I am having Aggie

3,643 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Beechcraft AG 91
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baseball withdrawals already.

Made it back to CS but still feels surreal that it is over.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LHP
AG
Me too doc. Love this team and the ride!
DustysLineup
AG
They say that all....
Good things must end
Bunk Moreland
Made it back tonight too. Was a great time. Already excited about next year. Hopefully Aggie football helps the off-season not drag.
trouble
AG
Same. I might have cried a little in the car on the way home this afternoon.
dermdoc
AG
It was just so much fun. These parents and players were outstanding. Tolerated me and became such good friends.

I wish you guys knew(if you don't) first hand what good people we have as coaches, players, and families.

Guess I am old and sentimental.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I only met a couple parents but this group of kids would have to have great parents. They are such a special group.
dermdoc
AG
It is nice not to be confined to a hotel room which Mrs. Derm was stuck with me for seven days.

She survived.
trouble
AG
One of the many reasons she's going to heaven
Luke The Drifter
AG
Not the same, but I've become friends with many of the DBU coaches, players, and parents. What a fine group of folks. My daughter (no rule #1) dates a DBU ball player and getting to run in their circle has been a ton of fun.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
DustysLineup
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Hopefully Aggie football helps the off-season not drag.
dermdoc
AG
I actually think it is very similar. College baseball is Heaven on earth.

And no it is not an idol.
aginlakeway
BANA89
AG
Was a long drive back, which probably helped me decompress more than a quick flight would have. Outstanding trip was a lot of fun and well worth it.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

"Don't look so sad I know it's over.
But life goes on and this old world will keep on turning.
Let's be glad we had some time to spend together.
There's no need to watch the bridges that we're burning..."

I'll miss Aggie baseball till next year but I have minor league ball as a salve till October.
RGLAG85
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Not the same, but I've become friends with many of the DBU coaches, players, and parents. What a fine group of folks. My daughter (no rule #1) dates a DBU ball player and getting to run in their circle has been a ton of fun.
There is nothing better than getting to hang with the players on a personal level and get to watch how they interact and grow into great young men.

I'll share a personal story if y'all don't mind. Over the years of my son being at OSU, I became the house cook when we were in town. We'd usually grill steaks once in the fall and have a couple of weekends in the spring when we would grill for about 12 to15 of the players and their families. If I wasn't grilling steaks, I'd grill carne asada and chicken fajitas for everyone. In 2018, the Tech series was the last series before the B12 tournament. It was a Thurs.-Sat. series with the Saturday game being a midafternoon game. We had planned to have everyone over to the house to grill out and I had pounds of marinated flank steak and chicken in the cooler. During the second inning, my brother called to let me know my dad had unexpectedly passed away. My dad was a huge baseball nut and was, obviously, very proud of his grandson. Before my wife and I left the stadium, I pulled a couple of the dads aside and told them about our situation and gave them instructions on everything we had ready, they just needed to grill. Our immediate reaction was to get in the car and start heading back to the metroplex. My parent lived south of Houston and we knew we had a long drive ahead. As we sat in the car and began to talk, our first thought went to our son. He loved his Papa and always enjoyed talking baseball with him. We made the decision to stay until after the game so we could tell him personally. He needed to hear it from us, not his girlfriend. We stayed in the car and cried and talk and talked with my siblings. After much discussion, we concluded there wasn't much we could do rushing off after the game and decided to stay for the cookout and be with our son. We felt that's what dad would've wanted, for us to take care of Ben and his teammates. That was the most amazing night and I couldn't have had any better therapy than cooking for the players and their families and honoring my dad. We left after the cookout and lots of hugs and tears. We love love those guys and they still communicate with us regularly.

Sorry so long.
Sea Pony 07
AG
trouble said:

I'm not afraid to admit I cried after the game yesterday. It was a special season and I'm sure none of us were ready for it to be over.
greg.w.h
AG
Is this heaven?

No it's Iowa…
flakrat
AG
Was at sorts clips today and myself and the hair chopper were both lamenting the end of college baseball for the next 8 months.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Too damn sappy up in here. Just finishing the last of the Pringles and thinking about football season.

The Road Goes on Forever..
Mark Fairchild
AG
We have NO idea what to do with our day, been either waiting to play a game or watching a game. Seems like the world just STOPPED!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
jkag89
greg.w.h said:

Is this heaven?

No it's Iowa…
No, that is on the other side of this bridge -
AggieBB
AG
My first trip to Omaha. So glad I went and saw this special group complete the best season in Aggie baseball history. I will be back with them next year!
aggiewilliford
Mark Fairchild said:

We have NO idea what to do with our day, been either waiting to play a game or watching a game. Seems like the world just STOPPED!

Yep me too...
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

My drive home was longer than yours...
trouble
AG
Sean98 said:

trouble said:

My drive home was longer than yours...

But I had just finished hugging players and had 2 little boys in the car that were finally realizing that baseball really was over
StinkyPinky
AG
I think it now has made the summer feel longer, since now we'll have to wait to Football season to get the emotions high again. It does feel awful quiet without it front of mind.
dermdoc
AG
Watching golf until the Astros at 6. And watched them give up 4 and lose to the Yankees last night.

May prescribe myself some Zoloft.
dermdoc
AG
And Mrs. Derm says you still have faith and family. And I asked if either could hit ou.
Jag1977
AG
First time to Omaha…best decision to go with this incredible team and coaches…these young men have represented Aggies well, and what an amazing, fun ride it has been…from first game to last, they never gave up!!!
MR Gadsden
flakrat said:

Was at sorts clips today and myself and the hair chopper were both lamenting the end of college baseball for the next 8 months.

Was is Kassidy? We sat next to her during the regionals! She's a huge baseball fan.
MR Gadsden
I am definitely going through withdrawals. Walked around the yard today with my headphones on and wished I was listening to Monaco call a Friday night game. Wished we were playing tomorrow in the finals. Just miss all of it.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
I am having baseball (CWS) withdrawels also. However Omaha was much better to go to with the AGS there!

Hoping the AGS being there and winning games becomes a regular thing

Damn it was a good time!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.