conference additions

6,317 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by twk
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do hardball fans feel about the conference additions?
2020P.O.
Bring those b@stards on - conference play will be whatever the level above bloodbath is.
TXAggie2011
AG
Weekend series with the t-sips with conference implications will be hella fun. Bring it on
Bucketrunner
Hate the *******s. Will not attend.
jkag89
With our neighbors to the north, I can live with the Land Thieves. it is Okie State that I hate baseball wise. Sippie I rather not, on the other hand they'll learn quickly what it is like to face a tough foe week after week in league play. If you take a weak sister too lightly in the BDF they might take a game, do so in the SEC they'll take the series.
W
AG
please please please no split series stuff.

3 there and then 3 here or vice versa
jkag89
W said:

If t.u. becomes a member of the SEC you know they'll will probably go the way of the South Carolina/Clemson and Florida/FSU series, One game at Olsen, one game at the Disch, one game at a neutral park probably rotating between Dell Diamond (Round Rock), Whataburger Field (Corpus). Constellation Field (Sugarland) and Dr Pepper Ballpark (Frisco). This sort of arrangement is fine for midweek contests between nonconference rivals and would not mind seeing it happen if Sippie lands somewhere else but no thank you for a weekend league series.
Wicked Good Ag
jkag89 said:

W said:

If t.u. becomes a member of the SEC you know they'll will probably go the way of the South Carolina/Clemson and Florida/FSU series, One game at Olsen, one game at the Disch, one game at a neutral park probably rotating between Dell Diamond (Round Rock), Whataburger Field (Corpus). Constellation Field (Sugarland) and Dr Pepper Ballpark (Frisco). This sort of arrangement is fine for midweek contests between nonconference rivals and would not mind seeing it happen if Sippie lands somewhere else but no thank you for a weekend league series.
Well those are non conference games so i wouldnt say that is the way they go
BQ_90
AG
jkag89 said:

W said:

Does Bama and AU do that or the Miss schools
jkag89
Wicked Good Ag said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Well those are non conference games so i wouldnt say that is the way they go

As I said, it is not the way I'd like to see it go but think there is at least a chance it might go that way. The split series was part of A&M/t.u. baseball rivalry for 20 or so seasons before we went to the SEC and with no close by third team to keep the home and away games even, I can easily see a neutral site game as a way to have a split series. Just another reason to hope Sippie goes west or becomes part of B1G although the Huskers certainly won;t be keen on that idea.
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

I came to this thread to post this very thing. I cannot express how badly I hated the split series we used to do with the 'sips and Baylor. Awful. Just absolutely awful.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
BQ_90 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

In past both the Alabama and Mississippi schools have played a midweek nonconference game at a neutral site. The league games were not split those seasons in which the scheduled the fourth game.
Spyderman
AG
The freedom was nice while it lasted.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
wareagle044
TXAggie2011 said:

Weekend series with the t-sips with conference implications will be hella fun. Bring it on

Pumped about this
wareagle044
jkag89 said:

BQ_90 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

In past both the Alabama and Mississippi schools have played a midweek nonconference game at a neutral site. The league games were not split those seasons in which the scheduled the fourth game.

This.

AU/Bama play the capital city classic in Montgomery and the game is a non-conference game - the 3 game conference series is played at whichever school is slotted as the home team for that years schedule
Aggie
AG
jkag89 said:

W said:

Never did that in the past so I don't see any reason why they would do that in future.

I didn't mind the split series
Guaranteed you a home game each year.

tonytx05
AG
I'm perfectly happy in the SEC without them.
Ag 11
AG
ensign_beedrill
AG
I say no thanks. Left Big 12 and t.u. behind for a reason. I like that we started playing them again once a year, but I don't want them in the conference.
W
AG
thinking about the leftovers from a college baseball standpoint...Tech, TCU, and OKState.

the "Rice formula" comes to mind. Tech & TCU have been good at following it in the past decade...and will have to continue to do so in their next league.

one big problem...the sharp drop in annual TV revenue that is coming. Possibly going from $37 MM per year down to the $10 MM range.

the salary structure for their baseball coaches is not in line with a school only making $10 MM per year revenue.

Especially when half of that amount is already being paid to the football coach (TCU, OSU). Something has to give
Luke The Drifter
AG
I am making the bold assumption that we are trending toward creating four 16-team super conferences. If so, I predict this:

Pac-12 will add Tech, oSu, Boise, and BYU

ACC will add Norte Dame and West Virginia

Big 10 will add Kansas and Iowa State

That leaves KSU, TCU, and Baylor without a home. I can't imagine they'll do any better than CUSA, the American, or Mountain West.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
Aggie said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Never did that in the past so I don't see any reason why they would do that in future.

I didn't mind the split series
Guaranteed you a home game each year.

The reason they did not do it in the past is because Baylor was part of the split series. That will not be the case if Sippie becomes a member of the SEC.
AgBQ-00
AG
Didn't they just do that honking lifetime contract for their baseball coach?
W
AG
yes, they did.

fortunately the Red Raider football coach is only making $3 MM per year.

Tech will have to decide in which sports they want to pay market rate for head coaches and assistants. It can't be all of the big 3: football, basketball, and baseball
TexasRebel
AG
Do you think they told Schloss?
rrtodds
AG
W said:

The split series worked because of the triangle with Baylor like Fox News, fair and balanced.

I don't see the SEC allowing scheduling variances other than those already established Florida Georgia and Aggie Arky football arrangements.
_lefraud_
AG
For baseball/softball

Keep the east/west, and do a Fri/Sat 2 game series with each division opponent, home and away.

Aggies
Arkansas
Lsu
MissSt
Mizz
Ole Miss
Ou
Texas

So Aggies would have 4 games each with these schools...2 games home, 2 games away (different weekend).
HTownAg
AG
_lefraud_ said:

For baseball/softball

Keep the east/west, and do a Fri/Sat 2 game series with each division opponent, home and away.

Aggies
Arkansas
Lsu
MissSt
Mizz
Ole Miss
Ou
Texas

So Aggies would have 4 games each with these schools...2 games home, 2 games away (different weekend).

That is one loaded division

tu - 10 CWS appearances and 2 titles since 2000
LSU - 8 appearances and 2 titles in same time span...
MSU - 5 appearances, 1 title
Arky - 6 appearances
Aggies - 2 appearances

of course, the east is pretty tough

Vandy - 5 appearances, 2 titles
Florida - 8, appearances, 1 title
So. Car - 6 appearances, 2 titles

Captain Pablo
AG
_lefraud_ said:

For baseball/softball

Aggies
Arkansas
Lsu
MissSt
Mizz
Ole Miss
Ou
Texas

That's 28 games against West division opponents, over 14 weekends

So we don't play anybody from the east? What's the point of being in the conference If you never play anybody from the east?
Captain Pablo
AG
jkag89 said:

W said:

No, we don't "know" this will happen. In fact, I bet it doesn't
TAMU1990
AG
I wonder what Tadlock is thinking now about passing up the Aggies???

He was the first choice.
jkag89
OK bad wording on my part. I did also use the word probably. Again I'm not in favor of any such split series if Sippie becomes a member of the SEC but I do think it will be discussed since while many dislike the split series, many enjoyed having at least one home game every season. On the other hand, if t.u. doesn't get an invited,. I would like to see an expansion of the single midweek game to three midweek games along the lines of the Gator
jkag89
I'm sure Tadlock will still be able to find a high paying gig if the tards can not pay whatever they agreed to earlier this summer if the BDF falls apart and tech does not land on its feet.
Farmer1906
AG
TAMU1990 said:

I wonder what Tadlock is thinking now about passing up the Aggies???

He was the first choice.
tu knew about the potential SEC move and used to get Beard. We didn't know so, obviously, didn't use it to get Tadlock. I find it very likely it would have changed things.

It's all good though. I am happy with the Schloss hire and have been impressed with the moves so far.
greg.w.h
AG
Texas's baseball program relented on the blackball effort fairly early. I just am incensed if we end up playing them annually in football without a direct benefit to Texas A&M annually. But it is what it is.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.