Dance Team

10,151 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 75AG
honky60
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really enjoyed watching the Aggie Dance Team tonight at the Baseball game, crowd loved it, great addition
BQ_90
AG
I would say indifferent. Upper deck can't see them anyway
LOYAL AG
AG
You're definitely overstating their reception. It was...awkward. I won't be excited to be sitting there with Mrs. LOYAL AG as the dance team is shaking their asses 20 feet in front of us. The students might enjoy it but as BQ pointed out they can't see them. It just seems strange to put 5-6 girls my daughters age in front of people mostly their parents age and have them dance. Felt out of place.

The net did give it a nice peep show feel, though.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
JoeAG
AG
Good point. We should have middle aged dancers.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Sounds perfect for you
Lance Uppercut
AG
I thought the OP was trolling at first
mwm
No. Just plain "no".
Luke The Drifter
AG
Schloss had them at TCU games, dancing on the dugouts, throwing t-shirts, etc. Kind of like they do at MLB games.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
greg.w.h
AG
We need butts in seats. And they need to win fans. So…
ensign_beedrill
AG
We've got Diamond Darlings throwing out T-shirts. We don't need dancing on dugouts.
ptothemo
AG
Yep, can you imagine "I'm A Little Teapot" as some uptempo dance song. Don't want it, don't need it.
Luke The Drifter
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

We've got Diamond Darlings throwing out T-shirts. We don't need dancing on dugouts.

Not saying I'm in favor of it. Just pointing out that Schloss has a precedent.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
twk
AG
I went to Arkansas once and got a ticket on row 2 behind the A&M dugout. Ended up sitting next to the family of one of the dancing girls (although she wasn't dancing that week due to an injury), but it was really kind of awkward. Felt like I should have had a stack of $1's. Don't get me wrong--I enjoyed seeing the eye candy, but frankly, when I go to Arkansas, I enjoy seeing them milling around on the concourse more than the actual dancing.
Aggie
AG
Wait … what?
jc97
AG
Isn't that what Diamond Darlings are for?

Kinda cute girl next door vibe but with baseball knowledge?

I'll take that choice all day long.

KaneIsAble
AG
My row 1 seats behind the dugout just got a tick more interesting.
AggieFan8888
AG
I think the dance team is a nice addition to the baseball program at Texas A&M. I think the girls are very entertaining and fun to watch. Schlossnagle needs to put a bug into Jimbo's ear to add these girls on the sidelines of football games. Keep the yell leaders, just add the dance team. The more Aggie Spirit, the better!
Luke The Drifter
AG
I support what the players want. Maybe the dance team at baseball or rap music at Kyle Field isn't my thing...but if it gets the players fired up or gets better recruits to campus, then I'll support it.

greg.w.h
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

I support what the players want. Maybe the dance team at baseball or rap music at Kyle Field isn't my thing...but if it gets the players fired up or gets better recruits to campus, then I'll support it.

Stop bring pragmatic. It's creepy.
yell_on_6th st
AG
So, a bunch of y'all are opposed to hot girls dancing? What in the ever livin hell is going on up in here?
KaneIsAble
AG
It's because they're old and a bunch look like their daughters or daughters friends. I get it; my oldest is 15 years from me being in the same boat so I'll be on your team for at least another 10.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
LSU does it and I thought it was great!
Buzzy
AggieFan8888 said:

I think the dance team is a nice addition to the baseball program at Texas A&M. I think the girls are very entertaining and fun to watch. Schlossnagle needs to put a bug into Jimbo's ear to add these girls on the sidelines of football games. Keep the yell leaders, just add the dance team. The more Aggie Spirit, the better!
Aggie Dance Team already walks out carrying flags for the entrance, they've been doing it for several years now. Where were you?

We don't need cheerleaders on the sidelines at football games, other than the DJ, our gameday is fine, no need to break it any more than it already is with that idiot who thinks he's at a basketball game playing music every second.

Other than pathetic thirsty losers with a lecherous need to see scantily clad young women, I've yet to hear a good season for cheerleaders at A&M football games.

Wild West Pimp Style
sburg2007
Turning Olsen into Lupton Stadium. Get ready for a stupid huge logo painted in center field as well.
ptothemo
AG
Or maybe the four consecutive CWS logos on the outfield wall.
Luke The Drifter
AG
ptothemo said:

This is an interesting take. No one - and I mean NO ONE - loves Olsen Field more than I do. But have we had the success we think we should/could have? Maybe some changes are in order.

sburg2007
How's he gonna get there when he doesnt have the aggies to beat? hmm
twk
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

ptothemo said:

This is an interesting take. No one - and I mean NO ONE - loves Olsen Field more than I do. But have we had the success we think we should/could have? Maybe some changes are in order.

If somebody wants the dance team there, I don't have a problem with that, but I also think its OK for people to be critical of it. It doesn't have to be 100% change nothing vs. every new change is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As I touched on, above, I enjoyed seeing the dance team in Arkansas milling around the concourse more than the actual routine. The times I've been up there, I've either been uncomfortably close (right behind the dugout) or too far away to really appreciate the dancing (way down in the RF corner). It's sort of a goldilocks thing with the dance team--you want to be not too close, but not too distant either. I think my seats in row 8 of the first deck behind the first base dugout might fall in that sweet spot, but we shall see.

The primary change I'm looking forward to is winning. If some other ancillary changes need to be made in pursuit of that goal, that's OK by me, just indulge my inner curmudgeon and let me gripe about some of them from time to time. Remember, Old Army really has gone to Hell.
ptothemo
AG
ETA - This is not intended to be directed at any person or post on here. It's not a rebuttal or anything like that. It's just generalized commentary.

My point of view here is that it's really easy to conflate a whole bunch of things together to the point that we end up in some death loop of rationalized arguments.

I love Olsen and the environment there in the way that I know it. I love the cadence of the songs that are played before the game, I love the grass mowed meticulously in a very traditional manner, my ring is bare on the bottom side from tapping 6-4-3 on metal bars over the years, the ball five chant is always too damn fast, etc. etc. I am that guy just as much, if not more, than others.

All that being said, my standards for the baseball program start and end with this: players and coaches who are good representatives of our University and who win games. There are lots of things that I want to supplement and complement those two standards, but I'm also realistic enough to know that things change with time. I may not like it, but they just do. The two standards noted above should not change, so I just keep it simple and stick with those.

Kind of preachy and just my personal take, but that's what it boils down to for me.
ftworthag02
AG
Boom! (omaha trips on outfield wall)
As several above posters have stated, we all love the in game traditions at Olsen whether its ball 5 chant, guessing engines, the rifleman, born to run being played as Schloss goes to the mound, war hymn going to 9th, get in your box (a little old), etc. but we also need to remember that Coach Schloss was hired to turn this program around and get us to Omaha. He has to be one of the top 5 coaches in the nation. He respects all of our traditions but at the same time he knows what it takes to recruit the top players across the country (just follow Ryan Brauninger or Schloss on twitter) and he also knows what it takes to make it a fun environment for fans of all ages and to fill Olsen every weekend. If you don't want to look at the beautiful Aggie dance team then just stare at your phone for a couple minutes or talk to your spouse or friends. HA!
Bucketrunner
I might be more positive about it if the dances were a little less suggestive

Yeah, I'm old.
Buzzy
Bucketrunner said:

I might be more positive about it if the dances were a little less suggestive

Yeah, I'm old.
You realize you're the one sexualizing the dance moves, not the dancers, right?
Wild West Pimp Style
Bucketrunner
That's why church dance teams use those same moves
twk
AG
Bucketrunner said:

What?
Buzzy
Bucketrunner said:

Your church has a dance team?
Wild West Pimp Style
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.