***2022 RPI Tracker***

137,155 Views | 885 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RED AG 98
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
threeanout said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

threeanout said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

threeanout said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

threeanout said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

twk said:

threeanout said:

With the assumption that we don't win the west, what is the general consensus on how high our RPI can be and still host, 1) Host a Super, 2) Host a Regional?
If we don't win the West, then I think we'd have to be 12 or better to be in consideration for a top 8 seed. If we get 18 wins, we're hosting a regional, and I think our RPI would be the teens going into the SEC tournament. Might get one with 17, but it would be dicey, as I think our RPI would be in the 20s (tournament could possibly bump it a little). You never want to count on tournament play to make a difference because it often doesn't, but, occasionally, the committee will use tournament results to justify their seeding.
I don't think so at all. I seriously doubt if we get 18 SEC wins that our RPI will be in the teens. More likely 25-30. Although as others have pointed out, it matters which of our 6 games we win. Therefore I don't think it's a lock that we will host if we get to 18 wins, and it's actually more likely that we will be a 2 seed.
18 wins is a top 20 RPI and a lock to host, book it.
You are dreaming. You think if we go 1-2 vs State and 3-0 vs Ole Miss we are in the top 20?? We won't be top 20 if we go 2-1 vs each team.
We might be right at 20, but we will be top 20 and hosting if we are 18-12 in the SEC. Watch.
We are at # 22 now. Dropped 3 spots tonight after Georgia loss. It's a formula, not a coaches or sportswriter's vote. You can't add 2 + 2 to = 5.

Edit: Correct on Hoover, as it can only help our RPI.
We'll see, I know Kendall Rogers has said 18 wins gets us a host spot easily
This is what he said, focus on the very last part....."if the RPI is in the 20-25 range"

"Having your RPI drop down to 24 because of one loss isn't optimal, but the Aggies are sitting at 14 SEC wins with two weekends to go. If A&M wins both of those series and is sitting at 18 league wins entering the SEC tournament, I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't be a Top 16 host, at minimum, even if the RPI is in the 20-25 range."
What's your point? He said we will be hosting even if the RPI drops. I personally think it won't if we win our last two series plus Hoover coming up after that, but at the end of the day I don't care what the RPI is as long as we are hosting.
You are putting words in his mouth. I don't care what the RPI is either as long as we host, but the guys that select who is hosting do care. The committee will have a hard time selecting a team to host that has an RPI at 25 or above. I do not think it has ever happened.
Our RPI will not be above 25 if we finish 18-12 in the SEC (I am taking into account the games in Hoover too by they way).
dcaggie04
AG
threeanout said:

Nolan has his website updated with his prediction that if we go 18-12 by virtue of sweeping Miss. St. and taking 1 of 3 against Ole Miss that our RPI rank would be #27 to end the regular season. Winning both series 2-1 would give us a lower ranking. I don't think 27 would be high enough to host, so we would most likely need to win a game or two in Hoover.

Any predictions for end of season rpi should be pretty much ignored. They will be based upon one very specific circumstance which will have a very low chance of happening. Plus, this evening predictions would not include conference tourney games.
threeanout
AG
dcaggie04 said:

threeanout said:

Nolan has his website updated with his prediction that if we go 18-12 by virtue of sweeping Miss. St. and taking 1 of 3 against Ole Miss that our RPI rank would be #27 to end the regular season. Winning both series 2-1 would give us a lower ranking. I don't think 27 would be high enough to host, so we would most likely need to win a game or two in Hoover.

Any predictions for end of season rpi should be pretty much ignored. They will be based upon one very specific circumstance which will have a very low chance of happening. Plus, this evening predictions would not include conference tourney games.
It does have a low chance of happening, however if we finish 18-12 this is the best scenario for our RPI. Any other scenario where we end up 18-12, including 2-1 in both series will leave us with a higher RPI. Anything above 18-12 and we are hosting a super. Correct that it doesn't include Hoover, and it may very well include playing IW.
HoustonAg2106
AG
threeanout said:

dcaggie04 said:

threeanout said:

It does have a low chance of happening, however if we finish 18-12 this is the best scenario for our RPI. Any other scenario where we end up 18-12, including 2-1 in both series will leave us with a higher RPI. Anything above 18-12 and we are hosting a super. Correct that it doesn't include Hoover, and it may very well include playing IW.
RPI can't be predicted, there are literally 1,000's of factors that will play out this weekend and next (not to mention conference tournament weekend after that). We are in a very good spot right now, relax and enjoy the show.
threeanout
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

threeanout said:

dcaggie04 said:

threeanout said:

RPI can't be predicted, there are literally 1,000's of factors that will play out this weekend and next (not to mention conference tournament weekend after that). We are in a very good spot right now, relax and enjoy the show.
It can't be predicted???? It sounds like it upsets you when someone makes a prediction that you don't like. If we were "in a very good spot right now", we would not have cancelled the IW game. As Scholss said, "it's all about RPI".
HoustonAg2106
AG
threeanout said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

threeanout said:

dcaggie04 said:

threeanout said:

It can't be predicted???? It sounds like it upsets you when someone makes a prediction that you don't like. If we were "in a very good spot right now", we would not have cancelled the IW game. As Scholss said, "it's all about RPI".
I'm saying we are in a very good spot right now taking into account that we aren't playing the IW game, tied for 2nd in the West and 3rd in the SEC right now is indeed a very good spot by the way. And yes it can't be predicted, every game our opponents play and their opponents play factor into what the RPI is going to do over the next 2-3 weeks. To say Warren Nolan says that if we do "x" we will be "y" is based on one set of factors and not the literally 1,000's that will come into play. I do predict we will host at 18-12 in the SEC because that is what history says will happen.
dermdoc
AG
Watching Louisville and Va Tech. Who should I pull for as regards RPI?
Thanks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gougler08
AG
dermdoc said:

Watching Louisville and Va Tech. Who should I pull for as regards RPI?
Thanks
I assume Va Tech, they are #7 and basically a lock to host and it feels like the group of 10-30 is very tightly bunched so having Louisville lose would make them fall a bit most likely
dermdoc
AG
1-1 in the third. Rain delay.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAggie2011
AG
Louisville will really have to screw things up to not host at this point.

Clemson vs Virginia and Miami vs Florida State are probably more consequential to A&M right now than the Louisville vs Virginia Tech series

Need Miami to take care of business and it'd be great if Clemson could pull off a couple of wins
RED AG 98
AG
Awful luck for VaTech there -- a dropped 3rd strike that hits the batter's back leg and caroms nearly all the way to the dugout... Runner scores all the way from 2B and batter advances all the way to 2B on the pass.

Now 2-1 Louisville in still top 6th.
gougler08
AG
Moved up to 21 with our win, and if Vandy holds on that will be good
RED AG 98
AG
Vandy pulls it off

USM loses to UTSA

Gonzaga down 1 in the 8th to Santa Clara

threeanout
AG
If Santa Clara holds on that should give us a little boost.
W
AG
huge jump for Stanford into the top 20
threeanout
AG
Friggin' Gonzaga scores two in the bottom of the ninth to beat Santa Clara 3-2.
threeanout
AG
Back down to # 22. Don't know if that was the result of the Gonzaga win or not.
t - cam
AG
Just win out. We'll finish the season as national champs.

dermdoc
AG
So Georgia loses again to Tennessee and improves their RPI by two spots.

Something is wrong when you are rewarded for losing. And penalized for winning.
AggiesinNC
AG
It is not the rating but the actual RPI score that is leading to movements. Note how tightly bunched 16-26 are currently (based on Boyds World Pseduo-RPIs):

Rank Rating Team
1 0.628 Tennessee
2 0.623 Oregon State
3 0.603 Vanderbilt
4 0.598 Georgia
5 0.597 Auburn
6 0.597 Miami, Florida
7 0.596 Notre Dame
8 0.595 Oklahoma State
9 0.595 Louisville
10 0.595 Georgia Southern
11 0.594 Dallas Baptist
12 0.593 Virginia Tech
13 0.589 Florida
14 0.588 Maryland
15 0.587 Virginia
16 0.585 Florida State
17 0.585 Gonzaga
18 0.585 Louisiana State
19 0.584 Clemson
20 0.584 Stanford
21 0.584 Texas
22 0.584 Texas A&M
23 0.581 Wake Forest
24 0.580 North Carolina
25 0.580 Oregon
26 0.580 Wofford
gougler08
AG
dermdoc said:

The good news is that Georgia most likely can't host with that losing conference record and we beat Vandy head to head so gotta think we have an edge their too unless they sweep Arky (but then we have a clear edge over the pigs)
dermdoc
AG
gougler08 said:

dermdoc said:

The good news is that Georgia most likely can't host with that losing conference record and we beat Vandy head to head so gotta think we have an edge their too unless they sweep Arky (but then we have a clear edge over the pigs)
And that begs the question, why is Georgia's RPI better than ours with a worse conference record than us? And we won the series in Athens?

It is illogical that an actual win is worse for your RPI than a conference loss against a high ranked team. And we have zero control over the conference schedule.

Chrundle the Great
AG
gougler08 said:

dermdoc said:

Georgia's still got a series vs Mizzou to get back ahead in the sec standings. Maybe not national seed caliber, but I can see 16-14 still being a regional host with their resume.
threeanout
AG
Georgia will host if they are a top 12 RPI team. They are not going to getting penalized for their losses to UT in Knoxville. They will get penalized if they lose at home next weekend to Mizzou. Reason why we needed Georgia to win this weekend and not UT, it just helps our RPI which we need.
Eike Mlko
Ole miss beats LSU and our SOS drops from 11 to 17 and we drop a spot to 22
Luke The Drifter
AG
Texagtrojan said:

That will all wash out after we play Ole Miss next weekend.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
I prefer having a better SEC record than the Dawgs on top of our series win over them. I don't expect Mizzou to help with that.
Chrundle the Great
AG
I disagree, I think we are in contention with Georgia for one of the SEC's national seeds (probably of 3).

Vols are a lock, Arkansas is a probably, and then it's us, Georgia, Auburn and LSU competing for the last spot.
RED AG 98
AG
I agree and think that's the correct way to look at it. Add Vandy to the second group of 4 IMO even if their chances are slim. Their RPI is already top 3 and they finish with Pig and LSU. Sweep both and they are in the discussion and importantly, LSU and maybe Pig are removed. Fun times.

And now let's BTHO Clanga!
HoustonAg2106
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Texagtrojan said:

LOL exactly, people on here are so reactionary to everything all the time...we will be exactly where we are supposed to be when all the cards are dealt after the conference tournament. Tracking RPI daily is like watching your 401k daily, total waste of time.
threeanout
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

I disagree, I think we are in contention with Georgia for one of the SEC's national seeds (probably of 3).

Vols are a lock, Arkansas is a probably, and then it's us, Georgia, Auburn and LSU competing for the last spot.

No, for us to be in contention for a National Seed we have to sweep State and then go at least 2-1 against Ole Miss. If we do, we are in as a top 8 and if we don't it doesn't matter what Georgia does.
threeanout
AG
jkag89 said:

I prefer having a better SEC record than the Dawgs on top of our series win over them. I don't expect Mizzou to help with that.

Sure, I would prefer to have a better record than UGA but my comments are selfish and based solely upon us hosting a regional. If we sweep State we have very little to worry about. If we don't, then we have to be very concerned about our RPI. UGA beating UT helps our RPI and helps our chances of hosting. Again, my comments are all about hosting a regional.
TXAggie2011
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Arkansas is not a probably for a national seed right now.

Vanderbilt is 100% in the conversation. If they win either one of their two remaining series, I think they're a lock to host and will have an outside chance at a national seed. Although, they'd do well to win a couple games in Hoover to help out their resume
TXAggie2011
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Texagtrojan said:

LOL exactly, people on here are so reactionary to everything all the time...we will be exactly where we are supposed to be when all the cards are dealt after the conference tournament. Tracking RPI daily is like watching your 401k daily, total waste of time.

I just wish folks would be halfway consistent about their individual complaints. The problem with RPI seems to change every day based on how A&M fared that day
Luke The Drifter
AG
With 2 out in the top of the 9th, we've moved up to 19 in the RPI. I got nuthin'…the RPI is a strange beast.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.