3 More Leave Aggie Softball

6,377 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Artimus Gordon
BigBubbaAggie82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Taudria Sinnie, Kayla Garcia and Maddie Jatzlau all recently decided to leave Aggie Softball.

2 are in the portal. However Jatzlau who I should also mention was the sacred #12 is not.

One might ask themselves why. Especially a kid who was selected to wear the coveted #12 would step away from the program and sport all together it seems. Those of us who know how difficult it is be selected for that number know there has to be a huge and unbearable reason.

And before you Jo defenders come head hunting saying they should have stuck it out, keep in mind all 3 are seniors. Sinnie who's still one of the fastest base runners in the nation no doubt will be valuable to any team. Garcia saw limited action in 2021 as a pinch hitter and DP. Jatzlau was also a speedy and talented base runner but more importantly was the heart and balance of the team.

Aggie Softball is clearly on the bottom rung of Bjork and Jeff Tool's priority list. This team is imploding day by day under Evans and no one seems to care.
BQ_90
AG
Since when has wearing #12 outside football team been "special"

Look the AD has shown with Childress that he's letting contracts run out then move on
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

And before you Jo defenders come head hunting saying they should have stuck it out, keep in mind all 3 are seniors. Sinnie who's still one of the fastest base runners in the nation no doubt will be valuable to any team. Garcia saw limited action in 2021 as a pinch hitter and DP. Jatzlau was also a speedy and talented base runner but more importantly was the heart and balance of the team.

I don't know any details, but maybe here is your answer. All 3 were fringe roster players who combined has 60ish appearances last season.

Typically, players in this situation are either looking for an opportunity to have a senior year where they just get to play the sport they love or are looking to have a lower key senior year (in Madi's case).

Look, there's no defense of Jo there and I know there are problems with the program. But you're digging here to make something out of, with all due respect to these girls who worked hard for the program, 3 inconsequential players.
Wicked Good Ag
I don't follow softball like I do other sports but probably more than the casual Aggie fan.

All I hear on this board is how bad the talent level is and we can't recruit until we get a new coach , the culture sucks, Evans has to go, we don't have SEC level players

If that is the case and they could not get on the field as backups to the non SEC level players that started then is it a bad thing ?? Turnover was high in baseball. This coming season will say if that is a good or bad thing

I think people know after what happened to Childress that we are simply going to let the contact run out and go a different direction. Barring a miracle run this is Evans last season likely. Just have it play out and understand that non starters hit the portal in all sports now. Especially if they are about to graduate
They entered after the school semester starts so they left the program but got scholarship money to finish school
Colt98
AG
Jatzlau did the right thing and left before school started so she did not take up scholarship money. Thinking the team is down around 17 players now, barely enough to intersquad. I would think they will attempt to pick up a transfer or 2 before the spring. Will be interesting to see how that goes, the transfer portal has not been good to Aggie softball. I do think this will be the best team we've had in the last 4 years.
Ag4eva95
Let's be honest. these three were NOT going to contribute on a consistent scale. More than likely they end up at a mid major. This program has not imploded. The majority returns this year and are bringing in a stacked recruiting class.

Let's wait to judge until after this season. There is hope for now.
BigBubbaAggie82
Colt98 said:

Jatzlau did the right thing and left before school started so she did not take up scholarship money. Thinking the team is down around 17 players now, barely enough to intersquad. I would think they will attempt to pick up a transfer or 2 before the spring. Will be interesting to see how that goes, the transfer portal has not been good to Aggie softball. I do think this will be the best team we've had in the last 4 years.

Well Jo has entertained several notable players over the summer who all chose other schools. Im not too confident any players that can help the program are willing to play for her.
BigBubbaAggie82
cbmik95 said:

Let's be honest. these three were NOT going to contribute on a consistent scale. More than likely they end up at a mid major. This program has not imploded. The majority returns this year and are bringing in a stacked recruiting class.

Let's wait to judge until after this season. There is hope for now.

Expect to hear more of the same.
"We have a young team". (Evans)
BigBubbaAggie82
Wicked Good Ag said:

I don't follow softball like I do other sports but probably more than the casual Aggie fan.

All I hear on this board is how bad the talent level is and we can't recruit until we get a new coach , the culture sucks, Evans has to go, we don't have SEC level players

If that is the case and they could not get on the field as backups to the non SEC level players that started then is it a bad thing ?? Turnover was high in baseball. This coming season will say if that is a good or bad thing

I think people know after what happened to Childress that we are simply going to let the contact run out and go a different direction. Barring a miracle run this is Evans last season likely. Just have it play out and understand that non starters hit the portal in all sports now. Especially if they are about to graduate
They entered after the school semester starts so they left the program but got scholarship money to finish school

Regardless of production Evans has shown she has favorites and will ride with them regardless of BA, errors, ERA or any standard measurement of performance that any other creditable coaches would use.

That's why players leave. Full stop

There's no competition nor measurement to earn a place on the field, only her picks and chooses. How has that worked out? It's also interesting that almost every player who's left has done extremely well at their next school. What does that say?
Ag4eva95
Regardless of the turnover, this year is very promising. Strong pitching staff, great in fielding recruits, returning batting experience. If she fails this year, then you can be concerned and can vouch for a firing.
ironmanag
AG
cbmik95 said:

Regardless of the turnover, this year is very promising. Strong pitching staff, great in fielding recruits, returning batting experience. If she fails this year, then you can be concerned and can vouch for a firing.
So Jo is on the Rob Childress plan +10?
94chem
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Regardless of production Evans has shown she has favorites and will ride with them regardless of BA, errors, ERA or any standard measurement of performance that any other creditable coaches would use.

Would have made a fine baseball coach.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Aggies2009
AG
I think that 109 of OPs 111 posts on this site are to complain about Evans not playing their kid.

That's what their posts read like, anyway. Lol at them going to the football board to bring up Evans there.

Anyway, I agree with the above poster who basically said that if Evans doesn't have a big year this season, her contract will expire and we'll move on ala Childress.
greg.w.h
AG
I find it amusing that the attacks on Jo sound like girls not getting along. I know that sounds sexist. I've accused the grippers on the football board of being envious which is the equivalent male shortcoming.

Look: say what you want. This was a tough year financially for the athletic department. They were given in effect a 20 million plus loan against the 2025 contract when ESPN starts broadcasting over the air nationwide instead of CBS. We have every reason to believe that sorts itself out and a LOT of investment went into finishing Davis.

Let it play out. Maybe she wins a WCWS. She has the players this year to do that if pitching holds up. Yes I know we have stuttered on offense. But a lot of that was holes in pitching.
BigBubbaAggie82
Aggies2009 said:

I think that 109 of OPs 111 posts on this site are to complain about Evans not playing their kid.

That's what their posts read like, anyway. Lol at them going to the football board to bring up Evans there.

Anyway, I agree with the above poster who basically said that if Evans doesn't have a big year this season, her contract will expire and we'll move on ala Childress.
I'll give you a star and agree with that one however not the case here. No kid just been a fan of the program for sometime and know several of the parents past and present.

Sad if they are taking the "expiration date" approach. One more year to kill recruiting.
TXAggie2011
AG
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

Aggies2009 said:

I'll give you a star and agree with that one however not the case here. No kid just been a fan of the program for sometime and know several of the parents past and present.

Sad if they are taking the "expiration date" approach. One more year to kill recruiting.
FWIW, I think recruiting was pretty good this last cycle even though there was a big question mark over the program
mullokmotx
AG
The current roster has 18 players with 4 true freshmen. Last year at this time the roster had 27 players, and I remember Kelbi Fortenberry saying there were only 25 lockers. Jourdyn Campbell is on Louisiana's roster and Ashley Daugherty transferred to the University of San Diego.
20aggie26
Meg Smith transferred to UTA
KBAGOLFER
I'M BACK, Don't get me started, check out all my posts to look at the state of the program and who I think the the next coach should be.

Hint he's married to a former Aggie Pitcher
Artimus Gordon
Looks like we are down to 17. Good to see Herzog, Uribe and poynter back in the circle!

Hopefully no one chooses to opt out one or two games into the season like Daugherty did. Anyone know what her problem was with the program?
Ag4eva95
Who is it?
KBAGOLFER
cbmik95 said:

Who is it?

KENNY
GAJEWSKI

Oklahoma State Head Coach, husband of Rachel Fox
Ag4eva95
This would be a home run hire!
turboboost
AG
Love ladies softball. Something has to change.
MooseJr1994
AG
There is softball talent all over this state. No reason why we shouldn't be competing for championships every year. Change is way over due IMO.
sharpdressedman
MooseJr1994 said:

There is softball talent all over this state. No reason why we shouldn't be competing for championships every year. Change is way over due IMO.
Agree. Culture issues in the program and having a HC in decline have greatly limited the program's recruiting and on-field success.

With the AD's willingness to let a contract expire rather than to make a timely replacement, this year has the appearances of a "throwaway" season. My hope of being mistaken is thin.
Chapa96
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

cbmik95 said:

Who is it?

KENNY
GAJEWSKI

Oklahoma State Head Coach, husband of Rachel Fox
Would love to see this!!

Speaking of OSU, I just saw Miranda Elish is transferring from tu to OSU after sitting out last year.
BrandoC
AG
Evans will be fired or "not retained" next year. We all know it. Hopefully Bjork is finding and talking to possible candidates now though.
Artimus Gordon
The good news is for the first time in I don't know how long I am looking forward to aggie baseball this year! That will over shadow any snatching defeat from the jaws of victory that seems to occur with jo at the helm of the softball program! We will just have to let it play out the string/contract!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.