Ags Might Be Wearing Real Gloves Under Schloss??

9,231 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bondag
TKNR_Ags_co21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Screenshot of an Aggie baseball tweet showing their fall equipment

I see Wilson gloves! Smell ya later cheapo Easton gloves!

BillyBob79
AG
I could not agree more with OP comment on Wilson gloves. The A2000 is the best glove in baseball.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Absolutely.
Ag 11
AG
I was hoping they'd be Nokona. Made in Texas!
TAM85
I had a Nikon first baseman mitt once. A good glove that I liked more than the softer Rawlings.
Capitol Ag
AG
Ag 11 said:

I want one of these and I don't even paly baseball.
jmcfar_98
AG
TAM85 said:

I had a Nikon first baseman mitt once. A good glove that I liked more than the softer Rawlings.

Probably took a pretty good picture too. Spell check is a ***** sometimes.
Capt. America
AG
Also just a block T hat? Dig it.
ColoradoMooseHerd
The real question is.....

Where can we buy the gear?
ftworthag02
AG
I still have my nocona from high school. Awesome glove
Ag 11
AG
Mooreags
AG
Never liked the way the Wilson fit on my hand.
Preferred the Heart of the Hide or Pro Preferred.

But, that gear is sick. Boy how times have changed.

Whoever said winning isn't everything, never won anything.
cevans_40
AG
Mooreags said:

This. I like Rawlings for gloves but I am guessing we will be swinging Demarini bats which I think are not as good as Easton and Louisville.
powerbelly
AG
cevans_40 said:

Mooreags said:

This. I like Rawlings for gloves but I am guessing we will be swinging Demarini bats which I think are not as good as Easton and Louisville.

They are all basically the same.
rally-cap
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CTxq_esD99-

Quote:

"Texas A&M baseball has signed a multi-year baseball equipment agreement with Wilson Sporting Goods and DeMarini Sports. In the agreement reached between Wilson Sporting Goods Co. and Aggies' head coach Jim Schlossnagle, Texas A&M will use Wilson ball gloves and EvoShield gear and exclusively swing DeMarini bats."
Ag 11
AG
Hell yes! I love DeMarini
Capt. America
AG
It's about to be LIT
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

Also just a block T hat? Dig it.
Block T Cap

94chem
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The real question is why they can't just use the gloves they want to use. Might as well pick my religion, wife, writing utensil, and breakfast cereal for me too.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
powerbelly
AG
94chem said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The real question is why they can't just use the gloves they want to use. Might as well pick my religion, wife, writing utensil, and breakfast cereal for me too.
Why can't individuals on the football team wear the cleats they want?

Free stuff comes with conditions.
Capitol Ag
AG
94chem said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

What powerbelly said. In the end, the team has contracts with certain providers and that isn't possible to use other brands that are not first approved to be used. adidas is a little more lax about things compared to what Nike was like, but if other brands were used, we usually had to black out or mark out the logo on the item being used.
94chem
Oh, I understand it. It's just weird. I had never considered that a player's most personal possession would be picked by the team. I figured everybody would just show up with a glove, like HS.

Honestly, same for bats. Some bats just don't feel right. There was just something about a 32" Easton Black Magic that felt right.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DTownAg22
AG
They switched to Wilson and Demarini starting this year
MrCoachEricTaylor
No matter how nice the bats are, still gotta be able to put the barrel on the ball to make it go bye bye
Capitol Ag
AG
From the photos that were put up on Texags, looks like a hodge podge of everything out there including the Easton stuff.

I do love this top though:

Appears to be the adi sidelines training top with the baseball script on it. This is another example of a top that is a specific order to adi and for that reason most likely won't be ordered on the retail side. But if a Aggie apparel store were to place a special order for this, I'd be all in!

Here is the same top that is football issue/retail:

BBGigem
AG
Now it is officially official.

Equipment contract signed
Ag 11
AG
Gonna be hitting dingers with the DeMarinis
SenorAG
AG
Actually Wilson and Louisville are part of the same company and as far as BBCOR bats go it's hard to compete with The Goods, Voodoo and Meta Bats they are hotter than any Easton bat available.
cevans_40
AG
SenorAG said:

Actually Wilson and Louisville are part of the same company and as far as BBCOR bats go it's hard to compete with The Goods, Voodoo and Meta Bats they are hotter than any Easton bat available.

Hype is better than anything
Alpha Texan
AG
Ag 11 said:

Was lucky enough to be raised on Nokona ballgloves. Had one other teammate who used them in high school, too. If someone showed up with a new A2000 or A2K, the whole team would gather around to drool but the 2 of us knew what was really up.

My favorite glove I ever had was a kangaroo leather glove from Nokona. It wasn't the most durable but it was the most magical, softest glove I could ever have imagined,

It would be insane if we treated our players to Nokonas
greg.w.h
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Ag 11 said:

Was lucky enough to be raised on Nokona ballgloves. Had one other teammate who used them in high school, too. If someone showed up with a new A2000 or A2K, the whole team would gather around to drool but the 2 of us knew what was really up.

My favorite glove I ever had was a kangaroo leather glove from Nokona. It wasn't the most durable but it was the most magical, softest glove I could ever have imagined,

You mean if Nokona sponsored our team with gloves and other support?
Alpha Texan
AG
Errrr emmmmm- yeah, what you said
canaAg12
AG
Not a much better bat than the Goods and Demarini and Voodoo in the BBCOR market. And I have always loved the way the A2000s fit on my hand, but I always had an 11 1/2. Never had an A2K, was always a little out of budget when I was playing.
SenorAG
AG
Easton Black magic going old school here. Was the golden Omaha for me!!!
powerbelly
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Ag 11 said:

I find the Nokona love hilarious. They are good, but not any better than other premium gloves.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.