Schloss Contract vs. SEC coaches

2,715 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAg1822
TexAg1822
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry if I missed this earlier, didn't realize he was at 1.45 -- Worth it, imo

mosdefn14
AG
What do we think he'd be worth still at TCU with the big 12-4 folding?
MaroonStain
AG
mosdefn14 said:

What do we think he'd be worth still at TCU with the big 12-4 folding?

He probably "received" info that this was TCU's path.
EMY92
AG
Tennessee definitely had to overpay for Vitello.
greg.w.h
AG
Vitello is extended through 2026. The money literally doesn't matter with the additional payouts headed towards the conference. Branding and fan support does matter. And he's not only doing a good job but in demand. Not paying him and losing him to another school is the issue.

We need to stop thinking in terms of saving money. This is a money-spending operation or what is often called a cost center. If we can-or they can-turn a profit that is a bonus in baseball. Having 10,000 season tickets sold and fanatic fans bolsters the school. We will get there I believe.
TexasRebel
AG
I like the hire, but your assertion is yet to be seen.
TexAg1822
AG
For sure, I'm with you there.

Was more meaning I thought it was worth it paying that much for a coach of his caliber rather than us pursuing another option with a guy who hasn't been as successful. As with him actually earning it, absolutely only time will tell. I am very excited for Aggie Baseball though -- Schloss seems to be doing a lot of "Jimbo-esque" things in his first few months here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.