No game tonight

7,366 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Naked Hiker
Bullpen Chias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jkag89 said:

aggiefan09 said:

How much of an impact is it really though? Probably worse playing multiple games on a rain soaked field.
MLB is worried about the condition of the field after a 16 game tournament played on it over 6 days not during it.

Fenway was going to host the ACC tournament about 15 years ago. Got a few months out and decided "Nah, never mind"
Dallasag517
AG
Big 12 has their tournament at Globe. Maybe that's an option.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I loved Fenway, but by God those were the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in at a sporting venue.
jkag89
Dallasag517 said:

Big 12 has their tournament at Globe. Maybe that's an option.
Maybe, once the land thieves and sippie join the SEC. Still need to convince the rest of the league to accept a venue in an area not traditionally in the footprint of the conference. The old school SEC is not going to be manhandled by its new members like the old Big 8.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

The old school SEC is not going to be manhandled by its new members like the old Big 8.
And the manhandling of the Big 8 is what doomed the Big 12 from day 1. We can't pull this sh** again. I say "we." It was mostly DeLoss Dodds. Let's be honest.
Dallasag517
AG
If that doesn't work then start playing baseball in the rain.
Wicked Good Ag
I wouldn't want to play at Globe. Hoover always has rain issues. Just move it to a minor league field within the SEC footprint.

Biloxi
Greenville
Nashville
Memphis

Hell even Pensocola and Asheville along with the minor league stadium in Jacksonville could work. Once t.u. and OU join you have Frisco as well.
SchizoAg
AG
dixichkn said:

Horse crap. There's no rain right now and 100% chance tomorrow. C'mon SEC pull your head out and play some ball while you can. If it rains and you have to pick it up later, then pick it up later. Wouldn't be a full game you're having to wait on.

There has to be some kind of anti-A&M angle working here. It's the SEC way……. can't imagine what it would be, but there's no excuse not to be playing ball tonight
If the game was started tonight and then suspended in the 2nd inning, it would be a disadvantage for both teams, because they would have burned a starting pitcher who can't continue the next day.
annie88
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

I loved Fenway, but by God those were the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in at a sporting venue.

Back in the 90s I went to an A&M football game at Rice Stadium and they were still these old wooden benches that seemed like they had been petrified from the 1920s. That's the most uncomfortable seats I've ever been in.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

annie88 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

annie88 said:

powerbelly said:

Hoover continues to be a terrible venue for the SEC tournament.

I don't really think it's a stadiums or city's fault that the weather is bad.

And I know you're joking but hopefully will get it in tomorrow.
It's not the city's fault, but it is the fault of the people who pick a city that rain every year around this time. This is not new for the SEC tournament.

It poured here in BCS last night.
I never said we should host it

I was replying to this, I replied to the wrong poster.

Maybe move the tournament to College Station for next & subsequent years.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
dixichkn
AG
SchizoAg said:

dixichkn said:

Horse crap. There's no rain right now and 100% chance tomorrow. C'mon SEC pull your head out and play some ball while you can. If it rains and you have to pick it up later, then pick it up later. Wouldn't be a full game you're having to wait on.

There has to be some kind of anti-A&M angle working here. It's the SEC way……. can't imagine what it would be, but there's no excuse not to be playing ball tonight
If the game was started tonight and then suspended in the 2nd inning, it would be a disadvantage for both teams, because they would have burned a starting pitcher who can't continue the next day.
But let's be brutally honest……that scenario would probably benefit us far more than Florida
GigEmADED
We just keep falling in RPI
Eike Mlko
Just because we haven't played yet
Naked Hiker
AG
Naked Hiker said:

Um. Our boys are dressed and in the stands

What an idiot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.