Summer ball locations for the Ags?

10,600 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kirky
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you know where the Ags will be playing summer ball, please post here.

We got to see a few guys playing for the Prune Packers last year.

Going to see the Sonoma Stompers this years.
dermdoc
AG
We always wanted to get a VRBO beach cabin and watch Ags in the Cape Cod league.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
12thMan9
AG
OnlyForNow said:

We got to see a few guys playing for the Prune Packers last year.

There is a joke here, just might not make it through the review process....
LHP
AG
Doc, I played in the Cape Cod league. Susan and I went back a few years ago and rented a B&B. I highly recommend it. Wooden bats and pure baseball. You would love it.
Mr.Ackar07
The ones I have found so far:

Ty Hodge - Santa Barbara Foresters - California Collegiate League
Austin Stracener - Santa Barbara Foresters - California Collegiate League
Ryan Targac - Brewster Whitecaps - Cape Cod Baseball League
Jack Moss - Chatham Anglers - Cape Cod Baseball League
Will Rizzo - Eau Claire Express - Northwoods League
Robert Antonetti - Brazos Valley Bombers - Texas Collegiate League
Brandon Bishop - Brazos Valley Bombers - Texas Collegiate League

Some one said that Kalea Harrison is also with Chatham, but he hasn't been posted to their roster yet.
Basketball and Chain
AG
http://www.chathamanglers.com/index.cfm?base=23&Id=1351
OnlyForNow
AG
Ty Hodge and Austin Stracener and both leaving right? Or just in the Portal for now?
GigEmADED
Where did you see Austin Bost was in the portal?
GigEmAgsCaleb
He's talking about Ty Hodge and Austin Stracener, they are both in the portal. Bost is not in the portal.
TMartin
Who decides where these guys go in the summer?
GigEmAgsCaleb
The coaches of the college player recommend them to the league and they are picked up by each team
OnlyForNow
AG
Austin Stracener.

Sorry. Made that clarification in my post. I can see how it could be confusing.
GigEmADED
All good
Mister Mystery Guest
Schloss implied on the radio that Moss doesn't really need more at-bats this summer and might hang around here and get stronger.
GigEmADED
Mister Mystery Guest said:

Schloss implied on the radio that Moss doesn't really need more at-bats this summer and might hang around here and get stronger.

If Moss gets his power up he will be a 1st round draft pick after next season I guarantee it. He will be the best bat in the college game.
dermdoc
AG
LHP said:

Doc, I played in the Cape Cod league. Susan and I went back a few years ago and rented a B&B. I highly recommend it. Wooden bats and pure baseball. You would love it.

Bucket list item.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
12thMan9
AG
Case can be made that Cape Cod league is a cut above the others.

Know a kid playing out in Cali, living b/w Sacramento & SF. Tough place to be.....
94chem
I had season tickets to the Fairbanks Goldpanners one summer. I remember Robert Harris was playing for the Anchorage Bucs. I went to the Midnight Sun game. It starts around 10:30 p.m., and they play the whole game without lights on June 21st.
Mr.Ackar07
94chem said:

I had season tickets to the Fairbanks Goldpanners one summer. I remember Robert Harris was playing for the Anchorage Bucs. I went to the Midnight Sun game. It starts around 10:30 p.m., and they play the whole game without lights on June 21st.

I have a baseball card of his from that summer:

Buford T. Justice
AG
Wow! To spend a summer in Santa Barbara, CA.
Playing baseball by night and who knows what else by day.
Double A
AG
My wife and I were visiting family in Mass a few years back, and one day she and I headed down to Falmouth on the cape. We're in a little shop looking around and a woman asked my wife if she was an Aggie, because my wife had an A&M shirt on. We got to talking with her and her husband, and found out they were there to watch their son, A&M catcher Troy Stein, play in the Cape Cod league. It was fun to meet them so far from Texas. Unfortunately, our schedule did not permit us time to catch a game.
TEXAS AGGIES
KBAGOLFER
I think what Jack Moss does and who he replicates his game after and all lefties should is Freddie Freeman, he's so much like Freddie's. I've been a Braves fan since I was like 5 so writing that name is even tough to do right now.

Here's the spot where Jack can really grow, inside fastball Freddie deposits those in the right field gap bleachers. They both drive the ball opposite field with 2 strikes. Freddie NEVER looks to pull a ball, it happens but wants to stay gap to gap. Moss is the same way, just has to get inside that inside fastball better.
KayakBassAngling
94chem
Mr.Ackar07 said:

94chem said:

I have a baseball card of his from that summer:

No idea they had cards. That's some quality camera work there.
Rookie12
Werner playing in Cape Cod with the Brewster Whitecaps
jja79
AG
I posted this before but I'll add it again. If you have ESPN + they carry the Northwoods League.
OnlyForNow
AG
Is Rock playing anywhere or is he taking the summer off and prepping for the draft?
ptothemo
AG
Any guys who are out of eligibility would be crazy to be playing right now. There is nothing to gain, and only bad things like injuries can happen.
F1Aggie
AG
dermdoc said:

LHP said:

Bucket list item.

Just went Sunday to a game Orleans and will say it's the most fun I've had at a ball game in years. If you go make sure to get there early and put out your lawn chair/blanket and bring a cooler. Had to laugh when they said smoking was prohibited but never mentioned alcohol and from what I could tell most adults spoiled their yeti's.

TarponChaser
KBAGOLFER said:

I think what Jack Moss does and who he replicates his game after and all lefties should is Freddie Freeman, he's so much like Freddie's. I've been a Braves fan since I was like 5 so writing that name is even tough to do right now.

Here's the spot where Jack can really grow, inside fastball Freddie deposits those in the right field gap bleachers. They both drive the ball opposite field with 2 strikes. Freddie NEVER looks to pull a ball, it happens but wants to stay gap to gap. Moss is the same way, just has to get inside that inside fastball better.

I think a lot of that development from Moss will be from getting stronger. As good of a hitter as he is now, he's still sorta scrawny. Add 15-20# of muscle to go from 6'5" 205# to weighing 220-225# and a whole lot of those doubles to the LC gap will become homers and he'll have more bat speed to turn on that inside fastball.
TXAGBQ76
AG
From the transfers/portal post

6/17 - RHP Rawley Hector -- (La Tech)
6/17 - INF Austin Stracener -- D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/17 - RHP Jack Hamilton -- D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/17 - INF Ty Hodge -- (HBU)
6/20 - RHP Will Rizzo -- per his Twitter account
6/26 - RHP/INF Khristian Curtis - (Arizona State)
6/28 - INF Kalae Harrison - D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/28 - C Taylor Smith - D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/28 - RHP Xavier Lovett -D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/29 - LHP Jonathan Childress - per 247 article
6/29 - RHP Walker Zander - per 247 article
6/29 - RHP Alex Magers - per 247 article
7/01 - OF Logan Britt
BostonAg74
Trevor Werner on the Brewster Whitecaps roster. Photo on their home page

ensign_beedrill
AG
You'd think our athletic department could put a little list together and publish it on their site.
Luke The Drifter
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

From the transfers/portal post

6/17 - RHP Rawley Hector -- (La Tech)
6/17 - INF Austin Stracener -- D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/17 - RHP Jack Hamilton -- D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/17 - INF Ty Hodge -- (HBU)
6/20 - RHP Will Rizzo -- per his Twitter account
6/26 - RHP/INF Khristian Curtis - (Arizona State)
6/28 - INF Kalae Harrison - D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/28 - C Taylor Smith - D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/28 - RHP Xavier Lovett -D1Baseball transfer portal listing
6/29 - LHP Jonathan Childress - per 247 article
6/29 - RHP Walker Zander - per 247 article
6/29 - RHP Alex Magers - per 247 article
7/01 - OF Logan Britt

Jonathan Childress can play another year? How old is he...like 30?

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Lemmys Rickenbacker
ensign_beedrill said:

You'd think our athletic department could put a little list together and publish it on their site.

No Athletic Department lists kids going into the portal.
12thMan9
AG
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

ensign_beedrill said:

No Athletic Department lists kids going into the portal.
Pretty sure he wasn't referring to that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.