conference additions

6,319 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by twk
Ag 11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hated having to play against them and the umps when we were in the big 12
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

OK bad wording on my part. I did also use the word probably. Again I'm not in favor of any such split series if Sippie becomes a member of the SEC but I do think it will be discussed since while many dislike the split series, many enjoyed having at least one home game every season. On the other hand, if t.u. doesn't get an invited,. I would like to see an expansion of the single midweek game to three midweek games along the lines of the Gator
I think the split series was originally designed to make sure season ticket sale didn't fall off from one year to the next based on who was or wasn't on the home schedule. Selling season tickets is no longer a problem, so there's no reason for us to do some split series with the sips. We could play an additional non-conference game at a neutral site, but I've got no appetite for that.
Reno Hightower
Move the SEC tournament out of Hoover and put it at Bricktown.
twk
AG
Reno Hightower said:

I'll vote for that.
jkag89
I didn't think about that but when they started the split series in '93 season tickets were dirt cheap, not sure why any avid Aggie baseball fan would not renew even if t.u. wasn't part of the home slate.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Reno Hightower said:

Once Texas gets into the league, the permanent home of the tourney will be in Round Rock. My guess is the SEC football title game will be moved to San Antonio, and the SEC men's and women's basketball tourneys will probably be held in like Wimberley, Elgin, San Marcos or Bastrop.

But I'm sure that will all happen just by wild coincidence...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
If sippie does not have the predominance to get the BDF tournaments moved to its backyard what makes you think they'll be able to do so in the SEC?
Luke The Drifter
AG
jkag89 said:

If sippie does not have the predominance to get the BDF tournaments moved to its backyard what makes you think they'll be able to do so in the SEC?

As they say in the Star Wars movies, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Agsncws
AG
I dont really care about OU. Their baseball program is fine, but nothing remarkable and certainly not elite in the SEC. Texas will be interesting. People talk about the shenanigans that they pull off in football and the perceived preferential refereeing, but baseball was always right up there in weird umpire calls. Will it happen again? Hard to say it wont, but at the same time the SEC will not be owned by Texas in the same way they owned SWC/XII. It'll be an interesting dynamic to see play out in the heads of Aggie fans on Texags.

As for myself, I kinda fear for my well-being of having weekend series every year with Texas, LSU and Arky. Thats a lot of focused hate going on.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
twk
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Reno Hightower said:

Once Texas gets into the league, the permanent home of the tourney will be in Round Rock. My guess is the SEC football title game will be moved to San Antonio, and the SEC men's and women's basketball tourneys will probably be held in like Wimberley, Elgin, San Marcos or Bastrop.

But I'm sure that will all happen just by wild coincidence...

I think you are stretching that a bit. I could see the baseball tournament (or basketball, for that matter) going to OKC because Bricktown is such a good setup. Jerry Jones will get the football championship at his place as much as any other venue. Could see a baseball tournament in Arlington (with the turf, that evidently eliminated MLB's objection to hosting a conference tournament) as that's where the next Big XII tournament will be played. Frankly, after getting screwed over on the gentlemen's agreement, it's every man for himself, and if that means working with the sips to get things that we would like (such as closer championship venues), then we will do that regardless of whose toes we step on.
W
AG
the city of Hoover is concerned.

because the sips will get the other "western" schools to push for the change too.

t.u., OU, A&M, Mizzou, maybe Arkansas, maybe LSU...

almost have a majority
W
AG
oh, and like everything else...if Bricktown offers a better financial situation...the SEC will jump
Wicked Good Ag
I love how everyone wants closer venue for championship games. Like if we made the championship game we wouldnt be happy as sh&* to go to Atlanta
Luke The Drifter
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

I love how everyone wants closer venue for championship games. Like if we made the championship game we wouldnt be happy as sh&* to go to Atlanta

Have you seen how poorly A&M fans travel to away games? Especially those far away in short notice
Wicked Good Ag
Luke The Drifter said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Have you seen how poorly A&M fans travel to away games? Especially those far away in short notice
It cant be near as poor as the amount of whining we do about Jerry World only to be like it better move to this venue because we were "slighted"

jkag89
W said:

because the sips will get the other "western" schools to push for the change too.

almost have a majority
LSU fans like Hoover. Don't see the SEC Baseball Tournament moving any time soon. A decade or so from now, maybe.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Reno Hightower said:

This was my thought too. If this is going to happen, we have legitimate reason to put the tourney in Bricktown. Would be great!!
SW AG80
AG
TAMU1990 said:

I wonder what Tadlock is thinking now about passing up the Aggies???

He was the first choice.
I have heard from a good source that Schloss was our first choice, so Tadlock did not have a decision to make.
MaroonMack
twk said:

I think the split series was originally designed to make sure season ticket sale didn't fall off from one year to the next based on who was or wasn't on the home schedule. Selling season tickets is no longer a problem, so there's no reason for us to do some split series with the sips. We could play an additional non-conference game at a neutral site, but I've got no appetite for that.
If I thought holding a non-conference game with t.u. at a neutral site would help build interest in college baseball among casual fans, I'd be all for it, but you could probably do the same thing playing Tech in one of those ballparks instead.

Maybe playing the 'sips in Arlington or Frisco might reduce some of the complaints on the board by fans who don't want to travel from Dallas sit on the berms to see a game against a team with a pulse /s
cajunaggie08
AG
jkag89 said:

W said:

almost have a majority
LSU fans like Hoover. Don't see the SEC Baseball Tournament moving any time soon. A decade or so from now, maybe.
LSU fans will show up anywhere LSU baseball is played. Also Hoover recently put a bunch of money into the stadium for the sole purpose for keeping the SEC tournament there even after the minor league team moved to a new downtown stadium. I'm sure it will move someday, but its proximity to many of the SEC schools will keep it a favorite for hosting for a long time. Selfishly I would like it outwest occasionally, but one of the problems with any of the Big 12 tourneys of the past in Bricktown is when OU or OSU were knocked out the attendance wasnt great.
jkag89
True. Not saying LSU fans would not be open to a different setting for the SEC Tournament but they have had great success there and depending on which part of Louisiana they hail from OKC is not necessarily an easier trip than Hoover.
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

True. Not saying LSU fans would not be open to a different setting for the SEC Tournament but they have had great success there and depending on which part of Louisiana they hail from OKC is not necessarily an easier trip than Hoover.
I'm not saying OKC would be a neutral travel site. I'm just saying that a post expansion landscape where every SEC championship event is East of Mississippi is not tenable. It's every man for himself, and if that means forming coalitions with other schools to get those events closer to our fans , we should do it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.