In a vacuum

1,070 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bobsterxxx
Sananag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking about going to Hoover, or does it suck like i heard. Maybe better off waiting on regional?
powerbelly
AG
It sucks. Go to Olsen for the regional.
Sananag
powerbelly said:

It sucks. Go to Olsen for the regional.
Thanks, looked kinda lame on tv. last tourney.
KatyAggie01
Done the Hoover thing twice. Not worth it. Only went because I lived close at the time. I'm in Houston now and no way I'd travel there for the tourney.
SchizoAg
AG
Why does it suck?
Outlaw0206
AG
I haven't been, but I believe the stadium is just old and kind of sucks. Built in 1988. Nothing great about Hoover either. Need to move it to a better location.
TAM85
Outlaw0206 said:

I haven't been, but I believe the stadium is just old and kind of sucks. Built in 1988. Nothing great about Hoover either. Need to move it to a better location.
Rotating it among SEC Schools would be cool.
Sananag
SchizoAg said:

Why does it suck?
Seems like a single A minor league stadium with no character. And probably not a lot to do around there?
Wicked Good Ag
TAM85 said:

Outlaw0206 said:

Rotating it among SEC Schools would be cool.
. I would rather see it a minor league ballpark. There are tons of GREAT options in the footprint of the SEC especially when t.u. And OU join eventually

Louisville Memphis Biloxi Greenville OKC Frisco all have great minor league ballparks

You could rotate between 8 stadiums hell even do it two years in a row before going to next facility.
But I love minor league ballparks. I am in the minority but would rather see the super regionals at minor league ballparks personally.
bobsterxxx
AG
I like the venue. It is more than adequate to comfortably seat the fans, concessions are standard ballpark food, basically park at the door, there is a fairly new event center adjacent to the ball park that has activities for all, (bars , food, activities for kids ), there a 6-8 good restaurants/bars within about a mile of the stadium, and plenty of hotels within ten minutes of the park. If you are in to the culinary scene, Birmingham has a excellent culinary reputation.

Oh, btw, I can drive my golf cart to the ballpark, so I could be slightly biased....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.