When will Jo Evans be let go?

7,992 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by greg.w.h
agaus01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who thinks that she is gone and who thinks she will get another year?
jkag89
Conjecture based upon how RC was let go, as soon as the Aggie season is officially done. Due to the strength of the SEC in softball, there is still a possibility the team gets a bid to NCAA Tournament.. The selection show for the WCWS will be announced Sunday at 6:00 PM CDT. Don't make the field we could see an announcement early next week.
greg.w.h
AG
No one outside the administration and TMF knows what will happen. Guessing is the only thing anyone can do. I'll note costs are very well understood if she continues until a great replacement is selected. I doubt they'll take years to do that, but both RC and Gary Blair's replacement look very well orchestrated. I expect Jo's will be done delicately like Blair's due to her tenure (no not that tenure) with the University. She might get a victory lap season as well.

Btw: how much did you commit to contribute to the TMF with your removal request to them? Because most of the slowness in change is covering the Covid-19 shortfall and bridging to the new media deal that starts in 2025.
Sq 17
Her contract expires I expect there will be an official announcement when the seasons over that she's not being renewed and her contract runs out while we look for her replacement
dabo man
AG
Quote:

When will Jo Evans be let go?
When it's an astrologically-sound move to make. The AD is more or less run by astrology, you know?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG

Stone44
AG
Any competent athletic director already has her replacement. Her record speaks for itself. We have been floundering in mediocrity for years with little progress. Some on this board constantly make excuses for her but after another pitiful season she has got to go. Look no further than Arkansas as to what a great hire can generate. They won only one conference game four years ago and they won the SEC this season. After the tremendous investment made by our university in softball facilities, staying with this failed leadership would be asinine.
Divining Rod
Man, she had a good set-up here; if a coach cant succeed with THAT….
frenchtoast
If the next coach isn't in the WCWS by season 2, then they need to hit the road. We have national championship resources.
W
AG
yep, it's very, very rare for any A&M coach to be fired (in any sport)...and then go on to have great success elsewhere.

the only coach I can think of was fired more than 50 years ago
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

yep, it's very, very rare for any A&M coach to be fired (in any sport)...and then go on to have great success elsewhere.

the only coach I can think of was fired more than 50 years ago

Definitely not summy!
Let’s Go Brandon!
chrishuff
AG
Agreed!
chrishuff
AG
The SEC is filled with coaches who have less time at their schools and are having way more success than Evans. You think fielding "good" teams is going to cut it when Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC? It will only get worse. She won't play small ball, she's not good at recruiting out of state, no stud pitcher since Scarborough/Gibson, best facilities in the SEC, blah, blah, blah. Hearing her say her kids "fought hard" after every loss is getting old. Their soft non-conference schedule isn't helping, either. Just send her on her way. I appreciate the fact she has run a clean program, but I want to enter a softball season with a reasonable expectation of competing for a conference title/championship and a deep run in the NCAAs...it ain't going to happen with Evans.
cs69ag
AG
Just like WBB, the AD already has the new coach lined up.
Belton Ag
AG
cs69ag said:

Just like WBB, the AD already has the new coach lined up.
There's been some smoke swirling around I noticed. I obviously don't know anything for sure but it seems like something's been in the works for a while.
cs69ag
AG
We are no longer settling for second tier coaches....look at Jimbo, Buzz, Schloss and Joni.
We have all the resources, the support and super recruiting venues not far away.
And in softball, likely the nicest college stadium in the NCAA.
sunshine1
A victory lap would bite us in the same way as what happened in women's basketball and Vic. Stupid idea in both cases. IMHO.
greg.w.h
AG
sunshine1 said:

A victory lap would bite us in the same way as what happened in women's basketball and Vic. Stupid idea in both cases. IMHO.
We were not harmed by the orchestration that led to Joni being hired however long that took. We don't know, in fact, exactly what happened. We just know Blair deserved the victory lap. And Sunshine is an ironic tag for one so bitter.
chick79
AG
Is Amanda Scarborough interested in coaching? Serious question.
Aggies2009
AG
chick79 said:

Is Amanda Scarborough interested in coaching? Serious question.
Last I heard, she gave private coaching lessons. While she'd make an awesome pitching coach and possibly an awesome head coach, I don't know that A&M being her first head coaching gig would be the best idea. It'd be a risk, though it can't get too much worse than it is right now.
_mpaul
AG
Divining Rod said:

Man, she had a good set-up here; if a coach cant succeed with THAT….
She did succeed . . . for a while.
_mpaul
AG
frenchtoast said:

If the next coach isn't in the WCWS by season 2, then they need to hit the road. We have national championship resources.
That seems like a totally reasonable expectation. /Sarcasm
sonnysixkiller
AG
Should have been let go years ago she is a prime example of the bad side of our good old boy system.
Sananag
Like Eddy Raven said " Should have been gone by now "
phatty26
Gigemrunrs said:

Like Eddy Raven said " Should have been gone by now "

Yes
greg.w.h
AG
Be precise. Which year should she have been let go?
Artimus Gordon
Ncaa will throw Jo a last chance bone and send the team to the tu regional or maybe to OU. So it will be a little while before the announcement is made!
powerbelly
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Ncaa will throw Jo a last chance bone and send the team to the tu regional or maybe to OU. So it will be a little while before the announcement is made!
Not really sure that is doing her any favors.
BQ_90
AG
powerbelly said:

Artimus Gordon said:

I bet she gets bonus for making post season so she'll get some extra cush on the way out the door
cevans_40
AG
BQ_90 said:

powerbelly said:

Artimus Gordon said:

I bet she gets bonus for making post season so she'll get some extra cush on the way out the door

Only on an internet message board would you have some clown crying about a coach getting a postseason bonus.
BQ_90
AG
cevans_40 said:

BQ_90 said:

powerbelly said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Only on an internet message board would you have some clown crying about a coach getting a postseason bonus.
Hahahaha, I'm not crying just replying to the post that implied a ncaa bid does her no favors. Clearly a bonus is nice favor. I hope they make it, never know what could happen in post season.
20ag07
Quote:

Hahahaha, I'm not crying just replying to the post that implied a ncaa bid does her no favors. Clearly a bonus is nice favor. I hope they make it, never know what could happen in post season.
Tell me it ain't a dime of your money without telling me…
BQ_90
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

Tell me it ain't a dime of your money without telling me…
It's not a dime of your money either. I've never understood the obsession with that on this site. Nobody on here is donating that kind of coin to think that their donation is actually paying a coaches salary or bonus
Wooahhhh
AG
the timing is discussed in the other 730 threads on the subject.
greg.w.h
AG
Wooahhhh said:

the timing is discussed in the other 730 threads on the subject.
We have a lot of self-loathing to work off…literally a hundred years of Aggie jokes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.