I felt pretty good after last weekend…

7,792 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 75AG
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And now this debacle
trouble
AG
I have a feeling it's going to be that way all spring, my friend
aginlakeway
AG
This wasn't a debacle. But it was a setback.

Fyi. LSU just won a series at Florida.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
rather be fishing
AG
It's an above mediocre team with some bright spots and some glaring holes. Going to be at the bottom of the conference standings most likely.

Shouldn't differ too much from expectations of Schloss year 1.
CampingAg
AG
I have to say I'm surprised by our offense. I thought we'd struggle to score. Hasn't been the case so far. Pitching on the other hand has been as advertised, and that's bad.
chick79
AG
This team is really not that good. Schloss needs another couple of years. We'll be fine. The fact that we are .500 in SEC play is amazing actually. If we finish SEC play at .400 or better I'd consider that a win.
trouble
AG
It's hard to stop the optimism from rolling when we take 2 outta 3 on the road though. Your brain knows who we are but the heart just won't listen.
Luke The Drifter
AG
We knew this would be a tough year. Schloss has his work cut out for him and it ain't an overnight fix. Enjoy the (likely) few highs we have this year and just know we'll have to continue to rebuild in the off-season.

I was a Childress fan for a long time, but he did us no favors with the lack of talent and culture he left behind.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dermdoc
AG
Key injuries have not helped.

Would have been nice to have Hogan and Curtis in the pen today. Not to mention Werner and Kalae.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
gopitt said:

Baseball is a sore spot for A&M. No matter the hire the mediocrity continues. I'll take Buzz and the hoopers. We all can see real progress with the right coach. Same with Jimbo and the progression in football.
Baseball is nowhere and has been for a long time. Sad.
Terrible take. Sounds like a sip.
Love Buzz. Shouldn't you give Schloss the same time Buzz has been given?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
_mpaul
AG
gopitt said:

Baseball is a sore spot for A&M. No matter the hire the mediocrity continues. I'll take Buzz and the hoopers. We all can see real progress with the right coach. Same with Jimbo and the progression in football.

And yet people were proclaiming Buzz a failure midseason.
dermdoc
AG
Strange he didn't post after we won the LSU series.

HoustonAg2106
AG
15-15 will be a pretty good season in year 1 and so far we are on track
powerbelly
AG
75AG said:

And now this debacle

It wasn't a debacle.
75AG
AG
powerbelly said:

75AG said:

And now this debacle

It wasn't a debacle.
Probably the wrong word. However, with two bullpen collapses in two late-inning winnable games, I'll accept your word.
aggiepaintrain
AG
The NIT- are you KIDDING me?
That is success????
dermdoc
AG
Like I posted, I love Buzz.

But Schloss's record and CWS appearances to me trump anything Buzz has done.

Guy has been here less than a year and has lost 2 key pitchers and everyday players to injury.

You might want to tap the brakes a little, my friend.

I am confident Schloss will get it done.
Icecream_Ag
S
gopitt said:

er meh gawd baseballs not undefeated in year 1 of a total rebuild. We hired the wrong coach!!! Burn down the AD and fire Olsen!!!!
W
AG
what also adds to the disappointment...and this goes back to a discussion from a couple of years ago...

while Blue Bell Park has been great for fans and great for attendance...it basically plays as a neutral field against SEC competition.

looking at the last 5 seasons (2017 to 2022)...A&M has played 21 conference series at BBP.

the Ags' series record is 9-11-1

15 of those 21 series have gone to a Sunday / series finale rubber game at BBP.

A&M's record in those rubber games is 6-8-1

dermdoc
AG
W said:

what also adds to the disappointment...and this goes back to a discussion from a couple of years ago...

while Blue Bell Park has been great for fans and great for attendance...it basically plays as a neutral field against SEC competition.

looking at the last 5 seasons (2017 to 2022)...A&M has played 21 conference series at BBP.

Agree. But can we just give Schloss a chance?
Aggies2009
AG
Yeeeahhh the atmosphere isn't what it used to be and is only moving the wrong direction IMHO.
Aggies2009
AG
dermdoc said:

gopitt said:

Why that loser is allowed to be on this site is beyond me.

He's like this in football too. Shows up when A&M loses, whines, beetches, didn't go to A&M, and when we win he disappears. It's an absolute joke and one big reason I no longer subscribe.
dermdoc
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Yeeeahhh the atmosphere isn't what it used to be and is only moving the wrong direction IMHO.
Disagree. I think considering the level of play attendance has been great.

Lots of enthusiasm also.

Just because they do not do it exactly the same way they did when I was there does not mean that is a bad thing.
Aggies2009
AG
dermdoc said:

Aggies2009 said:

Disagree. I think considering the level of play attendance has been great.

Lots of enthusiasm also.

Just because they do not do it exactly the same way they did when I was there does not mean that is a bad thing.
That's fair.

Start blasting HRs and smacking teams and the excitement will follow.

Hoping that starts with some of the awesome recruits we're getting.
dermdoc
AG
Aggies2009 said:

dermdoc said:

gopitt said:

Why that loser is allowed to be on this site is beyond me.

He's like this in football too. Shows up when A&M loses, whines, beetches, didn't go to A&M, and when we win he disappears. It's an absolute joke and one big reason I no longer subscribe.
I kind of like him on here so people can see the difference between Aggies and everybody else. And seriously, think how sad your life must be if you post like that. I feel sorry for him.

BTHO tu!
Hearne_Ag
AG
gopitt said:

You're a sore spot for TexAgs, be gone troll...
aginlakeway
AG
dermdoc said:

gopitt said:

He's been banned for being overly negative recently ...

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3275454/replies/61588803#61588803
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
HearneAg21 said:

gopitt said:

Maybe staff will increase the penalty ...

dermdoc
AG
aginlakeway said:

dermdoc said:

gopitt said:

He's been banned for being overly negative recently ...

Let him post. Just reveals who he is.

BTHO tu!
Aggies2009
AG
aginlakeway said:

HearneAg21 said:

gopitt said:

Maybe staff will increase the penalty ...

Yeah. Looks like they really scared the **** out of him. Here he is doing it again.
sharpdressedman
dermdoc said:

W said:

I was convinced, and remain so, that Schloss was an excellent hire and the best of the coaches who appeared to be available. I strongly agree with "give him a chance." This season may become a throwaway, but it's only year 1 for a new coach with a proven record of success.
Aggies2009
AG
sharpdressedman said:

dermdoc said:

W said:

I was convinced, and remain so, that Schloss was an excellent hire and the best of the coaches who appeared to be available. I strongly agree with "give him a chance." This season may become a throwaway, but it's only year 1 for a new coach with a proven record of success.

Yep. Just look at the talent he's already got to commit here.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggies2009 said:

sharpdressedman said:

dermdoc said:

W said:

Yep. Just look at the talent he's already got to commit here.

For those of us that don't follow baseball recruiting, what does our recruiting class look like right now?
twk
AG
This is the result you get when you are asking guys to do things that they aren't ready to do. About the only 2 guys on the pitching staff who are in their appropriate slots and performing at high levels are Dallas as the Saturday starter and Palish as first guy out of the pen. Dettmer probably ought to have been a Sunday starter this year, but he's being asked to be a Friday night guy. Prager should probably have been a Tuesday starter or weekend bullpen guy this year. Cortez should not be in the situation where we are asking him to be our closer. So, basically, 2 guys (a true Friday ace and a shut down closer) would dramatically change the shape of this staff, but we don't have those guys because the talent pipeline was running dry. It will take a year or two to fill it. That's why we made a change.
SABUILDERAG
Bump because I agreed with most of what was posted here. Not a good team, Was going to get kicked around all spring, etc. Wasn't giving up on Schloss, but I was afraid this season might create a loss of momentum that might slow down his rebuild.

Welp. Happy to eat crow. This team has really come together. Can't wait to see what they do the rest of the way.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.