2023 Shriners Classic

12,138 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Lonestar_Ag09
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mentioned during the UT/OU broadcast:
Fightin' Texas Aggies
tech
TCU
Michigan
Louisville
Rice
JDay
My guess for the Aggies draw:

Friday afternoon vs Tech
Saturday night vs TCU
Sunday night vs Rice
CrocsAg20
AG
Love to play tech, frogs, and Louisville
jkag89
JDay said:

My guess for the Aggies draw:

Friday afternoon vs Tech
Saturday night vs TCU
Sunday night vs Rice

Yeah, probably, I rather not see us face Rice in this tournament and play either L'ville or Michigan both teams we rarely face.. I figure the Owls will face the other three Texas schools for attendance reasons.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Glad we avoid going there to play Sam, Texas State, and A&M-Corpus.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
tjack16
AG
Give me this schedule and I'll be very happy

Friday night vs Michigan
Saturday night vs TCU
Sunday afternoon vs Tech or Louisville
Leander - Ag
safety guy
AG
The lsu texas crowd looked pretty big for the event.
goose91
AG
Would rather us play in Round Rock again. MM is a sh*t show.
Luke The Drifter
AG
safety guy said:

The lsu texas crowd looked pretty big for the event.

Two of the top four (Arkansas and Mississippi State being the other two) biggest and best college baseball fan bases in the country meeting at a site between Austin and Baton Rouge. Oh, and both are top 10 teams this year. It's great to see such interest in college baseball - great for the game.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
tjack16
AG
goose91 said:

Looks like it's been a success this weekend.
jkag89
goose91 said:

Hardly. As long as there is a strong field it is a fun event with the only reoccurring problem being that the games are usually pushed back with the night cap often starting an hour or more after the scheduled time.
annie88
AG
goose91 said:

Disagree. It's a good stadium, easy to access, near lots of bars and restaurants.
dermdoc
AG
Minute Maid is our fave.

Lots of walking distance hotels and restaurants.

Loved the Round Rock stadium but the only hotel walking distance last time was the Kalahari which was nice but pricey.

They were building a Laquinta right next to the stadium so maybe it is open now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
And Frisco is not bad. Lots of hotel options walking distance and a Perry's Steakhouse right across the street,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Plus I am buds with one of the top Shriners. The Grand Pubha.

And I have my grand dad's Shriner fez.
swimmerbabe11
are any of yall here tonight?

minute Maid classic is always fun imo
AggieBand2004
AG
The good guys are in Frisco, silly
swimmerbabe11
and my team was in Kentucky, doesn't mean it's not fun to watch baseball in person when you can get it!
swimmerbabe11
I look forward to TCU and A&M playing approximately 100 inning of baseball next year though
Basketball and Chain
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Glad we avoid going there to play Sam, Texas State, and A&M-Corpus.

We still have Rice. Early on, they're positioning themselves well for their 5th straight losing season. Really no reason to include them anymore unless/until they can get it together.

Drawing them instead of Michigan or L'ville will be a letdown.
Gap
AG
Rice should definitely be a Tuesday game for us and not a weekend game at a tournament in Houston when national competition is involved and has made the trip down to Texas.
12th Man Ag
AG
Since Rice is due to visit Olsen next year, I would hope we draw Michigan or Louisville, TCU, and Tech.
Luke The Drifter
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Since Rice is due to visit Olsen next year, I would hope we draw Michigan or Louisville, TCU, and Tech.

I would hope for Michigan, Louisville, then TCU or tech.
AggieBand2004
AG
I'm not too excited about facing Louisville. They are a quality non-con opponent, but usually seem to be a team full of jackasses, much like the Okie Lite teams of the Tom Holliday years.
tjack16
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Id hope so too. But in 2019 we did play UH at Minute Maid and then in the midweek. So hopefully they don't do that again with Rice in 2023
Wicked Good Ag
Likely have TCU but I Can also see it being too soon for the players and coaches for both teams.

My ideal is

Tech
Michigan
Louisville but the only pairing you won't have for sure is Tech TCU
tjack16
AG
If we played the Horns at MMP next season instead of TCU would we beat this record?
Luke The Drifter
AG
tjack16 said:

If we played the Horns at MMP next season instead of TCU would we beat this record?

Nope, not even close. I mean, there would be a good crowd, but A&M fans are a notoriously poor traveling fan base. We don't come anywhere close to stacking up to what LSU and Texas do, especially in baseball.

AggieBand2004
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

tjack16 said:

Nope, not even close. I mean, there would be a good crowd, but A&M fans are a notoriously poor traveling fan base. We don't come anywhere close to stacking up to what LSU and Texas do, especially in baseball.

Nvm, misread
12thMan9
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

tjack16 said:

Right, A&M largest alumni metro area wouldn't be interested in watching a baseball game b/w us & our hated rival.
Ronnie '88
swimmerbabe11
I get your point, but there are also tons of cajuns in Houston + their traveling fanbase.
Combine that with Texas living up to the hype so far this season.. it was a perfect recipe for a record.
swimmerbabe11
besides, with Texas joining the SEC aren't yall supposed to be rooting for them or something.
SEC SEC SEC
jkag89
Never!
AggieBand2004
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

besides, with Texas joining the SEC aren't yall supposed to be rooting for them or something.
SEC SEC SEC

Watch it, toots
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.