Good Bull Trevor and team!

6,290 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FriscoAggieFan
8e8Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - "At the end of the day, kids want your autograph. They don't care if you win or lose. They just look up to you so much. They love you and they want to be you." That's why Texas A&M Baseball third baseman Trevor Werner believes baseball is about more than just the game.

When Werner met 13-year-old Carter Wood, who was decked out in his Auburn apparel, at the Aggies' Regional Tournament in Hoover, AL, he had no idea that one conversation would lead to a lifelong friendship. But Werner remembers, not too long ago, being just like Wood.

"I was once, as a kid, in his shoes. Standing outside the batting cages, idolizing college baseball players," he said.

Werner and Wood met just one month after Wood was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. His mom, Jennifer Wood, says his diagnosis came from months of being bullied, assaulted, and belittled. She says her son had started to believe what the bullies were saying to him, but Werner and the other Aggie Baseball players made him believe otherwise.

Before the Aggies left Alabama to head back to College Station, Wood gave Werner a letter thanking him for taking the time to talk to him. Werner says he still has that letter hanging up in his locker. As the Aggies loaded the bus, Werner stopped to hug Wood and give him his batting gloves, thinking it would be the last time he'd see him.

Then, Werner had the idea to invite Wood and his dad to come to College Station for Super Regionals. The pair made the 12 hour drive from Alabama to Aggieland for what would soon become what Wood's mom calls "the trip of a lifetime."

The two stayed at the A&M Hotel, ate BBQ and cobbler at Cooper's, and sat in the stands at Blue Bell Park next to Werner's parents, while wearing Werner's jersey, #28, that was given to Wood as a gift by Werner's parents before the game. Wood even made it up on the big screen!

When the Aggies punched their ticket to Omaha, Werner, once again, knew he needed who he calls his "good luck" charm, cheering him on from the crowd. He and his parents found a way to secure tickets for Wood and his entire family to join them in Omaha, Nebraska for the Men's College World Series.

Once again, the Woods made the drive. This time, to see Werner and the Aggies play on the big stage. Wood says he "can't put into words" what it means to him that Werner asked him to be there and that he sees him as an older brother.

The Aggies historic post-season run ended on Wednesday, June 22 with a 5-1 loss against Oklahoma, but win or lose, Werner knows that Wood is looking up to him.

Wood's mom sums it up by saying, "I've always been told God puts the right people in the right place at the right time, and that timing is everything. That is exactly what happened on May 25, 2022 for an Alabama teen. A stranger from College Station, Texas became a life long friend."

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/06/23/alabama-teen-finds-special-bond-with-texas-am-baseball-team/

edit cause I chopped it. thanks akm91
aginlakeway
AG
Wow.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
milner79
Whew ... gotta stop choppin' those onions ...
RED AG 98
AG
Now that is some serious good bull. What a representative of the core values of Texas A&M: Excellence, Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service.
trouble
AG
When we left today, Trevor was still signing autographs for kids
histag10
AG
I also hope that every kid who bullied and assaulted that kid knows to stay away from him.

Good bull by Werner and the team!
Lance Uppercut
AG
What a great story
Aggies2009
AG
Watch the video too. Amazing.
jkag89
MROD92
Wrecking Crew 21
akm91
AG
Quote:

Wood's mom sums it up by saying, "I've always been told God puts the right people in the right place at the right time, and that timing is everything. That is exactly what happened on May 25, 2022 for an Alabama teen. A stranger from College Station, Texas became a life long friend."
Amen.
SmokinBourbon
AG
Man it's dusty in here...
Great story! I just love this team!
Maroon Elephant
AG
Werner walked into DJ's Dugout after we beat ND and was mobbed by kids. Signed autographs and took pictures for 30 minutes before he could sit down and eat. He's a good Ag!
trouble
AG
All these guys love the kids I haven't seen one of them refuse a picture/autograph/fist bump no matter how many kids there are. They seem to genuinely like the interaction.
Agsuffering@bulaw
cavscout96
EllisCoAg
AG
I'm not crying, you're crying
StinkyPinky
AG
That's one way to get 'em to defect to Texas from Alabama. Great story, even better reality! Well done.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Such a good hearted young man and a good Ag.
RGLAG85
AG
What an incredible story and testament to Trevor's and the players characters. Makes you proud that they represent A&M with such dignity.
SW AG80
AG
Great story.
AGinHI
1991sir
Get that Kid some NIL and keep him around another year!
dixichkn
AG
Known Trevor since he was knee high to a grasshopper. Let me tell you, you're going to be hard pressed to find a more humble, down to earth and hard working kid. His parents are great people, great friends and they raised their kids exceptionally well
RomanAg11
AG
bump
flakrat
AG
Whoop!
sharpdressedman
Wonderful!
CardiffGiant
AG
Why doesn't this have more stars??? Great story and reinforces what I thought of this team. Great dudes and great TEAM. Proud to be an Aggie!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Damn. This team is just good people.

They are saints
Mark Fairchild
AG
No words, just tears! Aggies are Special, and God Bless Trevor and that little boy! Oh, and "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL." Yeah, right.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Adam87inSA
Dees83ag
AG
No words. Just wow! This 22 team has been amazing on many levels.
aggiebrad94
MooreTrucker
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.