SEC Success

3,097 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EMY92
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8-2 in SEC series (won 7 in a row to finish the year)

19-11 overall

10-5 at home, 9-6 on the road

10 of our 19 victories by 4 or more runs

SEC offensive rankings (SEC games only)

Batting Average - 1st (.290)
Runs Scored - 1st (233)
RBIs - 1st (221)
On Base Pct. - 1st (.398)
Hits - 1st (311)
Doubles - 1st (59)
Triples - 1st (7)
Walks - 1st (172)
Sac Flies - 1st (18)
Slugging Pct. - 3rd (.481)
Stolen Bases - 3rd (33)
Homeruns - 7th (44)

And we ain't done yet!
dermdoc
AG
Thanks for that.

Truly remarakanke.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
92aginSC
MaroonStain
AG
Averaging over 7+ runs and 5+ BBs per SEC contest.
two93ags
AG
Wow
Agryan00
When was the last time we put up numbers like these?

Love watching this team. Wish we had a few more arms. Hoping Micah Dallas surprises us all in the post season.
TempleAg97
AG
Absolutely amazing! Thanks OP.
jkag89
Here is the SEC Only Conference Stats for anyone that wants see where all the teams rank in each catagory. It also has pitching and defensive stats and leaders for individual stats as well.

The one thing that stands out in this is that the Ags are in the middle of the pack in the sexy number, home runs. This team certainly has hitters that can hit the long ball but it is doing everything well that has led to the offensive resurgence. Love the fact that this team is very good at getting the runner home from third with less than two outs.

Overall out pitching is not as bad as I thought at least in comparison with the rest of the league.

Fielding on the other hand is worse than I figured..
cs69ag
AG
I think there is some consensus that pitching in the SEC is down this year, particularly
on those first two game starters....Friday night and Saturday///except maybe for UT.
aggie67,74&76
AG
Amazing stats OP.
Luke The Drifter
AG
So we're 7th in the league in HRs. I would have guessed we'd be top 3. Glad to know we can be at the top of the other categories without having to rely on gorilla ball.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
HoustonAg2106
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

So we're 7th in the league in HRs. I would have guessed we'd be top 3. Glad to know we can be at the top of the other categories without having to rely on gorilla ball.
Rock (16), Targac (13) and Britt (8) are the only true HR threats, the rest of our guys are just good at getting timely hits with runners on (Moss, Bost, Claunch, Werner, and Kaler all have 6 HRs or fewer...Minnich has 7)

Edit: Of course Werner would have more if he didn't miss half the season
W
AG
the offensive numbers...are a far cry from:

we just want to lead the league in fewest walks allowed
src94
AG
Britt didn't play in many of the games either, with JT in CF much of the season.
HoustonAg2106
AG
src94 said:

Britt didn't play in many of the games either, with JT in CF much of the season.
Yes that's why I put him in the HR threat bucket, he had the 3rd most home runs on the team with significantly less at bats than the rest of the team.
W
AG
you know...speaking of Britt and home runs...

looking back...how big was his walk-off homer to beat #265 Fordham on opening weekend?

that would have been a crushing RPI game
Sq 17
Luke The Drifter said:

Is BBP a less friendly hitters Park?
Other than UT are there any other band box fields?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I always thought BBP hitter friendliness was a function of which way the wind was blowing.
EMY92
AG
Early in the season, Olsen isn't usually a hitter friendly park. From March on, it is as long as a cold front doesn't blow through.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.