Softball Exhibition Games

3,007 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Belton Ag
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to the first exhibition game today against tu. Looked like some players were held out, but all 4 freshmen played. Not sure of the format of the game as it was going to the 10th inning when I left, and for 4 innings the inning started with a runner on base. 4 players wore different numbers than was shown on 12thman.com but there was a roster sheet at the information window on the 3rd base side. Next exhibition scheduled for Wednesday at 4.
MadDog73
AG
How did we look; pitching, hitting and fielding?
RGbadger
Aggie softball looked great through 8 innings and had scored more runs (4to 2) than UT. Our pitching was impressive!
SeenNotHeard
AG
I am not sure if all fall ball games will be like today. Today was 5 regular innings. Then 5 innings of "situational".

The number changes are just fall changes. Happens every year before they get new uniforms in.
mullokmotx
AG
Gallegos only had 1 AB last year but hit a ground-rule double to right-center. Then she played 3rd and made a nice play on a squiber in front of the plate. Herzog hit a homer to right-center. Wooley played center.
lbasham
AG
Any idea who the young lady is missing in all the team pictures is? Is she still on the team? The roster has 18 and there is 17 in the pictures. Thanks
Scarborough Ag
SeenNotHeard
AG
What picture are you referring to?

lbasham said:

Any idea who the young lady is missing in all the team pictures is? Is she still on the team? The roster has 18 and there is 17 in the pictures. Thanks
lbasham
AG
All the latest team pictures on the team twitter and instagram account have only 17 players, whereas the roster has 19. Thanks for the reply.
Scarborough Ag
SeenNotHeard
AG
Herzog is missing from one of the pictures. Warren is missing from the other one.

Only 18 on the roster. 17 in each picture.
lbasham
AG
Thanks
Scarborough Ag
SenorAG
AG
This is great to hear our pitching hasn't been dominating in a while. I think the last dominant pitcher in the circle I remember is Show before she transferred.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Show wasn't dominant in the circle before she transferred. It was the expectation, but not the reality.
SenorAG
AG
you're right she didn't post Jennie Finch sub 1 era numbers but she did post a low 2 era. We haven't been able to recruit pitching for a while now. I think Jo is a fine coach, but I also believe that her recruiting ability has faltered significantly in the last couple of years.
Belton Ag
AG
SenorAG said:

you're right she didn't post Jennie Finch sub 1 era numbers but she did post a low 2 era. We haven't been able to recruit pitching for a while now. I think Jo is a fine coach, but I also believe that her recruiting ability has faltered significantly in the last couple of years.
I actually think it's the reverse of that.

I think her recruiting has been getting better, mostly due to the new facilities and other factors.

Her coaching ability has faltered in the last few years. She's had a lot of talent on campus in the last 3-4 years, but roster mismanagement, poor pitching coaching and transfers have hindered the program.

Barring some kind of miracle turnaround which I just don't see happening, my opinion is that this will be Evans' last year as softball coach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.