Sick of Boomer?

9,424 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 85AustinAg
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not every call is going to go the way of our guys, nor is every bang-bang play actually in our favor.
I'd rather a commentator give his honest opinion than act like every call should go our way.
twk
AG
Some of you folks seem to want a fancast, not a broadcast, and need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that you know as little about being a good broadcaster as you do about nuclear physics.

On the subject of Aggie baseball color commentators, I will say this: don't judge any of them by how they sound when paired with Will Johnson; judge them by how they sound working with Andrew Monaco. I think it was game 2 of the USC that I watched significant portions of on demand, and that game, they simulcast the radio play by play on the streaming. Coach Johnson was doing color that day and he sounded like a completely different guy working with Andrew, as opposed to when he works with Will. No offense to Will, but Andrew is a real pro whose experience makes all the difference. A radio play by play guy is more like the director of the broadcast than a just someone doing play by play, and Monaco knows how to control the flow of the broadcast. He brings out the best in the color guys working with him.
Artimus Gordon
I don't mind him at all! A lot of posters just need to relax a little. If that's the only thing wrong with the program in your mind, then we are in great shape!

BTHOOOM!
dermdoc
AG
Tom, with all due respect if they got a "fancaster" they would beech about that also.

Life is too short.

In the airport going to watch the Fightin' Texas Aggies BTHO Ole Miss!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HECUBUS
AG
I like pitchers (not named Ben) as color commentators. The rest of the game is obvious. Former coaches are good too. Then you have announcers that can reel off folksy superlatives that keep you chuckling. "A hook you could hang a night crawler on." I almost prefer those types and misinterpreting the game pitch by pitch on my own. One thing I like about Boomer is he doesn't complain about calls behind the plate. It's a well executed pitch taking advantage of the ump's strike zone. I also like that he's not a blind homer.
twk
AG
dermdoc said:

Tom, with all due respect if they got a "fancaster" they would beech about that also.

Life is too short.

Don't take any crap from the Mississippi aristocracy
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

dermdoc said:

Life is too short.

Don't take any crap from the Mississippi aristocracy
The Hoops are going with us.

We will just be our normal selves. Two lovable fur balls.

BTHO Ole Miss!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Coach Johnson was doing color that day and he sounded like a completely different guy working with Andrew, as opposed to when he works with Will. No offense to Will, but Andrew is a real pro whose experience makes all the difference. A radio play by play guy is more like the director of the broadcast than a just someone doing play by play, and Monaco knows how to control the flow of the broadcast. He brings out the best in the color guys working with him.
Perfectly stated and I agree 100%. If there wasn't a radio/tv lag I'd listen to Monaco.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.