summers to say the least!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.