The Texas Game

3,637 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aginlakeway
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really think this was the turning point in the season. At the time it was a HUGE upset and our offense really broke out. To me that was where it all changed this season
Engine10
AG
No doubt. Huge confidence builder for the squad
Bondag
AG
Ruined our RPI!
tjack16
AG
14-9 going into the midweek game at Austin

20-8 after that night
Sananag
Definitely a big confidence boost
McInnis
AG
And it kind of had the opposite effect on them didn't it?
trouble
AG
We crushed their miserable little souls
twk
AG
It was the LSU series. The team looked dead in the water heading to Baton Rouge. Had a few bumps in the road after that, but offensive production was night and day different before and after LSU.
HoustonAg2106
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
McInnis said:

Not really, they have been 20-9 since that game we we have been 20-8
HTownAg98
The sips went 20-9 against far inferior competition.
HoustonAg2106
AG
HTownAg98 said:

No doubt, but when the records are almost identical I can't say it had the "opposite effect" on them
ravingfans
AG
Bondag said:

Ruined our RPI!

Always has, always will...
McInnis
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

McInnis said:

Not really, they have been 20-9 since that game we we have been 20-8
They were ranked no. 8 going into their game against us, we were unranked. Now they're no. 22 and we're no. 6. Kind of opposite.

You could argue that their slide started a couple of weeks earlier when they lost a series to a mediocre South Carolina team, or you can give the Aggies credit. As for me, I'm not going to give myself bonus points for being objective.
tjack16
AG
twk said:

It was the LSU series. The team looked dead in the water heading to Baton Rouge. Had a few bumps in the road after that, but offensive production was night and day different before and after LSU.

I'd say Texas game, LSU series and the Sunday game against Georgia were the 3 key "oh this team is dangerous" moments for me
Aggies2009
AG
tjack16 said:

twk said:

I'd say Texas game, LSU series and the Sunday game against Georgia were the 3 key "oh this team is dangerous" moments for me

Yep. Down 9-6 to Georgia, I was a little worried. And then they exploded for 17 runs. I'd even say the last game against Kentucky was another worth mentioning where I looked and said "oh man look out when these guys get rolling!"
aginlakeway
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

HTownAg98 said:

No doubt, but when the records are almost identical I can't say it had the "opposite effect" on them

Agree. Only on TexAgs does the same record against inferior competition mean the "opposite effect."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.